Map Thread XVI

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, Oromia has always been weird; it has something like 30-40% of the population and cuts the country straight in half.

That's the sort of annoying stuff that happens when you do the Volkswanderung thing but don't maintain any political unity.

Skallagrim

Banned
Now if only the HRE had gone that way.

The HRE was a very nice thing. It's close to my heart. So I'd rather say: if only the Reformation had not happened (or had happened in a non-divisive way, actually reforming the Church itself). Those wars of religion left scars that never fully healed, and then Napoleon eventually pulled the plug... A sad affair.

Ruina Imperii Afro-Eurasia.png

Map of "Ruina Imperii" featuring Afro-Eurasia and Australia. Questions are very much appreciated.

My impression was that the Amhara (before their 19th century expansion) were more wandered on than wandering onto.

There does appear to be some debate over the extent to which the Amhara was a group to which supporters of the Ethiopian Emperors assimilated to from the other groups in the area, rather than necessarily being a distinct group in their own right.

View attachment 343733

I'm nearly done with this map...

I mentioned in the comments of RvBOmally's Battlefield 2142 map that I'd probably do a cover of the pre-War Battlefield 2 world.

I've obviously decided to take some liberties here and there as the game doesn't seem to give much of a background to the 'War of 2007'. The way I see it is that the Cold War probably ends differently, while the Middle East takes a different turn with Iraq and Syria reconciling with the Saudis and form the basis of the MEC in the late 90's or early 2000's. The EU grows to be more politically and militarily centralised much earlier than OTL - albeit without becoming Nigel Farage's worst nightmare. :p

I don't think the War on Terror* as we know it happens ITTL. Instead the Chinese and the MEC (at this point it's a Saudi-Iraqi led EU-lite + military alliance to keep those filthy Western kaffirs out :p) team up to keep the US (and probably Russia, as Moscow probably avoided the Yeltsin era, retained some Soviet territory and is more Western friendly) out of their respective spheres of influence. The Chinese are taking advantage of their status as Superpower II: Electric Boogaloo to reign in any possible US allies (read, Vietnam and the Philippines).
Been far to long since we had a map with the Rogue States category. I don't see Iraq or Venezuela placed there though... guess it hasn't quite reached the level of Axis of Evil?

How is Luxembourg surviving being completely surrounded by wasteland?

the last remnants of the Entente in Europe. As the German war machine marched through French defenses, France begun a policy of atomic scorched Earth. While having failed to develop the advanced Nuclear bombs the Germans did, they nonetheless had primitive nuclear dirty bombs which they released along the entirety of the front. The sole exception was the General in Luxembourg, who rebelled against French orders and welcomed the German troops in with open arms in exchange for independence.

What's the POD? Who fought in the nuclear war? Why is China disunited if it didn't participate in the nuclear war?

POD is the Early death of George III, in the 1790's after never recovering from his first insanity thing.

On the side of the French Entente was:
-The First French Republic (First French Empire from 1932 onwards),
-The Polish State
-The Spanish Republic (Until 1950)
-Canadian Republic
-Swedish Kingdom (From 1932 to 1947)
-Irish Republic (From 1950)

On the side of the Imperial Alliance:
-Great Germanic Empire
-Russian Empire (Until 1946)
-British Empire (From 1932)

China fractured after the fall of the Qing, who was beat up rather badly by the Imperial powers. China has been in a 3-way civil war, and thusly a 3 way stalemate, unable to really participate in the End War.

Status
Not open for further replies.