Map Thread XVII

Status
Not open for further replies.
Your post said:
"I suggest you to stop."
Problem is, it may have been an issue with semantics. Because i have trouble interpreting stuff, i interpreted it as if you only asked the two talking about Kekistan to cease the conversation, and everyone else excluded. You also said "suggest", which lacks much impact to force an order. Perhaps a better phrase to say would be "you all better stop, or else".
But again, maybe that's just me. If it is, then i apologise.

I disagree. When a mod in any forum tells people "I suggest you stop," you hit the brakes immediately. The tag by the name is not for show.

I disagree. When a mod in any forum tells people "I suggest you stop," you hit the brakes immediately. The tag by the name is not for show.

I agree with you, yes. But for people who have difficulties in communication (I have heard autism/Asperger Syndrome has such symptoms, is that right?) it might well need to be clearer...

I agree with you, yes. But for people who have difficulties in communication (I have heard autism/Asperger Syndrome has such symptoms, is that right?) it might well need to be clearer...

Speaking as someone with Asperger's myself, I think the word "stop" was plenty clear as it was.

fashbasher

Banned
A map showing how something like Syldavia in Tintin might have arisen:

Founded in the 1200s by Teutonic warriors of the Varangian Guard and named after their home island of Sylt in modern-day Germany, Sylthaven/Syldavia is the only sovereign Germanic kingdom in the Balkans. Their ancient West Germanic language has been heavily masked by Slavic loanwords and Cyrillic script and most follow their Byzantine ancestors' Orthodox faith.

2EIb6kv.png

Isaac Beach

Banned
I'd like to point out that there is a dedicated thread for works in progress. Since it seems like a lot of people don't like them in the main threads, please post them there. (@Upvoteanthology, maybe you should consider putting a link to it in the original post. Just a suggestion.)

In the defense of people who post WIPs in the main thread: a lot of people don't have the time to finish their maps, but nevertheless have brilliant ideas that they want to share. Confining their maps to a WIP thread just because it messies up the main map thread -a thread which isn't actually all that active in the first place- is a bit mean in my honest opinion, especially considering the WIP thread doesn't receive all that much traffic beyond the people posting their work there.

It is lovely, but without WWII and the mass evacuatoins and (for one island on behalf of the Germans) evictions of Channel Islanders, leading to their children having a decade living among tens of thousands of Wnglish speakers, wouldn't the local Norman dialects still be around? Thuogh o suppose this map has the Normans learning a lot of English in general, so the islands would be an easy area to go full English.

I didn't cross-hatch the coast and Channel Islands since I was intending to show the dominance of English-language in the area, though it might make more sense to have the entire area like that.

A map showing how something like Syldavia in Tintin might have arisen:

Founded in the 1200s by Teutonic warriors of the Varangian Guard and named after their home island of Sylt in modern-day Germany, Sylthaven/Syldavia is the only sovereign Germanic kingdom in the Balkans. Their ancient West Germanic language has been heavily masked by Slavic loanwords and Cyrillic script and most follow their Byzantine ancestors' Orthodox faith.
All it needs is Borduria neighbouring it.

Admittedly, having Klow on an island doesn't make much sense plot-wise, but I'm sure that wasn't the point of the map.

fashbasher

Banned
All it needs is Borduria neighbouring it.

Admittedly, having Klow on an island doesn't make much sense plot-wise, but I'm sure that wasn't the point of the map.

I don't know Tintin enough but I found the idea of a Germanic, "Orthodox"/Cyrillic country in the Balkans interesting.

11352152_940535825988018_663810874_n.jpg

General Azhaar of the Kingdom of Egypt

hqdefault.jpg

Queen Zumruda al-Fayad of Egypt

b04ad9a5b6737cdb57cd84245de2cf7a5f681397_hq.jpg

Crown Prince Sirajuddeen el-Eid of Egypt

images_01207-1.jpg

King Tufail el-Yousuf V of Egypt

Just to let you know that i didn't drew it myself. It just that it will help me give me some Ideas. I know this is a Map Thread but this is my first step of becoming a Novel/Manga writer. If you have any questions just let me know.

Status
Not open for further replies.