Map Thread XVII

Status
Not open for further replies.

Deleted member 108228

First of all Hybrids are made from remains of fallen human and shipgirls, reanimated and twisted by the Symbiotes. the latter usually are made into a slightly more powerful version of their former selves.

Hybrids that not a mindless hivemind drones are varied. Most are just innocents who happened to be persecuted a lot by other humans for being a hybrid, some turned to 'sell' their conscious to the symbiotes and become one with them others just become an Anti-Human terrorist group that want to spread Symbiotes' mutagen to the populations. Few Hybrids actually served in the Navy and become the Admiral for the shipgirls, one of them is a young German officer named Alfred Rosenberg (happened to have the same name as the Nazi one), he was originally a human but got abducted once and barely turned into a mindless hybrid in the reefhives before he managed to escape. He's being kept in charge because of his knowledge about the deep sea enemies under circumstances that he must hide his 'infected' part of his body.

Also as for the Abyssal/Sirens detached from their hive mind, most of them become mindless feral beasts that wander the sea and occasionally eat sea life ranging from plankton to a small whale. The more 'humanoid' form are start to get their own consciousness but still believe they are part of their forces and retained their aggressiveness.

Can they reproduce? How many are there? 1 million? 10 million?

2l4mvct.png

The "completely as I'm willing to make it" version!

Skallagrim

Banned
Reminds me of the backstory to Fitzpatrick's War, in which the horrors of the late 21st century are so vast that Hitler and Stalin are almost forgotten figures, their crimes rendered petty by comparison.

That book had a pretty insane premise, when you think about it. Steampunk Alexander the Great, in the Future! Some pretty interesting world building, too.

I'm still unsure if that book was a tribute to works like SM Stirling's, or an ironic spit take on them. :biggrin:

Oh, wow-- I didn't even know that this existed, and it sounds like a very interesting read. I'm going to get a copy ASAP. Thanks for making me aware of its existence.

As far as 'seriousness' goes, I'm unfit to judge (not having read it, and not wanting to read the wiki in any detail on account of spoilers), but having looked at the 'background' part, it seems too considered, altogether, to be just an ironic spit take. The steampunk stuff is obviously just there for rule of cool, and its obviously deliberately less realistic than it could be, but I get the impression that the author is also doing some thought-out worldbuilding.

I look forward to reading this one!

Here's a cover!

lucifer_5__gurps_infinite_worlds__by_keperry012-dceej2c.png

This is Lucifer-5 from Infinite Worlds, the point of divergence in 1908 is when the bolide that exploded over Tunguska in OTL instead explodes over St. Petersburg, killing the Tsar and royal family and plunging Russia into collapse. In addition, as German scientists discovered soon after in the St. Petersburg ruins, the impact deposited on Earth the superscientific elements of astronium and petrinium, the former of which could be used to make atomic bombs, the latter of which was a chap and highly effective power source, and both of which could be used to fuel spaceships, specifically the torch ships invented by Willy Ley. With the balance of power on Earth frozen in place due to the threat of astronium bombs, the great powers instead began using the new spaceships to explore, colonize, and exploit the rest of the solar system (featuring conveniently habitable planets), forming new space forces and building mines, shipyards, bases and stations across the inner planets and outer moons and asteroids. The writeup in the sourcebook mostly focuses on space whereas this map obviously mostly focuses on Earth so most of it is my own interpretation rather than what's in the book.

Last edited:
I added in more of the countries mentioned, as well as the more geographic errors that were in the map, such as Oceania being further south and Antarctica being nearly gone.
QN6Us7t.png

I am a little surprise no one has yet to try a TL base around Yakko Warner Nations of the World outside of a couple of maps like this one. Seem to be a bit popular here.

I am a little surprise no one has yet to try a TL base around Yakko Warner Nations of the World outside of a couple of maps like this one. Seem to be a bit popular here.
I've on and off had the idea of doing something like that. Like, in the 1970's, Yakko comes to Earth and redraws the international borders to his liking.

And if any nation won't accept Yakko's changes, well...
upload_2018-6-14_19-41-30.png

"The Spanish Sahara is gone!"

So Yakko is a reality warping god?
I guess. But I'm more concerned about the countries he's making.

From him we get the City States of San Juan and Algiers, some sort of Caribbean federation, and somehow Asia is a country, despite him labeling off the countries of Asia, one of them being a united Korea...

But wait. Which government is controlling Korea? I don't know, but he forced them to unite anyway, even with all the differences between them. But Korea won't say anything. They don't want to be the next Spanish Sahara. :)

Then what does that make Wakko and Dot?
The sixth and seventh, of course.
I guess. But I'm more concerned about the countries he's making.

From him we get the City States of San Juan and Algiers, some sort of Caribbean federation, and somehow Asia is a country, despite him labeling off the countries of Asia, one of them being a united Korea...

But wait. Which government is controlling Korea? I don't know, but he forced them to unite anyway, even with all the differences between them. But Korea won't say anything. They don't want to be the next Spanish Sahara. :)
Well, concerning Korea, he only said 'Korea', but the map showed two Koreas (both of which highlighted). That could be something interesting; maybe he forces them to unite with a combined government? Someone more creative would probably be able to come up with something better, and could be used for Scotland/England/Great Britain as well.

As for the Caribbean, the sea itself was highlighted, so I don't know what that would be as a country. Meanwhile, all of Algeria highlighted for Algiers, so that's likely just an alternate name as opposed to a city state.

Meanwhile, all of Algeria highlighted for Algiers, so that's likely just an alternate name as opposed to a city state.
Just rewatching the video, apparently Yakko says Alger, not Algiers. So now I'm wondering if he means the city or if that really is what he's calling Algeria.

Another thing. Puerto Rico lights up twice. First when he says it right, then second when saying San Juan. Which one is it Yakko?!? :mad:

Changed a few of the borders in Africa and the India/Burma border to match the map more. Also here's an idea; in Yakko's World, all of China is the color purple, yet Yakko point's out Manchuria and Tibet, what if those were unrecognized states and that's why they weren't a different color from China.
QN6Us7t.png

Status
Not open for further replies.