Map Thread XIX

Status
Not open for further replies.
Maybe they're European colonies to be added later?
Well, that can't work, because of what Itsa said before:

basic premise is...
Africa rolls all sixes, and Europe is forced into multiple wars and is unable to be able to colonize Africa, paired with pressure from america, Britain and Brazil and the billing of the reservation of Africa. the remaining nations, Britain and america included, both have port cities along the coasts for trading and economic purposes.

And now for something completely different...
Wamapu is a moon orbiting a brilliantly coloured gas giant, possessing a breathable atmosphere and gravity below even a Mars norm. Whilst these are habitable conditions for humans there are very few landmasses above sea level. The largest of these is the main centre of human settlement on the moon, and home to its major city of Ralma Mapu. Ralma Mapu is easily the largest single city of this solar system, and one with an interstellar reputation for high quality crafts. The planet attracts considerably more offworld traffic than one might otherwise assume from a moon of this physical size, especially given that it has a population of less than four million people.

The first migrants to this world were part of the Mapuche of Chile and Argentina, part of a wider pattern of South American indigenous peoples forming offworld communities across the 22nd-23rd centuries. This was not an easy decision for many such societies, and this was the case for the Mapuche. The majority of the Mapuche peoples elected to remain on Earth, though it's estimated over a hundred thousand Mapuche migrated to Wamapu between 2159-2248 CE. The vast majority of current Wamape citizens continue to identify themselves as Mapuche, and when they need to be distinguished from Mapuche peoples of Earth they are often called Wamape Mapuche, with Wamape being used to describe the overall population of the moon as a whole.

Wamapu shares a star system with Qualambvar, founded by the Qom (also an indigenous people of South America). The two planets have always co-ordinated interstellar policy to a strong degree, and in the emergency of the Interregnum this led to a formal union of the two worlds. This union has lasted past those trying circumstances and remains active in the present day. As a result both planets are active in their relative interstellar region, with Wamapu's cultural and economic impact gaining in strength over the centuries. The moon's oceans are currently being surveyed by explorers from the starship Lahiwaka, and Wamapu is undergoing a period of intense cultural exchange with the Polynesians of the Stars that crew and live on that mighty vessel.

ddxw0id-a34bf65f-b9f0-4c2f-bea3-6ae9d067d92f.png

And now for something completely different...
Wamapu is a moon orbiting a brilliantly coloured gas giant, possessing a breathable atmosphere and gravity below even a Mars norm. Whilst these are habitable conditions for humans there are very few landmasses above sea level. The largest of these is the main centre of human settlement on the moon, and home to its major city of Ralma Mapu. Ralma Mapu is easily the largest single city of this solar system, and one with an interstellar reputation for high quality crafts. The planet attracts considerably more offworld traffic than one might otherwise assume from a moon of this physical size, especially given that it has a population of less than four million people.

The first migrants to this world were part of the Mapuche of Chile and Argentina, part of a wider pattern of South American indigenous peoples forming offworld communities across the 22nd-23rd centuries. This was not an easy decision for many such societies, and this was the case for the Mapuche. The majority of the Mapuche peoples elected to remain on Earth, though it's estimated over a hundred thousand Mapuche migrated to Wamapu between 2159-2248 CE. The vast majority of current Wamape citizens continue to identify themselves as Mapuche, and when they need to be distinguished from Mapuche peoples of Earth they are often called Wamape Mapuche, with Wamape being used to describe the overall population of the moon as a whole.

Wamapu shares a star system with Qualambvar, founded by the Qom (also an indigenous people of South America). The two planets have always co-ordinated interstellar policy to a strong degree, and in the emergency of the Interregnum this led to a formal union of the two worlds. This union has lasted past those trying circumstances and remains active in the present day. As a result both planets are active in their relative interstellar region, with Wamapu's cultural and economic impact gaining in strength over the centuries. The moon's oceans are currently being surveyed by explorers from the starship Lahiwaka, and Wamapu is undergoing a period of intense cultural exchange with the Polynesians of the Stars that crew and live on that mighty vessel.

ddxw0id-a34bf65f-b9f0-4c2f-bea3-6ae9d067d92f.png

This might be the first time in AH.com I've seen the native people of my province (the Qom) mentioned! Beautiful job! Where did you get the name Qualambvar from?

