Map Thread XV

Status
Not open for further replies.

CannedTech

Banned
Well on the upside, they'll be putting the red in redneck very soon...

OH I'M FEELIN IT HERE. If this is gonna be a TL I'll be there.

It's time to get one the "horrifically ancient POD leads to unrecognizable world" bandwagon!
Inspired by this.

>interdimensional SCP-type shenanigans
>ancient aliens
>pre-standard-historic civilizations
>magic

Hitting the right buttons all over this joint.

OH I'M FEELIN IT HERE. If this is gonna be a TL I'll be there.
It will be, and I'll be sure to post about it here (since I'll have more maps). :) I mean, the logo should give you an idea of where it's headed...

r0fPBzD.png

;)

Louis XV died of a heart attack in 1770, Choiseul backed Spain during the Falkland Crisis and went to war against Britain that ended inconclusively after three long years. Britain did a lot worse during the war then was expected, losing Gibraltar and a few other minor colonies and trade privileges to the victorious France and Spain, but more importantly it highlighted several flaws facing the British Empire. Chief amongst these issues was the status of the American colonies. It wasn't long until Lord North's government collapsed from the fallout of the conflict which lead to Pitt the Elder to become Prime Minister again. Although Pitt was initially in favor of the war he still cleverly blamed his predecessor for the outcome, Pitt then reformed the British Empire by giving the American Congress autonomy and several seats in parliament.

Presently the world is dealing with the aftermath of a world war called the Terrabellum in the 1870's which pitted North America and Western Europe against the Russian Empire and Platinea over the Tepelena Sultanate and Eastern Europe. The Russians under the Gannibal Dynasty have emerged victorious and achieved their longtime ambition of restoring the Byzantine Empire under a Romanov monarch as well as total domination in the Rumelian peninsula (Balkans). There were large protests of the war in Britain due to the feeling that they were dragged into it by the Americans who had been usurping their power in the empire for decades. This eventually resulted in the election of an anarchist group who withdrew the nation from the war and secede from the empire.

Meanwhile, in Russia, Tsar Iakov Gannibal, a decendant of Abram Gannibal, who lead Russia for twenty years after he rose to dictatorial power in Russia's then crumbling democracy. Then to victory in the Terrabellum, passed away in his sleep. The Soviet of Electors have chosen his youngest son Joseph Gannibal to succeed him as next Tsar. Unfortunately, rumors say that Joseph is every bit as ambitious as his father was and intends to bring Russia to even greater heights.

Edit: China was not up to date as the Fu Dynasty ended when it's second, and last, monarch voluntarily abdicated due to losing a war with Russia and requested that an elected President take his place instead of continuing the dynastic cycle.

Edit: Forgot to erase the Piratini Republic as it was annexed by Paltinea at this time. Also made changes to Peru.

Falkland Crisis post war.png

Last edited:

Isaac Beach

Banned
The Two Americas

Here is a teaser for the new version of my first TL, Heart of Dixie. It is of a continent deeply divided against itself, as much in 1900 as it was in 1860. Much has changed over the past decades in the latter half of the 19th century that has caused the two nations, once a loose whole, to become as different as any other two countries. In the north is the United States, a mighty beast of industrialization and capitalism that spans the continent as a colossus. It is a land of great inequalities and contrasts, from the farmers and workers rising up from impoverishment in populism and leftism to the rich industrial capitalists, bankers, stockbrokers, and other purveyors of wealth who seek to make America the greatest workshop the world has ever seen. It is a place where one can get lost in the West forever, in plains and mountains larger than all of India, or lose one's self in cities no larger than some farmers' ranches, whose seemingly-endless blocks grow in every direction. It is a land like no other, and the envy of the entire western world.

