Map Thread XV

Status
Not open for further replies.
WE5g6Yi.png

This one is an attempt to move my work to a more "High Concept" standpoint, and heavily inspired by RvBOMally-style dystopia.

PoD is Mikhail Gorbachev getting hit by a rock and becoming far more moderate in his reforms.
Cool!
I've seen the font more often lately, how is it called?

Because it's compact so you can fit more text in?

It's so compact that most normal people literally cannot read it without eye strain. Personally, i won't even try to read such text.

It does in fact fail to meet legal health & safety standards for readable text. Most official standards specify "comfortable", but food labelling requires at least 8 point size - almost twice the 5 point size of that font.

https://www.food.gov.uk/sites/default/files/multimedia/pdfs/clearfoodlabelling.pdf

Haha I´ve never heard of Potato Germans tbh XD I updated my sheet, but I havn´t forgotten the North Schleswig Germans on the sheet.

But I have to say, there are hundreds of such micro groups and I can´t mention them all. For example there was a colony on the eastern
coast of Spain with several families, but it was also rather tiny and disappeared after some time. But thanks for the help!

I was digging around in my old file folders and I found this ASB map involving the Roman Empire getting ISOTed to the modern day (more accurately, 2015.)

213gn78.png

I think the map was set about a month after the ISOT. As I recall, the Czech Republic moved into Austria and ended up assimilating what was left of it, and Hungary did the same with Slovakia and what was left of the Balkan nations, as well as the cut-off western part of Romania. The eastern bit of Romania and Moldova joined together in fear of being taken over. After the Romans carved themselves a path to the Caspian, the Russians convinced the rest of the nations in the Caucasus to join with them for protection (those that didn't join were taken over for the purposes of "ensuring a more easily defensible border" with the Romans). Russia outright annexed what it had taken from Ukraine so far, in addition to a little bit more, and it also assimilated Belarus and Lithuania. (I think I was just sick of having Kaliningrad cut off, and I knew there was no way the Polish or Lithuanians were going to be able to take it, so into the Baltics with Russia!) I think that the only reason that the Romans hadn't already been taken over by the much more technologically-advanced surrounding nations was because of a lot of diplomacy, but I didn't write anything down for this and I made it more than a year ago.

I was digging around in my old file folders and I found this ASB map involving the Roman Empire getting ISOTed to the modern day (more accurately, 2015.)

213gn78.png

I think the map was set about a month after the ISOT. As I recall, the Czech Republic moved into Austria and ended up assimilating what was left of it, and Hungary did the same with Slovakia and what was left of the Balkan nations, as well as the cut-off western part of Romania. The eastern bit of Romania and Moldova joined together in fear of being taken over. After the Romans carved themselves a path to the Caspian, the Russians convinced the rest of the nations in the Caucasus to join with them for protection (those that didn't join were taken over for the purposes of "ensuring a more easily defensible border" with the Romans). Russia outright annexed what it had taken from Ukraine so far, in addition to a little bit more, and it also assimilated Belarus and Lithuania. (I think I was just sick of having Kaliningrad cut off, and I knew there was no way the Polish or Lithuanians were going to be able to take it, so into the Baltics with Russia!) I think that the only reason that the Romans hadn't already been taken over by the much more technologically-advanced surrounding nations was because of a lot of diplomacy, but I didn't write anything down for this and I made it more than a year ago.

Why not take the whole Baltics while you're at it? Also, there's really no way to prevent the Roman empire from being dismantled. The Arab and Iranians will want blood, for sure.

Why not take the whole Baltics while you're at it? Also, there's really no way to prevent the Roman empire from being dismantled. The Arab and Iranians will want blood, for sure.

Would the Western powers not like the Roman Empire (and Roman pagans) running around a bit more than Islamists fighting over the Middle East once again? So why would the USA, for example, allow Saudi-Arabia and Iran to fight over territories that could be peacefully in the hands of the Roman Empire. Even if this is an absolute monarchy/dictatorship, but still... The US, after all, rarely has problems with supporting and propping up dictatorships - and I don't even believe the Roman Empire (except, maybe, under Gaius Iulius Caesar, Caligula and/or Nero - this depends on ISOT time) is as bad as Efraim Rios Montt, José Napoleon Duarte or Ngo Dinh Diem were.

But even if Roman Emperors were as bad, there would be quite a lot of Roman supporters, I would expect. If only because of "Yeah! Ancient Rome is back! Ceterum censeo Romam protectam esse!"-sentiments - and a possibility for a peaceful Middle East if you tech up the Roman Army and protect the Roman Empire with nukes...

If only because of "Yeah! Ancient Rome is back! Ceterum censeo Romam protectam esse!"-sentiments - and a possibility for a peaceful Middle East if you tech up the Roman Army and protect the Roman Empire with nukes...
I really hope that people aren't that fucked up and that the prevailing sentiment will be "Damn. Hundred of millions of people have vanished and everything we believed to be true has to be questioned."

... and peace in the Middle East ... yeah ... those people who we wish would live in peace have just gone ...

Tbh I see Rome nearly immediately getting carved up. Among other things Russia basically can overrun Europe as fast as their soldiers, and England is gonna panic at losing vital territory.

Basically, rome is DOA.

Status
Not open for further replies.