Map Thread XVII

Status
Not open for further replies.

Skallagrim

Banned
Nice map, @TheWhereWolf! I look forward to seeing the world map, and I'm rather curious about the actual scenario and the nature of the Confederation. (And as @Imperator Frank suggested, something to explain what each colour represents would be very useful-- and interesting.)

>sees glorious colours and subdivisions
>just a lurker

HAVE MY BABIES
Well... Thanks? I do appreciate it when colorshchemes match and mesh well together.

Maybe something explaining the different colors?
Nice map, @TheWhereWolf! I look forward to seeing the world map, and I'm rather curious about the actual scenario and the nature of the Confederation. (And as @Imperator Frank suggested, something to explain what each colour represents would be very useful-- and interesting.)

Thanks! The legend fully explaining the different colours and what they mean will be on the full map so... stay tuned.

63821256-439A-4AF5-A901-554479B300F1.png

All credit goes here —> https://xkcd.com/

Completely not mine obviously.

I agree with most of the points though.

Upper Peninsula is wrong. Should go to Canada. Along with the rest of Alaska.
I can certainly see the aesthetic case for the latter (though TBQH Canada should just go to the US), but what on earth is the aesthetic case for giving the Upper Peninsula to Canada?

And actually, the Upper Peninsula looks better with Michigan than Wisconsin.

My cover of that XKCD comic everyone's losing their minds over.

EDITS: Fixed MA/NH border and removed old VA/KY border remnant on county map, gave Nassau County to Long Island.
XKCD's America.png
XKCD's America 2.png

Last edited:
My cover of that XKCD comic everyone's losing their minds over.

View attachment 349093 View attachment 349094
View attachment 349058
All credit goes here —> https://xkcd.com/

Completely not mine obviously.

I agree with most of the points though.
I do love how, out of all of southern New England, the cartoonist didn't have changes for the Southwick Jog and other areas in the immediate area.

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/7/76/Ctcolony.png

Skallagrim

Banned
Some further edits to that XKCD map, specifically based directl;y on @BippyTheGuy's version:

XKCD's America - edit.png

I have committed heresy by removing the Panhandle of Doom, and in fact removing the panhandle altogether. Western borders of Texas and Ohlahoma have been edited in other ways, too-- all to make them more fitting within the grid of states. Florida's northern border has been tidied up.

Some further edits to that XKCD map, specifically based directl;y on @BippyTheGuy's version:

View attachment 349103

I have committed heresy by removing the Panhandle of Doom, and in fact removing the panhandle altogether. Western borders of Texas and Ohlahoma have been edited in other ways, too-- all to make them more fitting within the grid of states. Florida's northern border has been tidied up.
I don't think you can beat this though :
iu

ST15RM

Banned
Hey. I come from the M-BAM thread, and I am interested in making some maps to share here.
I have a scenario where Sweden becomes fascist instead of Germany, and wins WW2.

Status
Not open for further replies.