To the south is the Confederate States, an altogether different animal who lumbers along, sick and weak, into the 20th century. As much as the United States is a land of contrasts, the Confederate States is even moreso. Rich industrialists and slavers (in some states in all but name as even without slavery the rich white men are always favored and provided a way to rule over their black workers) are far separated from the masses of teeming poor white farmers, laborers, and factory workers who stand only a little above the slaves or former slaves who toil endlessly in a system designed specifically to oppress and subjugate them in the most inhumane and evil way that could possibly be conceived by man. Yet it is not an enduring system, and by 1900 that becomes ever more clear, as agitation among the poor black and poor white communities only continues to grow (helped along by a sympathetic United States). The works of Marx, Engels, and Clemens--known for a certain tract known as "Heart of Dixie"--spread like wildfire through the lower classes of the Confederacy, and only time will tell what will be birthed from this seed.

It is a world both similar to and vastly different from our own, of the many millions of peoples who inhabit it and their contributions to the world. It is a world of destinies and fortunes, spread across so vast and great a land as has never been known before. It is the world of Heart of Dixie, and it is a world coming this summer, 2017.

Kxxw4HX.jpg

That is a stunning map! I am blown away by its detail. Gah, it's so pretty and slick, though I'm surprised to see the Confederacy held onto so much. In any event, looking forward to the TL; does it cover the cotton crash of the 1890s?

That is a stunning map! I am blown away by its detail. Gah, it's so pretty and slick, though I'm surprised to see the Confederacy held onto so much. In any event, looking forward to the TL; does it cover the cotton crash of the 1890s?
Thank you very much, I'm glad you enjoy! I tried to make this the maximum size a relatively realistic CSA could be. Also West Virginia and the cotton crash are all related to my other post:
Well on the upside, they'll be putting the red in redneck very soon...
hith-blair-after-the-battle-2.jpg
;)

As an experiment I compared all the primary votes for the 2016 presidential election:

5way.png

Hillary Clinton (New Democratic Party) 281 EV
Bernie Sanders (American Revolution Party) 84 EV
Donald Trump (Make America Great Again Party) 80 EV

Ted Cruz (American Victory Party) 75 EV
John Kasich (Independent) 18 EV

Following the spectacular collapse of the sixth party system, more than two dozen presidential parties and candidates ran for the office of President in 2016. Of those, five candidates achieved electoral votes. The vote was widely expected to end with no candidates reaching the required majority, but in a stunning upset Hillary Clinton won 281 electoral votes, taking advantage of her name recognition and the divisions among her opposition. In a distant second place was left-wing populist Bernie Sanders, who campaigned on a platform of wealth distribution.
Real estate mogul Donald Trump proved to be something of a dark horse candidate, receiving more support than most commentators thought possible. Following the election, he disputed the results, which he accused US intelligence agencies of forging. To make his message heard, he purchased right-wing news outlet Breitbart, re-branding it The Trump Network, which would eventually become a popular social media website. The Trump Network would eventually be shut down for funding white nationalist terror groups.
Ted Cruz, who attracted a plurality if not the majority of evangelical voters, was a favorite to win in the months leading up to the election
. It was expected that the election would be decided by the House of Representatives, most of whom were former Republicans, and Cruz was therefore widely expected to win the presidency.
John Kasich briefly declared Ohio independent from the United States; this was followed by widespread protests both inside and outside the state and led to his arrest and treason trial. He was acquitted on the grounds of being completely nonthreatening.

Other candidates included Scott Walker of the Reform and Growth party, Rick Santorum of the American Dream Party, Marco Rubio of the New America party, Rick Perry of the States' Rights party, Rand Paul of the Freedom Party, George Pataki of the American People Party, Mike Huckabee of the Hope Party, Carly Fiorina of the New Leadership Party, Chris Christie of the Honest America Party, Ben Carson of the Healing America Party, future God-Emperor Jeb Bush of the Fix-it party, Jill Stein of the Green party, Gary Johnson of the Libertarian party (though he died during his campaign), Lincoln Chaffee of the New Ideas Party, Rocky de la Fuente of the People's Party, Lawrence Lessig of the Democracy Party, Darrell Castle of the Constitution Party; and independent candidates such as Jim Webb, Bobby Jindal, Lindsey Graham, Evan McMullin, Martin O'Malley, and Jim Gilmore.

