Map Thread XV

Status
Not open for further replies.
IMG_7293.PNG

Mostly finished WIP. Just need to cleanup/make minor changes to some stuff, finish India and write a description.

Might take a few hours - might take a few days.

Love the map, but my only question is how did Indonesia end up with Guam and the North Mariana Islands?
Micro states and overseas territories (like Guam and the North Marina Islands) are not ranked in the index I based the ISOT on (see the Wikipedia link in my last post) and were not brought along with in the original ISOT.

My justification for why they ended up Indonesian instead of American once more is a bit flimsier, and might end up as one of the small changes I mentioned need to take place. So after the ISOT the Americans say screw grabbing all these pacific islands that will be territories forever. Let's focus on Siberia.

Canada gets very little... only that dark dictatorship that is Greenland.
Overseas territory. Our neighbors aren't autocratic enough to get left behind. Yet :/
France expanding into the Caribbean? Washington, we have a problem.
No problem. They may have nukes, but they kept them on the other side of the Atlantic. Not as friendly now as they once were, but Peurto Rico was left behind so France was closest.

If someone were to post an ISOT in this format, other posters and cartographers might try a +100 years scenario?

I'll try to draw up a map of all the places with 'New' in their name. It will be difficult for me to do foreign languages, or decide how... erm... granular to get, so help would be appreciated. I'll try and find an old WIP for tomorrow.

View attachment 334368
Mostly finished WIP. Just need to cleanup/make minor changes to some stuff, finish India and write a description.

Might take a few hours - might take a few days.

France going back into Algeria, even if it's uninhabited, feels very, very wrong. Maybe it would be more prudent to give Tunisia free reign over the former Morocco and Algeria... and maybe the rest of the former Arab world as well, since they are its sole representative.

On a separate note, I imagine Taiwan is less than thrilled about having to share mainland China with so many other foreign powers. Also, did Israel bring the Palestinian territories with it?

Welp, that's all the Milwaukee's lines and divisions done for the map. Thicker lines are main lines, white stripes denote double track, and dotted indicates trackage/haulage rights. Joint ownership is shown but not differentiated from full ownership. Divisions from west to east are Coast (dispatching center: Seattle, Main classification yard: Cle Elum) Mountain: (DC: Miles City, Yard: Harlowton) Dakota (Aberdeen) Upper Mississippi (St. Paul) Iowa (DC: Cedar Rapids, Yard: TBD) Wisconsin (DC: Milwaukee, Yard: Bensenville) and Indiana (Terre Haute)

Now to do the background, and the key, and then change it to show it's mergers with the Chicago North Western, Rock Island, and whoever else, figure out how to show the electrified lines, and then adjust everything else accordingly.

*cries*

Also, I'm a little surprised I managed to upload a map this big. If anyone wants the basemap I can post it.

image10.png

France going back into Algeria, even if it's uninhabited, feels very, very wrong.

Why's that? France is home to a large number of people from Algeria and their descendants (Pied-Noirs and Jews from the 1960s, and Arabs more recently).

If any country is going to retake Algeria, it makes sense for France to do so given the cultural ties.

Status
Not open for further replies.