Map Thread XV

Status
Not open for further replies.
Many would aspire to such noobness. Fine work.
Wait - YOU want a tutorial? I would have thought instructor certification would be more appropriate...

Thanks for the nice comments XD Well I need rather long for the map, there are surely many shortcuts and things I can do better^^
I´ll use it more now, vectors rock!

My first map created with Adobe Illustrator (and a little bit Photoshop for the final touch^^).
I tried to open the high res image and my computer just froze up, so I looked at the size and OMG 12000 px! Are you serious? That's large!

And by the way why did you decide to switch to AI instead of Inkscape?

Following it's declared independence in 1776 and its official independence at the Treaty of Paris in 1783, the United States of America was given land as far west as the Mississippi River. There were some calls for the nation to expand even further west, but they were mostly ignored since most of the country was content with what they already had. Since then, the USA became a small but prosperous republic in the Americas. For the most part, they are neutral in most world affairs, though they did support the Seminole Tribe when they revolted against the Spanish in the 1850's, and given access to the Gulf of Mexico has a reward for helping them out.

The British seized French Louisiana in mid 1803 during the Napoleonic Wars and kept it even after the wars conclusion. It became apart of the Dominion of Canada in the late 1880's. Britain did try to buy Russian Alaska in the 1867 but the Russians refused.

No Manifest Destiny.png

Following it's declared independence in 1776 and its official independence at the Treaty of Paris in 1783, the United States of America was given land as far west as the Mississippi River. There were some calls for the nation to expand even further west, but they were mostly ignored since most of the country was content with what they already had. Since then, the USA became a small but prosperous republic in the Americas. For the most part, they are neutral in most world affairs, though they did support the Seminole Tribe when they revolted against the Spanish in the 1850's, and given access to the Gulf of Mexico has a reward for helping them out.

The British seized French Louisiana in mid 1803 during the Napoleonic Wars and kept it even after the wars conclusion. It became apart of the Dominion of Canada in the late 1880's. Britain did try to buy Russian Alaska in the 1867 but the Russians refused.

View attachment 321150
Very cool, though, I'm not sure that Americans are ever really satisfied with anything. Our culture is kind of a "either you give it to us or we take it from you, regardless, it's ours" thing.
EDIT: Though I suppose the bulk of that culture may have developed post-manifest destiny, but I don't think so. Since the 7 Years War we've been demanding more and more land.

Last edited:
Very cool, though, I'm not sure that Americans are ever really satisfied with anything. Our culture is kind of a "either you give it to us or we take it from you, regardless, it's ours" thing.
EDIT: Though I suppose the bulk of that culture may have developed post-manifest destiny, but I don't think so. Since the 7 Years War we've been demanding more and more land.
It has more to do with being a settler nation. Other settler nations, like Australia, South Africa and Canada, have done the same thing.

I was thinking that in this world, the Americans wanted the land west of the Appalachians, and then nothing further.

I was thinking that in this world, the Americans wanted the land west of the Appalachians, and then nothing further.
Also, the split of Spanish West Florida to give access to the sea for the states further inland is something that is unlikely to be completely duplicated. (And I have issues with support of a tribe against a European power, but that's almost secondary.

I mean, OTL, until around the Civil War, there was a feeling that America was going to take any land it could get, so you would need to change that aspect.

View attachment 321150
What is going on with Mississippi?

MBAM German Confederation 1815

German_Confederation.png

The moment when you notice that you spent half of the creation time on Thuringia

(Main focus: German confederation, other nations might have wrong borders)

MBAM German Confederation 1815

German_Confederation.png

The moment when you notice that you spent half of the creation time on Thuringia

(Main focus: German confederation, other nations might have wrong borders)
Gave the Croats and Hungarians Dalmatia, or just not focused on those areas outside of Germany? Come to think of it, the Military Frontiers might have still been around... Also, this seems to be a bit of a Poland wank, even if it is similar or exactly like IOTL.

Gave the Croats and Hungarians Dalmatia, or just not focused on those areas outside of Germany? Come to think of it, the Military Frontiers might have still been around... Also, this seems to be a bit of a Poland wank, even if it is similar or exactly like IOTL.
It's an OTL map of 1815 for the German Confederation, but not for the Austrian Empire, thus there might be some errors in it

Also, that's congress Poland, not a Poland wank

We should add Tanger and Krakau color in TOASTER To end these horrific jokes :openedeyewink:
Or make the League of Nations light blue as the color for all truly international settlements, territories, etc. Plus for the UN. Might be that they already do that but that since there are so few historical examples they seldom show up on a map. Unless of course that wild German (well, some Germans) suggestion of making all of Africa a League Mandate after WWI was followed through.

Status
Not open for further replies.