EDIT: If I include OTL third-party results and compare them to primary results, Johnson wins Alaska, Colorado, Iowa, Kansas, Maine, and Nevada for 34 EVs, while McMullin wins Utah for 6.

Last edited:
Louis XV died of a heart attack in 1770, Choiseul backed Spain during the Falkland Crisis and went to war against Britain that ended inconclusively after three long years. Britain did a lot worse during the war then was expected, losing Gibraltar and a few other minor colonies and trade privileges to the victorious France and Spain, but more importantly it highlighted several flaws facing the British Empire. Chief amongst these issues was the status of the American colonies. It wasn't long until Lord North's government collapsed from the fallout of the conflict which lead to Pitt the Elder to become Prime Minister again. Although Pitt was initially in favor of the war he still cleverly blamed his predecessor for the outcome, Pitt then reformed the British Empire by giving the American Congress autonomy and several seats in parliament.

Presently the world is dealing with the aftermath of a world war called the Terrabellum in the 1870's which pitted North America and Western Europe against the Russian Empire and Platinea over the Tepelena Sultanate and Eastern Europe. The Russians under the Gannibal Dynasty have emerged victorious and achieved their longtime ambition of restoring the Byzantine Empire under a Romanov monarch as well as total domination in the Rumelian peninsula (Balkans). There were large protests of the war in Britain due to the feeling that they were dragged into it by the Americans who had been usurping their power in the empire for decades. This eventually resulted in the election of an anarchist group who withdrew the nation from the war and secede from the empire.

Meanwhile, in Russia, Tsar Iakov Gannibal, a decendant of Abram Gannibal, who lead Russia for twenty years after he rose to dictatorial power in Russia's then crumbling democracy. Then to victory in the Terrabellum, passed away in his sleep. The Soviet of Electors have chosen his youngest son Joseph Gannibal to succeed him as next Tsar. Unfortunately, rumors say that Joseph is every bit as ambitious as his father was and intends to bring Russia to even greater heights.

Edit: China was not up to date as the Fu Dynasty ended when it's second, and last, monarch voluntarily abdicated due to losing a war with Russia and requested that an elected President take his place instead of continuing the dynastic cycle.View attachment 324728

With that map it feels quite LTTW-y.

With that map it feels quite LTTW-y.
What? This is nothing like LTTW! I mean, sure there are a few common elements like a British America, superpower Argentina, weird ideology, ext. But have you seen my Byzantium? Just look at my little Byzantium and tell me we're the same!

Nice stuff there. Although for some reason I suspect Yuwu was actually an avatar of Nyarlathotep. :p

Also, a suggested edit:

The T!laka were eventually driven into a universe - I believe it was some Cold Islander-type "civilization" which had achieved global rule, far past the point of anything salvageable - and sealed there forever.

Jcw3

Banned
7gXvJsT.png

The premise of this scenario is that 1905 Africa is ISOTed to a virgin earth. This map is a depiction of the world, 50 years on. The current year is 1955. I'm very proud of this map, and consider it one of my best.

