Map Thread XVII

Status
Not open for further replies.
It doesn't have much to do with the map but I would love to see a Humbolt state (in a map) one day. The guy was a giant in his days and today he is quite forgotten!

The Libertarian wet dream, do a Navajo-Apache-Hopi state next

the_state_of_navajo__jefferson_verse__by_kitfisto1997-dc0t7s4.png

Here's the second entry in what I've creatively referred to as the 'Jefferson-verse'. :D

I probably fucked up with the cities tbh, since I layered a bunch of different maps over one another... Ah well. :p

Any more ideas for another state map? New York City-State? Sequoya? :p

Gian

Banned

Here's the second entry in what I've creatively referred to as the 'Jefferson-verse'. :D

I probably fucked up with the cities tbh, since I layered a bunch of different maps over one another... Ah well. :p

What about Western Maryland (plus the Shenandoah Valley and WV Panhandle) and Delmarva

All the states must be replaced by fake states. :p How about a state based around Savannah, in Georgia with parts in the Carolinas and Florida, sitting along the coast?

Do a Silicon Valley state!

Also this reminds me of the 124 states project, the website's dead now but here's the web archive:

https://web.archive.org/web/2017091...11/12/08/the-united-states-that-couldve-been/

fashbasher

Banned
So here's a list of all the fantasy worlds I've decided on in Age of Extraordinary Gentlemen:

Westeros - Tierra del Fuego w/ Essos - Patagonia (ASOIAF)

Pokémon Mystery Dungeon - Buenos Aires

Dantes Inferno - The Altiplano

Hatchin and Michiko - Southern Brazil

Middle-Earth - The Andes down to about Santiago (the Shire)

Egypt from the Sims 2 - Atacama Desert

Dead Island - PNG

Alola (Pokémon) - Maluku

Unova - Long Island

Discworld - UK and Ireland

TaleSpin and the Jungle Book - Kerala and TN, respectively

Tamriel - West Eurasia from about Crimea to Tajikistan

The Kingdom from Tree of Savior (Lithuanian voodoo kingdom with every Eurasian military unit imaginable) - The Baltics

Hyrule - Australia

Themyscira - St. Helena or Tristan de Cunha

Kingdom Hearts - Mauritius, Reunion

Coast of Bohemia and Italian Vienna from Shakespeare - Madagascar and South Africa

Agrabah - Oman and Yemen

Skallagrim

Banned
Also this reminds me of the 124 states project, the website's dead now but here's the web archive:

https://web.archive.org/web/2017091...11/12/08/the-united-states-that-couldve-been/

That's an interesting idea, but it seems... "biased" is the wrong word. Selective? It includes certain things, but leaves others out. Mostly because there are conflicting suggestions. I mean, it has a "Cascadia", but that's not what's generally proposed by actual proponents of Cascadian separatism. In the same way, it icludes one proposed division of California, but there have been at least six. Seven, as of recently. (Generally along the same lines - Democratic coast versus Republican interior - but often with borders a bit different from what's shown here). Similarly, the map shows Transylvania, but not Vandalia (which was meant to cover roughly the same area).

All of which goes to show that there have been so many separatism proposals in the USA that they have conflicting claims!

(I'm also curious about bits of Mexico being added. I know this has been suggested, but if that's included, they should include Canada as well, because that's also been proposed repeatedly. And Yucatan!)

I really like this - cultural geography is underexplored on here in general.

Psst- those are mostly joke maps. :p

(Bruce, who lives on the eastern border of Socal, in a Spanish-named city in the English place names uninhabitable death zone without Mexicans, and is apparently a real person but neither rich nor powerful. I can't quite eyeball if i'm supposed to be in desert or mountain and what my appropriate religious classification should be)

Status
Not open for further replies.