Map Thread XVII

Status
Not open for further replies.
As an Indian, that made me wanna throw up. So you probably did a job of making the map.

I was going to make a map like this but for India but Inkscape ended up crashing. Basically what happened in the story was that India gets independence after WW1 as the British promised them as a dominion, annexes Bhutan in the 1930s due to political instability there, The United States balkanizes as a result of a worse great depression, WW2 is fought against communists and the Cold War is Democracies vs Fascism (Fascism ITTL is less Hitler and more Franco) and India ends up becoming a battleground where Congress is pro-Democracy while Subash Chandra Bose leads the pro-Fascist Indian Republican Party which succeeds in their goals of cutting off ties with Britain but fails to get anything else done, and collapses in 1989 as the Cold War begins to end. Political instability in Nepal leads to India taking the Madesh areas in the Southeast and India today is the world's largest economy.

three_kingdoms_of_viking_rus__by_seacambrian-dcf3zj0.png

Full size image at Deviant Art:
https://seacambrian.deviantart.com/art/Three-Kingdoms-of-Viking-Rus-750974364
Where does the name "Holmgardian" come from?

Also, -3/10 for using that horrendous color for the Romans ;)

View attachment 393574

Done now i need to do a write-up which I'm gonna procrastinate on

Was the part about the CIA and Brazilian military meant to be the other way around? Also, may want to move 18 and 19 on the map. Cabinda independent or a part of Portugal here? Are the Inonian islands a part of Greeece here, and is it a republic or monarchy? They very itchy about union with Cyprus? Has Egypt given up its claim to Sinai and got Sudan to drop their claim on the coast? Just wondering, though I imagine you are just not showing the claims. A bit confusing around Arakan. How did India come to get it? It is Bengali populated in the northwest, and you got loads of Buddhists in the central and southeast portions. Did it come about with a pod before the British spun off Burma? I feel that Bengal would have possessed some of this land, since the historical claims would have been theirs. And while it would be a very mountainous bit of land seperating Assam from this acquisition, the land you gave to India is also separated from the rest of Burma by mountains, so it is all good. Just wondering what time period you India get it. Also, did you have Bangladesh independent out the gate, or did they have to deal with another series of coup by West Pakistan, which here would be in an even greater minority population-wise. On a side note, I think that Pakistan has lot a little extra bit of land to Kashmir. I don't think the Princely State had as much of a border with Kashmir. And did India and Pakistan both guarantee Kashmir's maximum border claims against China here? And how did Italy end up keeping Istria? Such a shame. I had to trapdoor a map earlier for a Spanish Gibraltar, yet there Slovenia had the joy of owning Istria. I fear here they will not even get a port. Ahh well, hopefully they get Fiume or something if things go south. So, what will the story with the Germanys be? The Soviets have Brandenburg-Saxony keep the name of Germany, while getting everyone else to identify as Allemannic, Swabian, Fraconian, Hessian, Saxon, etc?

Last edited:

Another
map with Spanish Gibraltar? I must question the realism of our recent maps.
Except no, Spanish Gibraltar is totally possible and in fact I'd argue it's almost a fluke that English Gibraltar exists in the first place.

Plus, idk how you pick out Spanish Gibraltar on that particular map when literally all of Germany is part of the Spanish crown.

Status
Not open for further replies.