Overall
*Europeans and their military forces in Africa were the first to notice the translocation, and while there was an attempt made in some parts of Africa to hide the loss of the rest of the world from the natives, it was ultimately a failure on all counts.
*Almost every native close to European civilization knew about the disappearance within the first six months, and today, there’s nary a single tribal who doesn’t know that Africa alone was sent to this strange new world.
*The European empires of old, while shells of their ancient shells, still possess some of the mightiest militaries on the continent, even if they are aging, and are working tirelessly to recolonize Europe. While they may have lost most of their home ground, they have an advantage in that they had the most impressive militaries on the continent, and the ability to acquire the resources in their homeland before most African nations could spring for it. *However, they’re facing horrific gender imbalances that are only slowly being recovered from, are quickly losing their (as an increasingly small minority refers to it) ‘racial cleanliness’. Not only that, but the Maghrebi nations are quickly catching up to them in the settlement of Europe.
*European systems still remain in place in most of developed Africa, however, and the states set up by the old empires before fleeing most of Africa still remain in the African Commonwealth and the Communaute Internationale.
*The interior of Africa, however, is dotted with petty warlords and tribal strife, but the new great powers are smashing down these statelets, and returning civilization to the area, as some would put it.
*The most powerful states in the world today are, of course, African. Egypt, Ethiopia, and Nigeria, in that order.
*Industry is flourishing throughout Africa, and technology is beginning to advance again, after decades of being stuck in the late nineteenth century tech-wise.
*There are three (sort of four) blocs.
*The Communaute Internationale, formed out of the old French African territories. The African Commonwealth, from formerly British territories. The Western Coalition, the alliance of these two supranational unions.
*The Islamic World, formed by Egypt and its allies.
*The Nairobi Compact, an extension of Ethiopia’s whims.

North Africa/Maghreb
*North Africa is a metaphorical battleground between the Islamic World and the Communaute Internationale.
*After the ISOT, Morocco quickly made a deal with the Spaniards, which was to surrender almost all of their holdings on the Mediterranean, and they wouldn’t conquer them by force. The remnants reluctantly agreed.
*Today, Spain is a Moroccan vassal. They retain control of Sarawee, their West African territory and where the majority of their population lives. The attempts at resettling Iberia are slow at best, with a small population and poor resources, and many Spaniards consider it a better idea to build up the infrastructure in Sarawee.
*El Aaiun, the capital of Spain, is increasingly diverting fewer funds to the settlements in Europe, and more and more focus is placed on building up the Sahara. This has made it easy for Moroccan colonists to encircle the meager Spanish territory in Iberia.
*Of course, now the Kingdom has to worry about competing with Algeria and the Afro-Europeans, but they have fairly amicable relations with both, and negotiations are going well to divvy up Iberia.
*Algeria was chaotic after the ISOT, and riots engulfed a fair portion of the country. A hasty agreement between pied-noirs, Frenchmen abroad, and the majority of Algerians was reached after the French military realized keeping control would never be accomplished, establishing Oran as the new French capital, and acknowledging and supporting a French claim over its European territory. The rights of whites and pied-noirs were also to be respected, of course.
*In exchange, Algeria was given full independence. Algeria is now a fairly shaky parliamentary democracy, where the Arab supremacists always seem dangerously close to winning, but fortunately, as quality of life improves, the extremists get less popular.
*The interior of Algeria is steadily being reclaimed. The chaos post-ISOT caused a general Berber revolt, and only recently has Algiers bothered to fix that.
*Libya, originally a government-in-exile of the Ottoman Empire, officially broke away from Istanbul in 1909, and became a fairly boring traditionalist republic. They’re working on settling South Italy and Sicily (split with Tunisia).
*Tunisia’s a quiet, prosperous nation slowly settling Sicily. They’re getting annoyed with how quickly Libya is settling the island, and are looking into trying to settle the Piedmont region. Some idealists are suggesting a colony in the New World. After all, North America is still virtually untouched.
*Egypt, probably the most powerful state on Earth, broke free of Britain and Turkey almost immediately, and established itself as an independent khedivate. Egyptian settlers, and refugees from the Sudanese chaos zone, among other unfortunates, have been streaming into the Middle East at an impressive rate. Cairo has also initiated settlements in Anatolia and Crete.
*Egypt is also the primary funder of the reestablishment of Mecca, and keep the area as a protectorate. Some wanted to annex it directly, but cooler heads prevailed, and the ‘nation’ is treated as a place for Muslims to go in peace and worship Allah together. This...sort of works. The Communaute and the Islamic World keep a coalition of international peacekeepers here to, well, keep the peace.
*The first of the nationalist founded republics on the new virgin earth, Hikuptah, has been founded in western Anatolia, by Coptic Christians, with Cairo’s blessing, for what it’s worth.
*The Sahara proper is still no man’s land, ruled by tribals and bandits. None of the local governments think it’s especially worth it to reclaim it, and the ruling Algerian coalition is facing blowback for reclaiming useless desert when there’s fertile land in Iberia and Sardinia to be settling.
*France’s system of protectorates in Mauritania broke away in the years immediately following ISOT, and their long period of internal squabbling was broken up in the 1920s by the Moroccan military.

