Map Thread XVII

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tomorrow Country - Governmental Freedom in North America, 2068

Finally bothered to finish this one! Gaze upon the non-placeholder flags and weep. Like the last time I posted a WIP here, "moribund democracy" is a future social-sciences term which has no exact OTL equivalent (although you can see shades of it in Canadian provincial politics, especially the 42-year P.C. reign in Ontario) - it's the result of a heavily traumatized population which craves stability but will not willingly abandon its democratic institutions in order to achieve it.

Since I know everybody is going to want a closer look at Tahoe:

View attachment 396584
Will emigration from the north help democratize the organised territories?

Thousand Week Reich - SS-Ordenstaat Prinz-Eugen Land (Serbian Banat)
18S31mK.jpg

Rest of the scenario -https://www.reddit.com/r/AP246/comments/7ch604/the_thousandweek_reich_a_realistic_nazi_victory/

Its ah.com thread https://www.alternatehistory.com/fo...ich-a-realistic-nazi-victory-scenario.444582/

And its HOI4 mod in development - https://www.reddit.com/r/twrmod/

Discord (for the mod)- https://discord.gg/7Zyc8RM

A quick map i made.

Starting from the late 17th century, swabians started to settle the areas around the danube in what is currently Serbia, this minority grew into the largest minority in the region after the serbs. After the invasion of Serbia by the wehrmacht, hungary and romania, both client states of Germany, wanted the serbian banat, to solve this Germany annexed the area to "protect german minorities", the military administration, officialy an autonomous part of serbia, effectively the sole authority on the region, decided to use banat as a home for all the germans living in the former yugoslavia, after declaring the region "judenrein" (as well as "clease of romas"), as well of in 1942, the military administration decided to create a SS division for the region, that would also be a peacekeeping force in the balkan, however they couldn't find enough volunteers and had to conscript people in it. This division would fight yugoslavian insurgent during the soviet war but would be quite unsuccesful, and it wouldn't be until the end of the war and the assignement of more ressources that it would be supressed, and even then it would still stay a mixed success as smaller scale attacks would continue until the french civil war. Over the years the SS division, called "Prinz Eugen" would gain power and in 1946 banat would be formally put under its control, and it would be renamed, Sepp Janko would have virtually all powers there.

But not all ethnic germans living in the danube wanted to resettle in Banat, and they wanted to make the SS state larger, but Germany couldn't expand it without angering Hungary or Romania,

Since I was a kid I always liked the Eevelutions as my favorite pokemon, and since I been apart of the furry fandom for a total of four years now I decided to eventually make a fictional fantasy world where basically all races of Eevelutions exist. Basically I took inspiration from Naruto and Avatar: The Last Airbender. And for all your info all the Eevelutions walk up-right and are basically anthromorphic people in case anyone was curious.

Anyways I basically made this fictional world of mine a basic dystopia as it dealt with literally five world wars (the fifth recent one was so bad it resulted in 1 billion people around the world being killed during the war that lasted for a decade and a half), global warming and rapid climate change (basically droughts, ozone layer increasing in size, overpopulation in some places, oil becoming scarce, and water in some places becoming scarce as well), radical political ideologies, and basically fictional nations are colonizing the polar continents to get the huge last remaining resources.

So yeah you can tell this world of mine isn't doing good whatsoever.

(Also sorry for the long notes I made on the map, hope none of you don't mind)

So, I've been a little burned out recently making AH maps. However, going through my WIPs, I realise that there are several projects that have certai areas(ie. North America, Africa etc.) pretty much done, so I thought I'd post some to see if there is some interest in me annotating them or doing soomthing further with them. Without further ado.. I present

The Land of Wolves: PoD-1217; Current Year-1682, On the Eve of the War of Francien Unity

The Land of Wolves.png

Please, ask any questions or comment about the scenario, or even suggest ideas for what to do

Also, If you have any suggestions on an idea that you want to be mapped, PM me (I'm open to suggestions):)

So, I've been a little burned out recently making AH maps. However, going through my WIPs, I realise that there are several projects that have certai areas(ie. North America, Africa etc.) pretty much done, so I thought I'd post some to see if there is some interest in me annotating them or doing soomthing further with them. Without further ado.. I present

The Land of Wolves: PoD-1217; Current Year-1682, On the Eve of the War of Francien Unity

View attachment 396880

Please, ask any questions or comment about the scenario, or even suggest ideas for what to do

Also, If you have any suggestions on an idea that you want to be mapped, PM me (I'm open to suggestions):)
how to egg have that much of the americas been colonized by the 17th century?

View attachment 396880

Was the POD the First Baron War?

What the Pompey happen to England? (And France for that matter.)

Where's the Turks? The Ottomans? The Eastern Romans?

Is that a surviving and large Mongol Empire in Asia? Or some other state?

Who united Italy?

Surviving Aztecs?

View attachment 396880

can you show the rest of the world?

I actually remember someone doing something like this, but different. (AKA: Not a switch.)

