Map Thread XIX

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nothing to see here, just a particularly horrifying map-poster for the MoTF contest. May it cause you nightmares as it does me.

Any questions, suggestions or whatever else, feel free to ask or point out.

1TCtSDS.png

TO ALL THE WORKERS, TOILERS, AND OPPRESSED PEOPLES, MEN AND WOMEN OF COLOUR LIVING IN THE IMPERIALIST TERRITORIES OCCUPIED BY THE REGIME OF THE UNITED STATES OF AMERICA: A MESSAGE FROM EUGENE R. MAXWELL, SECRETARY-GENERAL OF THE WORKER EMANCIPATION COALITION
Comrades, joyous news arrive from across the Pacific Ocean: after the withdrawal of American imperialist forces from East Asia, its imperial ambitions broken by, among other factors, the fierce and permanent resistance of our workers' movement, weakening its foundations of aggression from within, our comrades of the People's Republic of China, led by Chairman Jiang Qing, have at last liberated the island of Taiwan from the warlord regime of the Chiang Dynasty, abolished its decadent American puppet state and fulfilled the War of Liberation started by Chairman Mao and the Chinese People's Liberation Army. The American forces in the counterrevolutionary island were taken as prisoners of the anti-imperialist campaign.

With Taiwan liberated, the comrades of the People's Liberation Army joined forces with the Korean People's Army, led by Supreme Leader Kim Il-Sung, Father of the who advanced against the reactionary forces occupying the south of the Peninsula, now without the support of their American overlords to defend them. Seoul fell within days, and, in a glorious triumph, the workers of the Democratic People's Republic of Korea rose up against the decadent ways of the Korean bourgeoisie, the taint of American decadence that permeated their entire society, and rid their land of the deviant ways of capitalism and bourgeois excess. After the fall of Seoul, the victorious People's Army started its Southern March, liberating the workers of Daejon, Daegu and Busan, the largest cities in the south, and purging with their full support the oppressive decadence of the Korean bourgeoisie and the remaining elements of American cultural degradation upon the Korean people.

Today, the last pockets of resistence of the reactionary regime in the South, abandoned by their American patrons, are falling. Soon Korea too will be unified, and joy will reign for a thousand years in Asia. A thousand flowers will blossom as the decadence of capitalism is cleansed from the face of the Earth.

And now, comrades, I say to you, it is time that, inspired by the great triumphs of our Asian comrades, and taking in our hearts the lesson of Chairman Mao, that we too continue the struggle to defeat the imperialist beast once and for all. Imperialism doesn't sleep; it doesn't rest until it either takes over the Earth or is killed by the people. Today is the day to ensure it is the latter. Today is the day to march against the forces of oppression. Today is the day to destroy America!

So... My idea was to do a reverse Autumn of Nations, with the United States's alliance being the one falling. I didn't want to get too into why exactly that came to be, so I'm going to avoid having to answer that question, but I left some clues around. Anyway, after considering a few different places, I found the poster that serve as frame for the map and I liked the idea of making a poster-map with those elements so much that I went for Korea.

Then... I went on a dark turn. I do that a lot, now that I think about it. Basically I just thought that this poster needed to be done by just the absolute worst type of tankie group out there. And considering it depicted a North Korean invasion of South Korea, there was enough room for that. So, if all the mentions to "excesses", "decadence" and whatever else make you feel uncomfortable, it's because you are supposed to fear the worst in those. I didn't flesh out the Worker Emancipation Coalition entirely, but they're there to represent the very worst among that particular specter of politics.

Anyway, I hope you like the map. May it terrify you as much as it does to me.

@Prince di Corsica my first reaction was basically "AAAAAAAAAAAAaAAaaAAaaAaAAaaaaAaaAAAAaaaaaaaaaa!!!"

Then I realized that Madame Mao was the PRC chairman. And my panic increased. If it was Deng I could feel some hope for the future but now I see none.

Last edited:

Deleted member 94708

Questions and Critics are welcomed

Cool scenario. I guess my only thought is that the North just vastly outweighed the South demographically. IOTL the Yue didn't even survive to oppose Han, Chu conquered them first, almost a century before Qin Shihuang. The Minyue didn't fare any better against the Han.

My understanding is that the Yellow River Valley was the demographic linchpin of China straight through until it shifted course in the early Song.