Northwest Africa
*The Communaute d’Afrique de l’Ouest, or the Community of West Africa, is a miracle that’s rapidly falling apart. While the French immediately ‘surrendered’ in Algeria, as the native resistance there grew faster, they had a good deal more time in their sub-Saharan territories, particularly those there under firmer control.
*An attempt to re-establish French democracy for whites and ‘educated’ natives, a category which grew quicker and quicker every year, the Community is the final result of the ultimately failed attempt to keep France alive in sub-Saharan Africa.
*A majority black nation with an almost insignificant white minority, the French language, a mild dislike of the idea of Nigerian influence, and a strong dislike of the idea of being in Morocco’s sphere of influence, are the only things keeping the Community together.
*Politics in the Community are turbulent, and foreign observers wonder how, when there’s a brawl on the floor of Dakar’s Congress almost daily, anything gets done at all, let alone how they manage to keep a loose system of allies together.
*Gold Coast is a quiet, prosperous republic doing an okay job of absorbing streams of refugees from the north, and is doing especially well in modernizing. Per capita, they’re the richest nation in Africa. They have a steadily growing colony in what we would call Brazil, which is being augmented as Accra absorbs more and more refugees.
*Nigeria is another success story of the former British Empire in Africa. Nigeria, Kenya, and South Africa were given dominion status almost immediately after it became obvious the limited European presence in Africa could not maintain control over the continent.
*Nigeria had to let go of the resulting Islamic north, but as the Nigerian economy has grown, the Caliphate of Sokoto has reluctantly accepted Lagos’ domination, and is content with its role as a buffer state.
*Nigeria is a wealthy state that prefers to keep influence over its neighbors economically. Its growth worries the Community, as states under their sphere of influence are increasingly turning to them, such as Liberia or Dahomey.
*Sao Tome and Principe was purchased by Nigeria when the AEU was dealing with the economic blowback of a collapsing control in Mozambique and political instability in Angola.

Central/South Africa (Chaotic Areas)
*I could save you some time by saying, “it’s fucked, bro.”
*No, no. Let’s be professional here.
*French Equatorial Africa, southern Sudan, the Congo, and Rhodesia-Nyasaland haven’t had the best time of it. None of them were under firm control of their former European masters, and after the natives ejected the Europeans (or they simply fled), they turned on each other.
*Gbayaland is one of the more powerful states to have been built out of this vacuum. The Gbaya people, long disgusted at French rule, violently revolted, and were quick to use stolen French weapons to carve out their own nation. Their period of strength is rapidly coming to a close, however, as they see conflict with Kamerun, and its stronger patron of Nigeria, as well as finally running out of people willing to sell them guns.
*Darfour, on the other hand, is much more civilized. While not under Egyptian influence like Sudan, they are their chief trading partner. Darfour is the closest thing to an actual nation in the chaotic lands of Central Africa.
*The Belgians lost control of the Congo in about a year, and the ensuing anarchic vacuum lasted for around a generation before lasting warlords came around, reluctantly propped up in the years to come by the AEU and Ethiopia. None are especially nice, and it’s a fairly regular occurrence for stories of horrific rapes and pillaging to come out of these areas.
*The Afro-European Union, however, is dragging many of these warlords into its sphere of influence, and for appearance’s sake, is ‘civilizing’ them as best it can, which...isn’t very much. But there’s at least some effort there.
*Out of the collapsed Nyasaland, a British-dominated nation has formed. The Blantyre government is a pleasant enough place, especially for Central Africa.
*A small warlord state based around Fort Lemy is being civilized by the Nigerian and Sokotonian militaries.

