Map Thread XVI

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey what if the WW1 never happened and the European powers, using their notable foresight and hive mind-like coordination, could pre-emptively conquer literally everything before they became a threat to them-

U1DQQM0.png

Disclaimer: not racist: for entertainment purpose only

China is the new pride flag

The sole exception was the General in Luxembourg, who rebelled against French orders and welcomed the German troops in with open arms in exchange for independence.
Yeah, but how are they still surviving? I highly doubt they're self-sufficient, and movement of people and resources must be difficult.

Yeah, but how are they still surviving? I highly doubt they're self-sufficient, and movement of people and resources must be difficult.

They're supported by the Germans, British, and even French to a degree as they're a testing ground for nuclear clean-up experiments, they mostly rely on German and British air-drops, but due to depopulation during the End War as a whole, means they actually have about half the population OTL Luxembourg would have at this time, about 180,000 People.

WIP ultra-paranoid juche-esque isolated fascist Greater Finland, observe.

Heck it. This is the real thing ( I won't milk any unnecessary upvotes by posting a slightly more filled map with a fancy bit of text under it, so here we go):

Following the Fall of the Soviet Union, Finland was granted rather large swathe of what was then considered frozen wasteland (and which it still is). The Finnish-German relations began to cool as large amounts of refugees were accepted/smuggled into Finland proper from Estonia and Northern Russia, Leningrad in particular, often under the guise of rescuing related ethnic groups from extermination. This massive population of effective prisoners was offered a chance to work at large-scale government projects.

Paranoid of the now-neutral Germany to the South, the capital was moved from vulnerable Helsinki to a more protected and central location, where extensive effort built a pragmatically designed city practically overnight. The largest lake systems had been connected using painstakingly-dug canals ( Great National Effort III: Green Gold, Blue Highways), facilitating the transfer of raw materials and finished products, especially wood, which was vital for the motorized faculties of the newly isolated and oil-starved country.

Massive population transfer was incentivized, then forced, deserting large stretches of the Baltic coast (most Swedish-speaking people had also been forcefully drafted and confiscated of property deemed 'unnecessary and lavish') in favour of the new growth centres inland. The occasional air raids at the Old Coast have created ghost towns, especially in the West where German bombers based in Sweden are yet another reason to suspect the Swedish minority of treason.

The wood gasifier has become iconic in its widespread adaptation in nearly all previously combustion engine-run machinery and vehicles. Wood has thus retained most of its value even after the international market for paper and timber allegedly vanished. Hydroelectric and biocombustion plants are practically the sole means of power production.

Further North, the mass Sami immigration ( Great National Effort VII: the Great Call Home/ Strength in Kinship (Kuosmanen 1951/Lindén 1951) has seen the ancient way of nomad life once more spread across the tundra as the tribes strive to coordinate themselves in a vastly smaller area than before. On the positive side, reindeer meat is now widely available in the South.

The mines of Kola and Kiruna supply ample metals and fertilizers for the still-industrializing nation. Metallurgy and mining employ most of the non-Sami Northern population, side sources of income being fishing and small-scale agriculture and forestry.

In the South new farmland is being cleared wherever possible using new state-leased motorized farming equipment, even though the horse is still king in rougher terrain, remote locations and smaller pieces of land.

Family quotas (incentives, officially, but the only way to live above the poverty line) are proving effective in spreading civilization into the previously 'underutilized wilderness of our forefathers'. Conservatism doesn't stop at family values- the very national ethos is to be productive and rather more collectivist than OTL Finns.

Large reserves of minerals, practically unlimited renewable fuel resources and heavy government directions have all contributed to creating a somewhat stable closed economy. I do not advocate for genocide or racism.

Last edited:
SonsOfLiberty.png

A map of the United States in 2032, immediately following the Declaration Against the State by Libertarian insurgents known as "The Sons of Liberty"
Scattered regions of New England are under the sway of these rebels, and the United States Government is expected to put down the revolt soon.