35MidtermSenator.png

37consensus.png

I return once again. Considering adding familiar aesthetics would be a great thing to do I wondered what it would look like if the United Provinces of Kauresia from Ball of Confusion had it's projected elections projected with something that looks just like 270towin? The Farmer-Labor Party has been tremendously successful following the 27 IE Midterms which led to Farmer-Labor taking the House which was in part due to Don Keen's low approval rating, they would as time would go on secure a federal trifecta in the 29 IE elections as they took the Senate and elected Malcom Brogdy with 433 electoral votes. The 35 IE Midterms are this year, and according to the graphics above alot of Provinces are going to determine if either party secures a majority in the Senate, and the Presidential consensus in which most Provinces have been put under a toss-up status as due to limited polling data or very close margins, it is about 2 years away and only a couple of National candidates have considered running that year. Despite Brogdy's national popularity, his third term is going to matter alot on these states.

1590809079965.png

A redesign of Germany's states, drawn from historical administrative divisions, traditional regions, what looks good to me on a personal level except for Saxony-Anhalt but that was unavoidable, etc. Based on current districts because I couldn't align any old maps correctly. I'm not German so let me know if there are any glaring omissions / mistakes.

Last edited:
1590816217952.png

Map of the Commonwealth of the Three Republics (formerly known as the Union of Poland-Bohemia) in the year 1594. the nations under the great President, and the Saint of Prussia herself, Saint Jutta, not shown are the Colonies of Oceania (otl Canada, also guess which native tribe's word for village is), Juttastadt (eastern shoreboard), and the Republic of Friesland. in other terms, my nation so far in my eu4 game. also, should I go for the rest of northern germany (minus, ofc, Magdeburg) or focus on colonizing first?

Also, I've just noticed that Trinidad and Tobago isn't labelled on the map.
Trinidad and Tobago is a dot.
Something I worked on today, an map and infographic of an alternate NATO alliance:
Made using mapchart.net, Google docs slides, and easel.ly infographic maker.
Posted on my DeviantArt: https://www.deviantart.com/godemperorgillan/art/Alternate-NATO-members-843679376
I'll fix that right away

@Analytical Engine @Not Plato @Remitonov Here is the fixed map of my alternate NATO members. I was really sleepy making this last night and I didn't realize there were several mistakes until you guys pointed that out.

Original post here
Something I worked on today, an map and infographic of an alternate NATO alliance:
View attachment 552368
Made using mapchart.net, Google docs slides, and easel.ly infographic maker.
Posted on my DeviantArt: https://www.deviantart.com/godemperorgillan/art/Alternate-NATO-members-843679376
Alternate NATO members.jpg
Has a South American state gone communist, or did the US otherwise strong arm those caribbean countries into the alliance? Cause T&T, DR, and Jamaica would need convincing reasons to join a military alliance dominated by Western powers
It's just my take on an alternate NATO alliance spreading to the Western Hemisphere. I'd probably go for the United States strong arm those Caribbean nations. ASB of course.

DeviantArt (fixed): https://www.deviantart.com/godemperorgillan/art/Alternate-NATO-members-843679376

Attachments

• Alternate NATO members.jpg
    Alternate NATO members.jpg
    187.2 KB · Views: 204
Nothing to see here, just a particularly horrifying map-poster for the MoTF contest. May it cause you nightmares as it does me.

Any questions, suggestions or whatever else, feel free to ask or point out.

1TCtSDS.png

TO ALL THE WORKERS, TOILERS, AND OPPRESSED PEOPLES, MEN AND WOMEN OF COLOUR LIVING IN THE IMPERIALIST TERRITORIES OCCUPIED BY THE REGIME OF THE UNITED STATES OF AMERICA: A MESSAGE FROM EUGENE R. MAXWELL, SECRETARY-GENERAL OF THE WORKER EMANCIPATION COALITION
Comrades, joyous news arrive from across the Pacific Ocean: after the withdrawal of American imperialist forces from East Asia, its imperial ambitions broken by, among other factors, the fierce and permanent resistance of our workers' movement, weakening its foundations of aggression from within, our comrades of the People's Republic of China, led by Chairman Jiang Qing, have at last liberated the island of Taiwan from the warlord regime of the Chiang Dynasty, abolished its decadent American puppet state and fulfilled the War of Liberation started by Chairman Mao and the Chinese People's Liberation Army. The American forces in the counterrevolutionary island were taken as prisoners of the anti-imperialist campaign.

