Map Thread XIX

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is an OTL map I made depicting confirmed COVID-19 cases by county as of the Florida Department of Health's June 7, 2020 update. I made a version with county borders and one without:
View attachment 555980 View attachment 555981
(I made the maps smaller so they can stand side-by-side but clicking on them will show their full size)
I was on the Wikipedia page titled COVID-19 pandemic in Florida when I noticed that the map they had showing this exact thing was just... bad. It was blurry, the borders were sloppily drawn and overlapping in placed... it was just bad quality. So I remade it from scratch (coast and counties included) on Inkscape and replaced it on the wiki page. This is the first time I edit a wiki page to actually make a change :coldsweat: Anyway, the map that was originally in the wiki page can be seen below in the spoilers, if anyone is interested.

So basically it is more lethal?

Aurantiacis

Gone Fishin'
Love this! We need a thread where people point out Wikipedia maps that need improvement or articles that need maps.

You know, when I think about this, many Wikipedia articles suffer from bad maps, especially historical ones, where most of them are made in the late 2000s. We should indeed have a collaborative thread where we try to find bad maps on Wikipedia and try to remake and fix them. I know there's multiple MS paint maps in African Kingdom pages, comic sans on several Native American pages, etc.

Love this! We need a thread where people point out Wikipedia maps that need improvement or articles that need maps.
You know, when I think about this, many Wikipedia articles suffer from bad maps, especially historical ones, where most of them are made in the late 2000s. We should indeed have a collaborative thread where we try to find bad maps on Wikipedia and try to remake and fix them. I know there's multiple MS paint maps in African Kingdom pages, comic sans on several Native American pages, etc.

I would 100% be up for something like this

I've gone ahead and started one, though I don't intend to be the "overseer" of any such project! You can find it here.
I made the same thing!

Haha this was awesome! Alright, lets settle on one! I don't particularly care which :)

Senza nome (3).png

So this a map I quickly made based on this hypothetical scenario https://www.alternatehistory.com/forum/threads/argentine-canadian-war-over-the-falklands.490532/ started by @Super_Cool2 discussed by him/her , @Lusitania (check his timelines!), @Blue cat , @Wendell , @BlackDragon98 , @brokenrobot00 , @InvaderX and many others.

Lusitania

Donor
View attachment 556198

So this a map I quickly made based on this hypothetical scenario https://www.alternatehistory.com/forum/threads/argentine-canadian-war-over-the-falklands.490532/ started by @Super_Cool2 discussed by him/her , @Lusitania (check his timelines!), @Blue cat , @Wendell , @BlackDragon98 , @brokenrobot00 , @InvaderX and many others.
Looks good. I would of included province of Guiana on South American continent. Plus Bahamas and Turks as another. Belize and Bermuda. Plus the Ascension Island providing better link to Falklands (speaking of which it would also include the rest of British south Atlantic islands

Looks good. I would of included province of Guiana on South American continent. Plus Bahamas and Turks as another. Belize and Bermuda. Plus the Ascension Island providing better link to Falklands (speaking of which it would also include the rest of British south Atlantic islands

I don't think the Brits would have gone that far. About including more...size matters to alternatehistory.com unfortunatly! x'D @Lusitania

This is an OTL map I made depicting confirmed COVID-19 cases by county as of the Florida Department of Health's June 7, 2020 update. I made a version with county borders and one without:
View attachment 555980 View attachment 555981
(I made the maps smaller so they can stand side-by-side but clicking on them will show their full size)
I was on the Wikipedia page titled COVID-19 pandemic in Florida when I noticed that the map they had showing this exact thing was just... bad. It was blurry, the borders were sloppily drawn and overlapping in placed... it was just bad quality. So I remade it from scratch (coast and counties included) on Inkscape and replaced it on the wiki page. This is the first time I edit a wiki page to actually make a change :coldsweat: Anyway, the map that was originally in the wiki page can be seen below in the spoilers, if anyone is interested.

Yo is that the real olgsandbox?

Status
Not open for further replies.