Heck it. This is the real thing ( I won't milk any unnecessary upvotes by posting a slightly more filled map with a fancy bit of text under it, so here we go):

Following the Fall of the Soviet Union, Finland was granted rather large swathe of what was then considered frozen wasteland (and which it still is). The Finnish-German relations began to cool as large amounts of refugees were accepted/smuggled into Finland proper from Estonia and Northern Russia, Leningrad in particular, often under the guise of rescuing related ethnic groups from extermination. This massive population of effective prisoners was offered a chance to work at large-scale government projects.

Large reserves of minerals, practically unlimited renewable fuel resources and heavy government directions have all contributed to creating a somewhat stable closed economy. I do not advocate for genocide or racism.

Isolated, self-sufficient militarised states never get old :biggrin:.

Skallagrim

Banned
Why is New England home to a Libertarian insurgence? Or is this a different form of Libertarianism from the current day?

Interestingly, New Hampshire is currently considered the "most free state" in the USA by many libertarian types, and is home to the so-called Free State Project. (I gather that the idea is that several thousand libertarians pledge to move to NH, and once a certain number of pledges is reached, they all do it. The goals appears to be to then influence state politics through their numbers, turning NH into the most libertarian area possible within the USA. Regardless of both ideology and feasibility, I think it's a creative and pleasantly nonviolent strategy.)

Hey what if the WW1 never happened and the European powers, using their notable foresight and hive mind-like coordination, could pre-emptively conquer literally everything before they became a threat to them-

U1DQQM0.png

Disclaimer: not racist: for entertainment purpose only
Could you try a sequel or extension, showing the Americas squashing together so they don't get invaded? And I can't help but feel the Japanese would be affronted that Jabal Shammar and Tannu Tuva called for more attention than their three Home Islands.

Why is New England home to a Libertarian insurgence? Or is this a different form of Libertarianism from the current day?

With a POD of a 2015 financial crisis, the American economy is in shambles. This only serves to heighten the tensions of the upcoming election. Gary Johnson made a suprising strong showing in New England, with many of the people becoming disillusioned with the candidates. When the election hit, Gary Johnson took a substantial part of the vote from Democratic Candidate Hillary Clinton. Although losing Florida and Virginia, President Elect Donald Trump narrowly wins the election. Shouts for a recount grow loud in the face of such narrow results by such polarizing candidates. Tensions flare up to street brawls in several cities. Downtown New York, hosting a solidarity protest, becomes chaos as an altercation starts between various political party members. This escalates to actual violence when a gunman shoots at the President-Elect, but only manages to graze him. A libertarian rally in Boston on the same day devolves into looting and chaos when police arrived to break up the protest (a state of emergency was declared.) After weeks of these events, an insurgent Libertarian party was formed in the United States named The Sons of Liberty. Quite a few years after these events, and much more chaos and riots later, this is the result.

(Probably ASB but I just made this map on a whim as an idea for a collaborative TL I am developing)

Jcw3

Banned
Cih3xmA.png

A preview of my next map, tentatively titled 'The Votans and the Race'. POD technically prehistoric, but for Earth politics, it's 1942, and the current year is 1977.

Here's an alt Trotskyist-lite USSR (I say "-lite" because the man himself was way too disliked to be allowed to govern for too long before having an "accident", but the followers of his line of thought won the subsequent power struggle), about 10 years after its trumph over the Austro-German-Ottoman imperialists & Japanese feudalists in the Second Great War.

T-USSR.png

Deleted member 97083

Here's an alt Trotskyist-lite USSR (I say "-lite" because the man himself was way too disliked to be allowed to govern for too long before having an "accident", but the followers of his line of thought won the subsequent power struggle), about 10 years after its trumph over the Austro-German-Ottoman imperialists & Japanese feudalists in the Second Great War.
The hammer, sickle, and the number 4?

Status
Not open for further replies.