Map Thread XVI

Status
Not open for further replies.
And it shows. Excellent job.

(V-S day: that's the one where the last stages of WWII were fought with rockets rather than nukes, right?)

It's the one where the nazis decide to build silbervogel instead of V-2, and the Americans build a spaceship (with the help of Goddard) to stop it.

Last edited:
Okay so my very first alternate history map i made as a doodle in my 8th grade history class on an extra copy of a map depicting the Louisiana territory and Louis and Clark's journey. I remade it a few years ago in its simplicity
1st alter map-remake.png

I decided to do a realistic attempt and version of it and develop the south into this Confederated States of America
1st alter map 2.0.png
1st alter map 2.1.png
The Federated States.png

Every time I see someone whine about Ameriwanks, I want to write another Ameriwank.
Oh please please please write another one.
I also probably want a timeline where instead of GEACPS, there is instead GECPS (Greater Eurasia Co-Prosperity Sphere), a japanese wank.

Okay so my very first alternate history map i made as a doodle in my 8th grade history class on an extra copy of a map depicting the Louisiana territory and Louis and Clark's journey. I remade it a few years ago in its simplicity
View attachment 341380
I decided to do a realistic attempt and version of it and develop the south into this Confederated States of America
View attachment 341381 View attachment 341382 View attachment 341383

Any backstory to this? Like how was this CSA form?

How did it get Oregon?

The USA, Mexico, and California

Because evolution is a contingent historical process, not a set of railroad tracks?
I was thinking multiverse and how far you would have to go to exit the range of human evolution.
Even if it was not human, I am sure you would have to travel an infinite number of world to get to a pure virgin one

I was thinking multiverse and how far you would have to go to exit the range of human evolution.
Even if it was not human, I am sure you would have to travel an infinite number of world to get to a pure virgin one
Not really, humanity's evolutionary lineage nearly went extinct a number of times. Or existence on the edge is what drove our increasing intellect.

Interesting, I like alternate US political arrangements. Do tell about Nobrara, or is it too time-consuming to tell outside of the writeup?

A quibble: those free black states seem rather large.

Unless the US as a whole is also quite authoritarian, I imagine genuinely oppressive warlord states don't last to 2017. If the locals don't outright revolt, they'll vote with their feet. (And once the US has recovered, as sure as hell they won't tolerate closing the borders to keep people in).

Thanks.

Niobrara is a Hutt River/Molossia type micronation that was proclaimed by an ambitious local administrator in Niobrara County (population 4,000) during The Chaos, that managed to slip through the net during initial negotiations. It then spent a few decades behaving like most micronations do, before taking the US to court in the 70's, over the fact that they never gave up their sovereignty like the other small-time regimes, a case that they won.

In other words, I wanted an internationally recognised micronation, and this was the best way I could think of to get that.

You're quite right about the warlord states; there used to be a lot more Autonomous States, but those regimes that failed to democratise and hand power back to the people were dissolved and re-incorporated in the 60's. The ones that are left are all democratic (more or less), that are either way to small to be admitted as states, but that want to maintain their territorial integrity, or that could become a state, but that prefer the benefits of remaining autonomous.

All the SAR's (barring Montana) have fully democratised, even it they have taken it in different directions.

Not really, humanity's evolutionary lineage nearly went extinct a number of times. Or existence on the edge is what drove our increasing intellect.
That's why I said pure virgin, if humanity or other intelligence had become extinct there would be traces

Now there's an idea ISOT to a world that had a higher tech level but is now empty.

Any backstory to this? Like how was this CSA form?

How did it get Oregon?

The USA, Mexico, and California
I believe I had the csa form during a small civil war under the AoC so the south sought sovereignty and the North ended up not really wishing to pursue a war with the south. Texas formed similar to top with American settlers coming in. California saw an larger that otl settlement so was able to have a more realistic bid at independence
Purty! I assume the "Confederate corridor" was a matter of peaceful negotiation as OTL's Oregon Country deal?
Thank you and yes it was part of the negotitation with the CSA getting the small corridor to the Pacific

Status
Not open for further replies.