Map Thread XV

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lol, Islamic Tibetan empire wank.

Now I'm kind of curious about just how weird you could met an Islamic Tibet? Colonial Islamic Tibet? Islamic Tibet conquers China? Islamic Tibet takes Mecca and Medina?

All three?
Islamic Tibet invades China, takes over, and balkanizes China to be the overlord of China. :p

a_successful_seventh_crusade_by_xotaed-dbdsvo2.png

This is my first attempt at this, so any feedback is greatly appreciated.

http://xotaed.deviantart.com/ <- Here's my DeviantArt

Last edited:
Considering there have been 15 other map threads before this, in which there have been nearly the same scenarios reposted with minute details changed; and that most of the posts are text replies in this chat it's quite a significant number.
Please no more... please...
I have a thirst for original content not rehashing of scenarios. Perhaps a Paraguay wank for once?
I have future plans for a scenario of a Papuan superpower vs western Chinese superpower. The two were picked by spinning a globe and placing my finger on it.

Map of the districts (Bezirke) of the GDR.

After losing in WWII, Germany could keep everything of its 1937-mainland, because it allied with Poland and did no massacres on Poles. (But Poland lost most of Kresy anyway - but not as much as in OTL)
The western borders of the Soviet occupation zone differs a bit: Thuringia went to the US-American zone (and thus to West Germany), while eastern Holstein and Lübeck went to the Soviet one. (East Prussia became a (mainly) German-speaking SSR of the Soviet Union)

20170624  DDR beschr. (Jul. 2016-TL).png

Might I ask how, precisely, Hatsunia became a single state? The only areas they anywhere near each other is in the cold north, and I don't see generations of Hatsunians focussing on ferrying people back and forth in the south to keep one culture, ethnicity, and language going.
I'm not the author of the TL, but my guess was that the Western Island was populated by a people similar to OTLs Japanese, while the Eastern Island was populated by a Melanesian culture, and eventually the Western Island was able to acquire more technology from China and the West than the Eastern Island, and some time in the distant past there was a mad rush to colonize the Eastern Island, meaning that while it would mean that once Hatsunia ultimately unified on the Western Island, the entirety of the Eastern Island would come under control of said Western Islander leader too. It probably means that there are significant regional linguistic and genetic differences between the islands.

That's just my two cents though, and the author is free to absolutely retcon what I said.

Imperium of Poland 1450

iREo7vv.png

The Polish Empire stands as a Christian Bastion agaisnt the threats that the east has to offer. With the Crowning of Emperor Casimir (Kazimierz) II [1] the Piast dynasty continues to take on the role as defenders of the eastern lands. The Empire itself is composed of the main core under direct rulership of the Polish Emperor alongside the "client" Kingdoms of Lithuania and Hungary [2]. In combination the Polish Empire also has considerable power of several states that do not comprise within the imperial borders which would include the Kingdom of Danmark, Duchy of Wallachia and the island of Gotland. The lesser two being noted a vassals, with Wallachia acting as a border between the Egyptian controlled Macedonia and Greece [3] and Gotland as a strategic hold over the Baltic Sea. Danmark's subjugation comes following the Polish-Danish War of Restoration, 1388-1391 where Poland was able to install a young King Erik IV of the Piast Dynasty to the throne, ever since the Danish Kingdom has been effectivly under control by the Polish Imperium.

Lastly the so-called Hellenic Kingdom [4] Crusader state is a remenent of the Polish involvement in the Hellenic Crusade 1201-1215, where the Pope called a Crusade to remove the Egyptian's from the Greek penisular. The war saw the Polish Hero-King Sambor I [5] face take control of the former Egyptian controlled Greece, and giving the region to his brother Tomasz. Since the Hellenic Crusade the Hellenic Kingdom has fallen on hard times, loosing it's southern duchies to a counter invasion by the Egyptians in the late 1200's who is keen to take back control of it's former territories. The lastest years still haven't been kind to the smaller Kingdom, with the Polish Empire distracted by Germanic and Russian issues at it's borders it has allowed the Hellenic Kingdom to become further prey to Croatian attacks to the North and further Egyptian encroachment.

=======​
[1] Casimir II according the the Imperial numbering of rulers however King Casimir V of Poland by normal standards of numbering rulers.
[2] The Emperor holds the titles of King of Hungary/Lithuania however the regions are ruled by their respective Arch-Duke's
[3]As this map is based somewhat on my recent CKII game I thought it would be best to add some in-game events that took place. One of which being the super sized Fatimid Egypt that took control of Byzantine Greece.
[4] This occured loosly in the game itself. Though for the purpose of this map I extended the lifespan of the "Hellenic Kingdom" who in game was taken from Poland only a few decades later by the Fatimid Empire of Doom!
[5] Probably my favourate King of the Game
=== Notes ===

As mentioned above this is based from my recent CKII campaign stating of as Bolesaw II 'the Bold' of Poland. So Obviously this is not meant to be a super serious map and was done quite quickly to celebrate the completion of the campaign.​

Version 1.0 of a little project for ToixStory, a patch for a multi-state China, in two versions: one blank and one with my own whimsical color choices.

FragChina2.png

Last edited:
As mentioned above this is based from my recent CKII campaign stating of as Bolesaw II 'the Bold' of Poland. So Obviously this is not meant to be a super serious map and was done quite quickly to celebrate the completion of the campaign.

A good ol' Poland-wank soothes Germany-wank-incensed tempers. :)

So me and a friend went through Map Thread XV, and we made a tally of how many "germany wank" maps there were.
Some were more wanky than others...

that's 67 too many...

Edit:
There were nearly as many america wanks which we defined as "if either mexico, or canada are annexed by USA. Or both"
You actually went through from page 1 and counted every single one?

Also, make sure you keep your apprentice in line, first map and they're already better than me... If they continue at this pace, every other cartographer will be out of a job

Edit: Also, from now on I'm call you two Darth Zalezskus and Darth Deatox

Edit 2: Approximately the awesomeness from the entrance of Deatox
giphy-downsized-large.gif

Last edited:
A good ol' Poland-wank soothes Germany-wank-incensed tempers. :)

Indeed! There needs to be more non-communist Poland love!

It could have been even more of a Poland-wank if I really wanted to in the game, instead I tried a more "RP" approach by taking my time and thinking how the King (or Queen) would have acted. Thus I had times were I was self-destructing the Kingdom when I got a moronic King. Either way I really enjoyed how it turned out with all the in-game events and stories.

So me and a friend went through Map Thread XV, and we made a tally of how many "germany wank" maps there were.
Some were more wanky than others...

that's 67 too many...

Edit:
There were nearly as many america wanks which we defined as "if either mexico, or canada are annexed by USA. Or both"

Did you count the America-wanks where they 'only' annex Baja California, Yucatán or Cuba? Because I think that number would be at least in the high 100s.

Status
Not open for further replies.