Map Thread XV

Status
Not open for further replies.
More advanced Chinese colonialism coupled with alternative religious movements. I thought about putting it in my write up, but decided to keep it short and sweet.
Also of interest even though it's basically unrelated, there was a short-lived Zoroastrian revival in central California OTL during the 1900s, I believe.

Gian

Banned
I wanted to test the gif/animation system in GIMP, so I threw together a BeNeLux ISOT and a Scottish ISOT. I don't really have a big backstory for either, but I can answer any questions on the two maps!

oIEPcPQ.gif

fgq3jdK.gif

Can you do a non-Oil Gallo-Romance* ISOT as well?

*Occitano-Romance, Rhaeto-Romance, Gallo-Italic (except Venetian, which I don't count as such), and Arpitan

wipy.png
Here's a WIP from a cyberpunk map I'm working on, which features a Retro-Cyberpunk Axis victory, that collapses after some rebels in Germany develop chemical weapons. Very effective ones. The knowledge of the weapons eventually spreads all over the world, and soon rebels are creating their own bootleg versions as well, but I'll go more into detail later. Anyways, here is a description of the Consulate of Crimea:

The Democratic Consulate of Crimea

Area: 10,425 mi²
Population: 2,340,854 (2010)
GDP: 6.8 Billion
Currency: Crimean Hryvnia
HDI: Very High

Crimea is a Democratic Parliamentary Republic, which elects a consul every five years. There is no limit on the amount of times one can be reelected. The current reigning leader is Natalia Poklonskaya, a native of Sevastopol, the capital city.

Artist's Depiction of Head Consul Natalia Poklonskaya

enhanced-18863-1395697532-22.jpg

Okay this was a little late for April Fool's, but she became a meme so I had to. Okay, back to working on the map.

The world circa 1894 in the TL in my Signature, Africa borders are a little dodgy but I'm crap at maps so enjoy!

iptyybv.png

Attachments

• TTL Map 1894.png
    TTL Map 1894.png
    74.6 KB · Views: 408
The US would side with India, FYI
Really depends on how far this is in the future and if China democratized or something. Plus a miryad of economic reasons that I'd say would probably see the US staying neutral. Economics comes before ideology.

Last edited:
g3vrglqgyfqy.png

My plan for a Dutch Commonwealth.

The Dutch keep Suriname. South Africa implodes over apartheid and the resulting rump state joins the Gemenbest. Wallacea stays Dutch aligned as Indonesia is decolonized.

As a brazilian, i can confirm the accuracy of this.
Albeit Paraguay's stereotype of "crappy electronics" is declining, as expensive malls in Ciudad Del Este are getting numerous. Seriously though, i've once walked into a mall... inside another mall.
My home town in Ontario has a mall with a mall sort of in it (sort of attached to it).

My home town in Ontario has a mall with a mall sort of in it (sort of attached to it).
Yeah? You Thunder Bayer's think your cool with your malls withing malls? (I just watched Inception so things withing things are going around my head)
North Bay is the best Bay!

I bet Dubai has a mall within a mall within a mall, just to show off. (The innermost one is the one with no price tags: if you need to ask how much something costs, you shouldn't be in there. :) )

Think I'm finally done with my semi serious future history India/China Cold War map. All that's missing is the write up.

QQrqJqW.png
Oh look, merkelreich and Greater Indonesia exist, EU has back again colonies and Japan owns the Kurils! What a great world to live in!

...at least it your sole purpose of living is jerking to borders. If you care about civil rights you'll probably cry or try to get to Merkelreich

The Frisian Empire

*DISCLAIMER*: Sorry about all the anachronistic city names! I couldn't find any maps further back than 1800 or so. D:
Scenario: The Frisians came to a stalemate with the Franks, instead of losing their war against them drastically. They were eventually taken over in a second war, but the Frisians still continued to spread. Not only did the Frisian kingdom extend their border, but they also received a form of autonomy in the Frankish Empire. When the Frankish Empire eventually collapsed, the Frisians were one of the main groups to rebuild. They expanded their border into French territory over the 900's and 1000's, and began to take cues from Dutch culture not too soon after. They eventually lost land in *Denmark after it was taken over by the up-and-coming nation-states in the area. After the *Americas were discovered, they formed a small colonial empire before selling most of their possessions to the Sjaellandic (North Denmark) Empire. There were a few grave threats posed to the empire after the advent of heightened democracy in Europe, but Frisia managed to quell the revolts by instituting a unicameral parliamentary system and a system of provinces and sub-kingdoms. Today, Frisia is one of the more liberal nations in the world, although very quiet in its little corner of Europe.

CsT6Kn2.png

Frisia in 1945 AD.

Deleted member 67076

Oh look, merkelreich and Greater Indonesia exist, EU has back again colonies and Japan owns the Kurils! What a great world to live in!

...at least it your sole purpose of living is jerking to borders. If you care about civil rights you'll probably cry or try to get to Merkelreich
Well they're not colonies, they're associate member states. :p

Well if you really cared about Civil Rights you'd probably want to head to Central America or the Eastern African Federation.

The Frisian Empire

*DISCLAIMER*: Sorry about all the anachronistic city names! I couldn't find any maps further back than 1800 or so. D:
Scenario: The Frisians came to a stalemate with the Franks, instead of losing their war against them drastically. They were eventually taken over in a second war, but the Frisians still continued to spread. Not only did the Frisian kingdom extend their border, but they also received a form of autonomy in the Frankish Empire. When the Frankish Empire eventually collapsed, the Frisians were one of the main groups to rebuild. They expanded their border into French territory over the 900's and 1000's, and began to take cues from Dutch culture not too soon after. They eventually lost land in *Denmark after it was taken over by the up-and-coming nation-states in the area. After the *Americas were discovered, they formed a small colonial empire before selling most of their possessions to the Sjaellandic (North Denmark) Empire. There were a few grave threats posed to the empire after the advent of heightened democracy in Europe, but Frisia managed to quell the revolts by instituting a unicameral parliamentary system and a system of provinces and sub-kingdoms. Today, Frisia is one of the more liberal nations in the world, although very quiet in its little corner of Europe.

Frisia in 1945 AD.

:eek: They look better and better every time

Status
Not open for further replies.