Map Thread XV

Status
Not open for further replies.

fashbasher

Banned
A tip: Microsoft Paint or any other similar app, like Paint.NET, is very good for Worlda maps. They allow you to place borders pixel by pixel and make nice, thin, clean, borders, in contrast to your blotchy and imprecise ones. It makes maps much better.

Otherwise, very nice map off of a cool concept. A write-up would be lovely. :)

The writeup is in the lower-write (uh, right) corner. I don't feel like any more now.

Honestly one of the best maps I've seen for a while, and a great concept.
Thanks!

A fun one! Although frankly I find Italy falling to Islam more likely than a Muslim leader literally calling himself "the monkey Imam." :p
I had to go for something flashy. I was thinking something like "The Celestial Imam", but that was just too close to other names.

Y'all loved my prior attempt at rationalizing and mapping an insane Internet conspiracy theory, so I tried another. This time from the other way around: the US is good or at least neutral, and is fighting for civilization against a terrifying foe. (Note the thin strip of neutral ground separating it from the turquoise menace)
I think this belongs in the "Maps based off crack-fueled dreams thread". :p

But seriously, cool map based off a bizzare concept. Is the blog basically just wikipedia copy and paste jobs?

One of the greatest Ottomanwanks, but definitely the greatest Tunguska-wank I have ever seen! And I would say that a new religion is involved - Simianism?
Perhaps the only Tunguskawank!

I wouldn't call Simianism a new religion, at least in TTLs 1920. It is more like Mormonism compared to mainstream Protestantism. However, it could definitely become distinct from mainstream Islam in the future of this timeline.

Amazing scenario, but I've got a few questions:
What's going on in Japan? Is that new Castille?
How centralized is the Ottoman state?
How far can the Ottomans project their power?
How big is China's Hui population and what role does it play?
Japan is basically a protectorate of New Castile, though not as much as Korea, which is slowly converting to Catholicism and has the heir to the throne married to a woman from South America.

The Ottoman state is more centralized than OTL though local governors have a few powers. I can't think of anything to compare it to right now.

The Ottoman military is roughly like the Austro-Hungarian one from OTL 1914, hovering on the border between first and second rate. There are some units that are world-class (Praetorian Guard) while most are conscripts. Most of Europe, the northern Middle East, Persia, and North Africa are connected with railways, so the empire is held together culturally and troops can move quickly. Powerwise, the Romans make weapons that they send to West Africa, which is basically a gigantic proxy warzone. If they wanted, there could be Roman troops on the West African coast, but that would create more issues than it would solve. The main issue is not that the Ottomans are too weak, its that they are surrounded by hostile nations that are now able to defeat them. Alone, they'd be a match for any of their neighbors, but the main issue now is that everyone wants a piece of the Roman Empire. In terms of influence outside Africa, Central Asia, and Europe, the Ottomans are a negligable factor. Their navy is second rate and small, so the Hispanians would likely bottle them in the Mediterranean in the event of a war.

Larger than OTL, maybe three times as large, but the minority everywhere.

Status
Not open for further replies.