West-Central Africa
*Gabon is a slowly modernizing republic going through a lot of internal ethnic strife, and raids from warlords in the Congo and former Ubangi-Shari. The Gbayas were once a constant pest, but blowback from Gabon and Kamerun against them has slown them down.
*Kamerun reached an amicable agreement with its German rulers, agreeing to give resources and assistance in terms of labor for resettling Germany proper, in exchange for full independence. Well, I say full. Douala and Buea are under the rule of the German Empire still, much to Kamerunian consternation. The German government, now based out of a three-thousand populated rebuilt Bremen, promises that it will be returned...any day now.
*The Afro-European Union is the result of a disastrous Portuguese attempt at keeping control over Mozambique. Mozambican revolts overwhelmed most of the country, and divided it along ethnic lines, with Portugal only maintaining control over the very south of the country with Boer and South African support.
*As such, to stave off increasing dissent in Angola, they promised eventual independence on the condition that it follow a Portuguese system, and that Portuguese retain control over some of the more useful bits of the country, a proposition that was reluctantly accepted.
*Peace reigned supreme in Angola, which quickly became some of the last of the Portuguese Empire, and eventually, a shaky parliamentary democracy emerged. The Afro-European Union considers itself a progressive, multiracial democracy, and spends most of its time going on adventures in Central Africa or squabbling with Morocco over Iberian territory.
*The formerly Spanish Guinea has been occupied by Nigeria after reports of war crimes by the (long ago denounced and disowned by El Aaiun) Spanish military dictator. Lagos is now concerned it’s all been a useless foreign adventure, as the region isn’t becoming that much more productive.

South Africa
*The Dominion of South Africa is a nicer place than the apartheid regime, but that isn’t saying much. It was the chief destination for British and American whites during the bad years immediately post-ISOT, and has grown at a steady rate ever since, despite its many problems.
*Most of South Africa’s neighbors dislike it. Transvaal and Oranje are reluctant on the best of days, the Zulu are sometimes outright hostile, and Bechuanaland is distant, if polite. Keeping up stable relations with its own black and white citizens, especially with a white supremacist regime in power for a good portion of the nation’s history (faded away nonviolently in the 1940s) has been a chore as well.
*They’re also seeing whites leaving for Great Britain en masse, and blacks heading to Nigeria or Gold Coast, more prosperous nations. Cape Town is quick to condemn this behavior, but that doesn’t change the fact that they’re hemorrhaging professionals.
*South Africa is, at present, settling the Rio de la Plata, which is proving a good project for distracting the nation from its problems and uniting it.
*Fights between its citizens along ethnic lines are also disappointingly common, especially since the government elected after the Hawthorne government fell promised to be egalitarian in nature. It still hasn’t helped to mend the divide between a formerly oppressed people and their former masters.
*Bechuanaland is doing well, though. Khama III worked hard to make it into a successful nation until his death in 1920, and remarkably, it’s stayed that way. Not going to be breaking any records for prosperity anytime soon, but the Bechuanalanders are fine with that.
*The Boer states are trudging along. Transvaal and Oranje have idly discussed a union before, but at this point, they’ve both developed along two different paths.

East Africa
*Ethiopia, the second most powerful state in the world, and an expansionist empire that’s set its greedy eyes on most of Asia, is the current bogeyman of the Islamic World and the Western Coalition alike.
*They aren’t quite fascist, but their Emperor has a nasty habit of arresting dissidents and forcing troublesome minorities to work farms in India or Arabia.
*Regardless, they’re modernizing well and quickly, and have been extending their protection to Kenya and Tanganyika, two states which did not weather well the initial ISOT, both collapsing to native revolts. Ethiopia, out of the goodness of its heart, of course, invaded both and installed pliable regimes.
*The Swahili people of Mozambique are increasingly seeing Tanganyikan and Ethiopian ambassadors in their new nation, and are increasingly realizing that they have new bosses.
*Madagascar’s closely aligned with Adis Abeba, but only for economic reasons. They let Ethiopian ships dock there, and in exchange, they get a buttload of resources for cheap.
*Zanzibar and Socotra are both Ethiopian territory now, as is French Djibouti, British Somaliland, Italian Eritrea, and most of Italian Somaliland.