With Taiwan liberated, the comrades of the People's Liberation Army joined forces with the Korean People's Army, led by Supreme Leader Kim Il-Sung, Father of the who advanced against the reactionary forces occupying the south of the Peninsula, now without the support of their American overlords to defend them. Seoul fell within days, and, in a glorious triumph, the workers of the Democratic People's Republic of Korea rose up against the decadent ways of the Korean bourgeoisie, the taint of American decadence that permeated their entire society, and rid their land of the deviant ways of capitalism and bourgeois excess. After the fall of Seoul, the victorious People's Army started its Southern March, liberating the workers of Daejon, Daegu and Busan, the largest cities in the south, and purging with their full support the oppressive decadence of the Korean bourgeoisie and the remaining elements of American cultural degradation upon the Korean people.

Today, the last pockets of resistence of the reactionary regime in the South, abandoned by their American patrons, are falling. Soon Korea too will be unified, and joy will reign for a thousand years in Asia. A thousand flowers will blossom as the decadence of capitalism is cleansed from the face of the Earth.

And now, comrades, I say to you, it is time that, inspired by the great triumphs of our Asian comrades, and taking in our hearts the lesson of Chairman Mao, that we too continue the struggle to defeat the imperialist beast once and for all. Imperialism doesn't sleep; it doesn't rest until it either takes over the Earth or is killed by the people. Today is the day to ensure it is the latter. Today is the day to march against the forces of oppression. Today is the day to destroy America!

So... My idea was to do a reverse Autumn of Nations, with the United States's alliance being the one falling. I didn't want to get too into why exactly that came to be, so I'm going to avoid having to answer that question, but I left some clues around. Anyway, after considering a few different places, I found the poster that serve as frame for the map and I liked the idea of making a poster-map with those elements so much that I went for Korea.

Then... I went on a dark turn. I do that a lot, now that I think about it. Basically I just thought that this poster needed to be done by just the absolute worst type of tankie group out there. And considering it depicted a North Korean invasion of South Korea, there was enough room for that. So, if all the mentions to "excesses", "decadence" and whatever else make you feel uncomfortable, it's because you are supposed to fear the worst in those. I didn't flesh out the Worker Emancipation Coalition entirely, but they're there to represent the very worst among that particular specter of politics.

Anyway, I hope you like the map. May it terrify you as much as it does to me.
Is there a timeline to this?

View attachment 552499

A redesign of Germany's states, drawn from historical administrative divisions, traditional regions, what looks good to me on a personal level except for Saxony-Anhalt but that was unavoidable, etc. Based on current districts because I couldn't align any old maps correctly. I'm not German so let me know if there are any glaring omissions / mistakes.
Out of all the borders you changed, you didn't change the Saxony-Anhalt/Saxony/Brandenburg border? As a Berlin/Brandenburger, this is unacceptable
If you're restoring the old Thuringia border, you also could restore the old Saxony/Saxony-Anhalt border.

Btw as an interesting side note, even the DDR used to have the pre-45 borders for a short while: https://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Land_(DDR) (it only stayed until 1952 tho, sadly)
188px-States_in_German_Democratic_Republic_1949_-_1952_lightly_colored.svg.png

@Prince di Corsica - I'm already imagining the communist jackboot stamping on the face of the world forever.

@Prince di Corsica my first reaction was basically "AAAAAAAAAAAAaAAaaAAaaAaAAaaaaAaaAAAAaaaaaaaaaa!!!"

Then I realized that Madame Mao was the PRC chairman. And my panic increased. If it was Deng I could feel some hope for the future but now I see none.

Tell me about it. I usually send my maps to a friend for review before posting them here and this time I sent along the message "I have the feeling it's good already, because I am absolutely terrified while looking at it"

Now just imagine walking by it each time you went to work, sticking in a wall.

Ooh, nasty stuff, @Prince di Corsica . Although I'm not sure what could cause the US to abandon it's Asian allies so completely.

Is there a timeline to this?

As others have pointed, there really isn't one, I just did a US collapse in the background for the sake of the map. I considered doing a joke reference to American Dad and say Reagan never got shot, Mondale got elected in 1984 and surrendered the country to the Soviet Union 47 days into the Presidency, but that took a bit of the dread of the scenario, so I just went with unspecified causes.

Status
Not open for further replies.