Map Thread XV

Status
Not open for further replies.
As I'm sure you're aware, Teschen was 55% Polish at the time and, indeed heavily contested by Poland and Czechoslovakia IOTL for precisely this reason. As Galicia and Lodomeria are not very industrialised and mainly farmland, the representatives of the PAS (Polish Autonomous State) lobbied to be granted them (bare in mind that they have only gained Danzig from Prussia/Germany) and as the A-H Federation surrendered they aren't in a position to protest against this decision, unlike the Czechs IOTL.

Well yes but would Russia be interested in it for that reason? Somehow I doubt they'd be all that phased by ethnicity. The only real reason is the industry and in that case they wouldn't have gotten *that* much out of it as most of it is actually in other parts of Austrian Silesia. Your idea is interesting, don't get me wrong, I'm just trying to reason out the situation :)

Well yes but would Russia be interested in it for that reason? Somehow I doubt they'd be all that phased by ethnicity. The only real reason is the industry and in that case they wouldn't have gotten *that* much out of it as most of it is actually in other parts of Austrian Silesia. Your idea is interesting, don't get me wrong, I'm just trying to reason out the situation :)
Its a combination of both things really, the Russians are interested in the industry and it has the added bonus of being of interest to the Poles. So it has two advantages, firstly to get their hands on some industry (though as you say its no that much compared to what else is available elsewhere) and as a gesture to the newly autonomous Poles. Other than that, thanks! :) And I don't blame you for trying to reason out what's going on, my maps, scenarios and TLs often require a bit amount of figuring out. :p

To be honest, you have a very good point there and it is a tad questionable to have Teschen given up. :oops: I might well go and change that now, if I'm honest.
I imagine you can have it mentioned now and then as a possible area of dispute. You should be able to get some interesting things out of it, as well as help the Austrian Germans look better to the Czechs by defending their interests.

Sorry for misspelling labor, my bad. The CNP (formerly the American Nationalist Party) is a party that wants to reform the UK (Britain in exile) into a Confederation based on the ideals of the old (failed) American revolution into a Confederation of American States. They also have a nationalistic agenda, seeking to reclaim Canada, and take Oregon. They are strongest in the Deep South. They will most likely go nowhere, the king has blocked many of their proposals.
No, no, no. I was joking. I imagine they use the British spelling here to point to them being closer to the British, and I just brought it up as an American who thinks 'the English keep messing up English'.

Combined RGS/Bolivia expansion map:
9dcBZuU.png

A quick alt-map for a Rio Grande Do Sul Republic. POD, 2015 during presidency of Dilma Rousseff. This is not necessarily realistic and also my first try at a map – geographically I kept the changes to states/subdivisions within countries, instead of going by topography or anything fancy. Color scheme is pretty much X2. I’d appreciate any help, particularly with making any of the below more coherent.

The Rio-Grandense republic came to pass during the impeachment of Dilma Roussef. Leakers revealed to the public that huge amounts of funds had been funneling from Petrobras, the state-owned oil company, as well as the overall state budget, into a nuclear energy/armament program centered in the state of São Paulo. Outraged Brazilians rioted in the streets of Porto Alegre and Rio de Janeiro, and the capital was wracked with bombings. Soon, the southernmost states and Rio de Janeiro declared independence from the federal government, and invaded São Paulo. With robust state militias against a disorganized federal government, the rebels made quick gains and soon had solidified their hold on southern Brazil, discreetly backed up by nationalist forces in France.

At this time, Paraguay and Uruguay, sensing blood in the water, declared war on the Rio-Grandense Republic, only for that state to turn and declare an alliance with Bolivia. Bolivia and RGS made quick work of Paraguay, dismembering it and splitting the country in half. With this quick loss, Uruguay surrendered and was reduced to a state in RGS, with Montevideo under military supervision.

By this point, northern Brasil was gripped with full-scale panic, and further unrest swept the central and north-western regions. Bolivia, Ecuador, Peru, and Colombia declared war on the state in the interest of gaining its rich natural resources. This brought the United States into the theater, which was determined to maintain a hold on the rich natural resources in the Amazon, bringing about the state of Amazonas.

Meanwhile, in the south, Chile and Argentina declare war on RGS/Bolivia, who have since aligned themselves with Ecuador. The triple alliance dismembers Chile and Argentina, which surrenders a year later. Chile resists, but is eventually invaded by RGS, providing it with an essential Pacific seaport. Bolivia and RGS both seek Chinese funding for their war.

Argentina, having lost Buenos Aires and most of its population, appeals to Britain for help, who is disturbed at the course the war has taken. British troops land in Patagonia in 2021, and in response the Rio-Grandense Republic seizes the Falkland islands. By this time, the nuclear material seized by the rebels has been developed, and the threat of nuclear apocalypse hangs over South America. Pressured by Britain and the United States, RGS signs a non-aggression treaty with Argentina/Patagonia and the south experiences peace.

In the north, well, it’s a mess. Colombia conquers Venezuela in a quick bloodless war, restoring order to the region and immediately prospering due to Venezuela’s vast oil reserves. But Ecuador and the US-backed Amazonas, fearing the influence of a resurgent Colombia, instigate a rebellion in the western half, forming the independent state of Cauca, which becomes an Ecuadorian satellite state.

The Rebublica Rio-Grandense, in the next fifteen years, solidifies its hold on the southern half of the continent. Spanish and Guarani are made official languages alongside Portuguese, and Porto Alegre casts a long shadow on Chile, the Minas Gerais colonies, and the remnants of Argentina. A skirmish war with Brasil continues but both sides are largely content with their gains. RGS, not wishing to lose Sao Paulo or Rio de Janeiro, agrees to an informal demilitarized zone, which brings us to the present day, 2045.

Oh no, another post from Ivo. Bound to be the Baltics...

Actually I decided to do something new with a map of East Germany, partially done for a NationStates concept,

East Germany Incarnate.png

Don't quite care with how the borders turned out, they seem a little rough.

So even though it's garbage I felt the need to post something.... I made a map of the results of my 1914 Axis and Allies game from earlier this week (I took the mantle of the Central Powers, much to the dismay of my opponents). A quick google search should answer any questions for those unfamiliar with the game.
jH9USFl.png

Unfortunately, the map doesn't even have Asia in it, so I didn't change anything there. The results were hilariously ASB.

If you're not sure, yes, that's an American Spain.

Last edited:

People who make blank maps are the real MVPs of this site. Thank you!

Very fun. I would question the ability of the Maori to thrive in the South Island; none of their traditional crops would grow very well there, which is why until the Europeans started showing up more thn 80% of all Maori lived in the very far north of the North Island. It seems unlikely that civilisation would develop so strongly in the south without an enduring and constant influence of the north (that is to say, they couldn't be evenly matched).

Fun scenario, though, and it's always nice to see an ATL New Zealand show up.

Oh huh hmm.. sounds logical- perhaps I'll say that just as Mongol invasions may have held China behind Europe, invasions from Fiji have kept the Northern Island damaged and in a state of military preparedness giving the Southern one a better opportunity to develope.

Also- Agriculture was developed in Papua New Guinea in OTL thousands of years ago (it was just far more labor intensive crops) which could complement New Zealand eventually

Oh no, another post from Ivo. Bound to be the Baltics...

Actually I decided to do something new with a map of East Germany, partially done for a NationStates concept,

View attachment 324177

Don't quite care with how the borders turned out, they seem a little rough.
ÖSTLICHLAND

Either this is a pretty stupid translation of some country name, or a well-done alternative universe/fantasy universe name. :p

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.