Yeah. One user (don't remember the. name or which thread unfortunately) some time ago did the same concept, but did it with two separate maps. Main difference (IIRC) from this current map and those is the fact that the borders in the earlier maps were more like their OTL counterparts. *Shrug*

Thank you everyone for commenting on my map! I appreciate the questions.

how to egg have that much of the americas been colonized by the 17th century?

Well, the *Americas Haven’t been colonized too much at this point, mostly the map shows where the governments have strong claims and nominal territorial control. However, *North America isn’t as regarded as a backwater by the colonizing community, and with an earlier *Columbian exchange, the colonies have a population larger than what would be there in OTL

Was the POD the First Baron War?

What the Pompey happen to England? (And France for that matter.)

Where's the Turks? The Ottomans? The Eastern Romans?

Is that a surviving and large Mongol Empire in Asia? Or some other state?

Who united Italy?

Surviving Aztecs?

No, the POD was further East, though butterflies flapped back out west . [The map is verging on ASB in quality, though I don’t think it’s too unrealistic]

Well, more details to come, but let’s just say the Avgin Empire was able to hold together a bit better, though the Danes got back involved after a revolt in Northern England over their Francine Rulers. The city of London, run by its guilds, also decided it was done listening to bickering kings, and became a “republic” not too unlike Venice

The Turks were less successful, with the ottomans never rising to powers, however the East Romans were {forcefully and begrudgingly} “reunited with their Western brother in about 100 years ago.

That is indeed a united Mongolian Empire, that has utilized and synthesized its realism to be more united rather than nomadic, though with a rule of Law that would make Ghengis Proud.

The HRE got some of its stones together under successful Emporers and Conquored the Italian Peninsula, at the later cost of losing most of its Germanic Lands, its is, however, a Holy Empire of Romans, so at least there is that.

Well, the Aztec state is little more than a puppet for its Galician Masters, however the ruling dynasty is still mostly native.

can you show the rest of the world?

The rest of the world doesn’t have much else to offer in this time period, but I suppose I could expand the map to show it in the final annotated version

Thank you everyone for commenting on my map! I appreciate the questions.

Well, the *Americas Haven’t been colonized too much at this point, mostly the map shows where the governments have strong claims and nominal territorial control. However, *North America isn’t as regarded as a backwater by the colonizing community, and with an earlier *Columbian exchange, the colonies have a population larger than what would be there in OTL

No, the POD was further East, though butterflies flapped back out west . [The map is verging on ASB in quality, though I don’t think it’s too unrealistic]

Well, more details to come, but let’s just say the Avgin Empire was able to hold together a bit better, though the Danes got back involved after a revolt in Northern England over their Francine Rulers. The city of London, run by its guilds, also decided it was done listening to bickering kings, and became a “republic” not too unlike Venice

The Turks were less successful, with the ottomans never rising to powers, however the East Romans were {forcefully and begrudgingly} “reunited with their Western brother in about 100 years ago.

That is indeed a united Mongolian Empire, that has utilized and synthesized its realism to be more united rather than nomadic, though with a rule of Law that would make Ghengis Proud.

The HRE got some of its stones together under successful Emporers and Conquored the Italian Peninsula, at the later cost of losing most of its Germanic Lands, its is, however, a Holy Empire of Romans, so at least there is that.

Well, the Aztec state is little more than a puppet for its Galician Masters, however the ruling dynasty is still mostly native.

The rest of the world doesn’t have much else to offer in this time period, but I suppose I could expand the map to show it in the final annotated version
So if the East Romans are reunited with their Western brother what exactly is happening in Greece and Anatolia. And who are the colonists of the Americas?

Severing Ties with Dema: A 21 Piløts Punk Map

upload_2018-7-14_0-43-57.png

In the latter days of the American Totalist State, the beleagued successor to the Combined Syndicates of America, many began to embrace the almost forced liberalization of the country in the context of religion. In this turmoil, the Violist religion began to gain power. Violism worshiped the nihilism and apathy that emerged in those days. The Violists were able to create a drug called Blurryface, which was able to allow its user to more or less ignore the chaos of the world around them. However, due to the mental imbalances that this drug caused, it also would very commonly lead to extremely severe clinical depression. However, Blurryface was also extremely addictive. Even though it began regional at best, Violists began to gain more and more power off of sales of Blurryface. In 2009, the Violists were able to stage an extremely successful coup, killing the former Totalist leaders of the ATS as they tried to flee with twenty one pilots, and instituting the Violist Bishops as rulers of the realm. This new nation was organized as DEMA, with it's capitol in Columbus, Ohio. As of 2018, Nico and the Niners rule the country with an iron fist, issuing an anathema towards anyone who rebelled. However, recently, a certain Clancy was able to escape DEMA, revealing the existence of a group called the "banditos" that opposed DEMA. They spoke of an Isle of Flightless Birds that they could flee to, to be truly away from DEMA...

We are banditos, We will leave Dema and head true East, We renounce violism.