Europe
*The British are the furthest ahead of the independent European states in reclaiming their homeland. Their navy has mostly been sold off to Nigeria, South Africa or Gold Coast to fund their resettlement, but that’s fine, because now that they have a steady food supply, they’re working on mining coal, reconstructing industry, and working to ensure that they can be independent of the African Commonwealth. They’ve even somewhat rebuilt London.
*Germany’s a bit worse off. Initial dreams of trekking down the Spree and Havel to rebuild Berlin were abandoned as the Empire realized it needed coal and food. Modern German children only know of Berlin (if at all) as a poor settlement of hicks barely connected to the Empire proper.
*Bremen is the current and likely forever capital of Germany, after all.
*France is mostly an agrarian state these days, reliant on Algeria for defense.
*Italy’s almost a Libyan client. With only around twenty-three thousand people, they’re realizing that they aren’t going to be able to manage long without falling under someone’s influence, and Libya doesn’t intend on giving them a choice in the matter of who they pick.

Questions, comments and criticism welcome and wanted.

Last edited:
Interesting. Quibble: the Islamic parts of Nigeria are larger than shown. Indeed, in 1905 amalgamation hadn't happened yet and the place was three colonies.

1379426426_amalgamated.jpg

It's unlikely that all of north Nigeria would break off as a single piece, the middle belt wouldn't want to go with the Hausa and Fulani, but the final borders should lie further south, I think.

Also, the color of Libya in the key doesn't match the map.

Jcw3

Banned
Interesting. Quibble: the Islamic parts of Nigeria are larger than shown. Indeed, in 1905 amalgamation hadn't happened yet and the place was three colonies.

I intended it to be that the Nigerian government managed to keep control of most of its territory, but not all of it, and that they released a small portion of the north as a compromise, rather than having to deal with an annoying ass war in harsh times.

Also, the color of Libya in the key doesn't match the map.

Dammit. Give me a few minutes to fix. Thank you.

*The Boer states are trudging along. Transvaal and Oranje have idly discussed a union before, but at this point, they’ve both developed along two different paths.
For South Africa, I think that similar to Ephraim Ben Raphael's timeline Deo Vindice, that with the disappearance of the British homeland and the rest of the Empire would cause the Boer states to revolt and conquer the Cape. Also, regardless of the previous statement, why are the Boer states, the Cape Colony, and Natal separate? Even though the Union of South Africa wasn't formed in 1905, there had been plans to unify the colony since long before. Additionally, the colonies shared similar culture, and if gained independence I don't think they would remain separate entities (if the Cape Colony remained pro-British, then problably the Cape Colony would unite with Natal, and if the Cape Colony went pro-Boer, it would join with Oranje and Transvaal).

Jcw3

Banned
For South Africa, I think that similar to Ephraim Ben Raphael's timeline Deo Vindice, that with the disappearance of the British homeland and the rest of the Empire would cause the Boer states would to and conquer the Cape. Also, regardless of the previous statement, why are the Boer states, the Cape Colony, and Natal separate? Even though the Union of South Africa wasn't formed in 1905, there had been plans to unify the colony since long before. Additionally, the colonies shared similar culture, and if gained independence I don't think they would remain separate entities (if the Cape Colony remained pro-British, then problably the Cape Colony would unite with Natal, and if the Cape Colony went pro-Boer, it would join with Oranje and Transvaal).

Were they capable of that sort of conquest? I wasn't aware. I'll keep that in mind should I ever fix the scenario.

They don't have similar cultures to the Boers, and the Cape Colony was never powerful enough or united enough to take the Natal.

Status
Not open for further replies.