Map Thread XVII

Status
Not open for further replies.
Creating a Denmark wank map, what would they take of Northern Germany? Hamburg-Lauenburg-Lübeck line? Or should it include Mecklenburg, Wilhelmshaven, and Bremen?
Bremen-Verden and perhaps Swedish and Hither Pomerania should do it. Mainly you need to get Holstein with a large majority of people seeing themselves as Danish.

That's not what a dominant-party system is, a dominant-party system is when the country is completely democratic but one party keeps winning anyway.
I think you're confusing a one-party state with a dominant party system.

I'm not confusing the two, in my head i just view an official dominant party state as one where the dominant party enforces its rule and any opposition is a sham; where as I view a single party (one party) state as one where opposition is officially banned so there isn't even the pretense of other parties. Under these assumptions, FNM Canada is neither, that's why I gave it a multi-party de jure outline. Though I can see why some, like yourselves, would find it redundant, especially if you don't separate dominant party states by force from dominant party states by coincidence as I have in my head

I'm not confusing the two, in my head i just view an official dominant party state as one where the dominant party enforces its rule and any opposition is a sham; where as I view a single party (one party) state as one where opposition is officially banned so there isn't even the pretense of other parties. Under these assumptions, FNM Canada is neither, that's why I gave it a multi-party de jure outline. Though I can see why some, like yourselves, would find it redundant, especially if you don't separate dominant party states by force from dominant party states by coincidence as I have in my head
It's almost as though trying to shoehorn party systems into a colour scheme for systems of government is a futile exercise or something

Skallagrim

Banned
Amazing. Those borders must have taken forever.

So what's after the Thousand Year Summer? I'm thinking Tetsawayouna ships in Alexandria, marching straight for Babylon?

Thanks! The borders were a lot of fun to do, really, since with an early POD, you can work from ancient borders, and then make up your own organic evolutions. (This is why i asked for that topographical map a while back: I wanted to have a good overview of the geography.)

As for what's next: I'd prefer to keep that under wraps. In writing the timeline, I have a framing device whereby it's assumed that the reader already knows what happened, so it's never explained in detail. I'm even weighing the pros and cons of either ending the TL just before thing really come to a head, or actually showing a crucial series of dramatic events and then leaving the reader to question what happened afterwards. The first would be like ending a history book in 1914, with a shot ringing out in Sarajevo, and fading to black. The second would involve ending the story with World War One, and leaving the reader to question how the world will be altered (empires dismantled, an era ended, but... what now?).

Either way, I want people to be left with some major questions.

(One thing I can reveal is that the Tetsawayouna is almost certainly not what people think. Even in-universe, people can't agree on its exact nature. Is it an empire, or a religion? Are its agents the enemies of all mankind, or do their doctrines offer the only salvation in a nihilistic world?)

The above hopefully explains why the map shows several large empires, and why I predict such a high tech level. All the surrounding states have extensive backstories as well, but I'd like to keep some mystery intact.

So we can't ask what that grey-green state to the NE with the oddly regular subdivisions is? :(

Into the Firmament: Sol System, 2300
I'm headed to bed but I will answer questions in the morning.​
Shit, that is a big image!

Second triumvirate is a neat concept for sure, allows for a world that seems to be split into 4 major power block's with them grouping into just two.

Is the POD during or before the second world war?

So Mars has never really kicked terraforming into gear? Thats
disappointing.

Seems like the triumvirate are a group of assholes though.

All in all thats an
awesome map with great detail throughout the solar system. Great stuff!

Something I've been working on in fits and starts. Still have to get to the Americas: trying to figure out how to make all that North America that the Aztecs either don't control or only vaguely overlord in interesting.

Imagine the possibilities!

>there are tiny piligrim European-majority states in North America that view Ottoman Empire as the devil
>Ottoman Empire starts decaying, leading to African states colonizing Europe, spearheaded by Katholik Kongo
>Turkified Bürger clothing
>Ottomans are so scared of Neo-Pharaohnic Egypt they'd rather go to Ireland
>Lithuania rebels from Russia and reunifies Poland, but then Russia and Poland-Lithuania have to ally because the Ottomans are scary
>The Red Hats win and almost wreck Asia, but then the Gurkhas intervene and create a new Chinese dynasty by removing all red hats with kukris

Status
Not open for further replies.