My first map I've ever posted on here, and oh man, looking at some of the stuff already on the thread, I don't know if I can compete.

That said, this an in-universe takeoff of another map and writeup of mine that won't show up probably for a good long while, based on a certain scenario by Philip K. Dick, but set well into the future of it. And a lot of the secondary basis for it -- and a very special thanks for inspiring me to create maps in the first place -- is from the great @B_Munro, the master of AH maps... especially since I might have borrowed the border for Russia from his own take on the subject.

I just don't plain feel like giving a proper writeup right now, and besides, I'd rather save it for the main map scenario anyway for when that's done and finished. That said, I can give some tidbits about this world:

--The current year in-universe is 2008. This might be best thought of as a poster map, or a cover to a celebratory anniversary pamphlet or somesuch similar. Individual EU countries are all marked in their own color, and in fact only Switzerland and Liechtenstein remain out of the EU these days.

--Winston Churchill got really lucky in several of his pre-WWII political hopes and dreams, both personally and for the British Empire as a whole, trusting the Americans a lot less, and would take on a leading role in helping establish the European Union in the 1948 Congress of Europe... and also especially, British dominance of it.

--World War II was only slightly less pointlessly destructive than OTL, the US turned back inwards for several years due the lack of a red menace, and no Soviet Union let the Europeans a bit ballsier and meaner in trying to keep their various colonies. Pan-European birthrates also remained somewhat high which helped keep its population base up and also boosted white emigration in the various colonies Europe kept and incorporated -- indeed, European society could have been said to be at least as sexist as racist in the ultra-conservative postwar Churchillian era, with an awful lot of European women kept as glorified baby factories.

--For all that, Britain, even bolstered by its federation with various dominions and incorporation of several of its other colonies, has essentially lost top spot within the EU to Germany, which though divided at first (thankfully minus Hungary in the South German state, because even Churchill's cabinet at the time said "come on!") reunited in the 70s after his death and grew quite fast, having never had to worry about communism, shifted borders or or mass expulsions with Stalin out of the picture. Indeed, it's sort of established its own miniature bloc within the EU of various Central European allies against the Anglo-French bloc within the EU.

--The EU itself is pretty closely intertwined, much more so than in our own world... questions on if the EU is a proper superstate or not are asked much more frequently. However, internal EU politics are incredibly turbulent, with the institution as a whole really only surviving due to inertia, external worries about the USA, karmic vengeance from the OTL third world, and lately a very fast rising China as well. The EU might be best thought of as a barge: stay in front of it and you're going to get crushed, but if you're nimble enough to get out of its way, it's going to have a hard time shifting around to get to you. That's why even if Europe is #1, it's only winning due to points.

--The EU is finally experimenting with the whole "not being racist as hell" thing, giving more legal privileges to "natives" in non-European areas and even citizenship to basically the biggest nonwhite believers in European civilization/sellouts to whitey in "overseas territories." Still, it's incredibly slow-going, and everything from massive complaining to the occasional terrorist bombing European cities every now and then will probably keep happening for the foreseeable future.

--the USA has been rather leftier and in fact far less genuinely racist than our world, and despite the massive size of the European bloc at first, had successfully kept chipping away at it for decades, with a lot of newly independent former colonies siding with it during the cold war with Europe. However, neoliberal obnoxiousness, glorified neocolonialism, and a feeling it wasn't doing enough in the long term to truly stop Europe led a lot of countries to eventually de-align from it, most notoriously China, but also large amounts of the rest of Asia and Africa. It retains some allies in Latin America (rather close by, after all) and the Middle East (good customers of oil) but now external criticisms of US foreign policy are becoming internal criticisms of US domestic policy: many now say the USA is an inherently racist, white-dominated country the way the states of Europe are despite only roughly half of the population being white nowadays. (There had been an awful lot of emigration from old European colonies, and a more concerned, humanitarian USA took as many people in as it could.)

--The election of Angela Davis as the first POC, female, and even communist president has made American history, as well as the fact she got in with only a plurality of the popular and electoral vote. That it's quickly being uncovered her supporters stuffed ballot boxes, intimidated and beat up opposition voters, and all sorts of other illegal tactics will make even more history with the Second American Civil War starting next year.

--In other Earth-shattering news, East Russia will also reunite with West Russia next year, to the joy of European businesses happy to access Siberian resources. However, the incredibly generous political concessions made to incorporate East Russians into the Russian and overall European political system is making a lot of European pols nervous about probable future Russian dominance within the EU, and indeed, East Russian President Limonov has been making plans for that already.
grasshoppereumap.png
grasshoppereumap.png

Anyone who doesn't like your maps is wrong.

All of your maps are awesome. :cool:

Thank you, i really hope so. Next one is already finished - and i will post it next week. And the one for the week
after is in work - another one from medieval/renaissance times - 1550.
And i've got another project in work - Central Europe/Germany, also using it for maps from different times.

Status
Not open for further replies.