FIFA World Cup XVII
=====[1986]=====

J3TcKa0.png

"President Frémont praises the valor of the Condors!" - The Pacific Times June 19th 1986 - California

"Three Times a Charm for Italy!" - The London Mail, 30th June 1986 - The United Kingdom.

"Vienna Dazzles the world as Italy wins the world cup" The New York Times 30th June 1986 - The United States.

It would be Italy that would be crowned champions of the 17th World Cup games, beating their neighbours 3-1 in a thrilling battle at the Austrian Olympic Stadium. However that might not have been the final that had been promised some 6 years earlier when it was the Ottoman Empire that was first revealed as the hosts for the World Cup. However with the Civil war erupting in the summer of 1985 it would be the Kingdom of Austria who was given the job of hosting.

Although one of the favorites at the beginning did indeed go on to win the competition - this didn’t mean there were not a few upsets along the way. One of the original favourate’s Spain found themselves bottom of group B losing 2-0 to the hosts in the capital as well Columbia 3-2 in Saltzburg a week later. However it would be after the competition blame would be placed on the Spanish FA’s acceptance of the creation of a Catalonian FA who they claim had created uncertainty of loyalty within the Spanish Team itself.

This would be the first finals for a couple of nations and a return of old finalists. Scandinavia, East Africa, Cuba, Korea, Honduras, Greece and Algeria first time playing in the finals - however nations that had previously made up Scandinavia had originally gotten to the final. As hosts this was the first time since 1938 that Austria had gotten to the finals and it was also the first time since 1922 that Egypt had reached the finals.

===[]===
Just as a note, I am not sure how to add lettering on these maps so that is visible. So the colours in the top left corner correspond with this in descending order.
Winner - Runner up - Third - Fourth - Semi Finalist - Quarter Finalist - Round of 16 -Hosts - Did not qualify - Could not qualify - No Football Team

Deleted member 94708

OK, this is a silly one done purely for my own amusement: a multiple superpowers world, each power being a wanky creation from existing AH by members or others. (Except one I did myself because I couldn't find a preexisting one that really fit.) In most cases there has been some folding, spindling, or mutilation to make them fit, sadly enough, although one was so absurdly over-wanked to start with that I don't feel too bad about the savage cuts administered.
The thought of Chinese cities being more crowded than OTL is... worrisome.

Gian

Banned
This is really cool someone's process in map making. For example for me I do all the outline of the region before doing all the rivers. Working in sections vertically instead of horizontal is unthinkable for me.
Well, the ASB itself is oriented that way since it mainly occupies just the eastern US IOTL (plus the Caribbean and and southeastern Canada)

Anyway, finally managed to add roads to this baby. Just need to finish the rails (among other things) and it's done.
southafrica.png

Why doesn't Tunisia and the rest of North Africa have major states? Given how they're part of the Mediterranean world, I'd expect them to have centralized, or at least not be on the same level as the Sahara Desert.
your right, it doesnt really make that much sense

Isaac Beach

Banned
OK, this is a silly one done purely for my own amusement: a multiple superpowers world, each power being a wanky creation from existing AH by members or others. (Except one I did myself because I couldn't find a preexisting one that really fit.) In most cases there has been some folding, spindling, or mutilation to make them fit, sadly enough, although one was so absurdly over-wanked to start with that I don't feel too bad about the savage cuts administered.

ddxw7ao-8482e86c-2885-43bb-8676-6ddf4430ff0b.png

Bro you coulda at least corrected my poor grammar. My old notes were just... awful. Still, great stuff!

Dost mine eyes deceive? Is that muh Southern Strategy Ottomania?

Arabia in America (1994).png

Note this map is not met to be political. just a weird timeline.

The world in 1994
In an alternate world, The Muslims win the battle of the tours, allowing them to place their control in Iberia and preventing their fall. Soon Islam spread across southern Europe including the Sicily. Because of this the later crusades prove to be a total disaster, weakening the Christians further and further and allowing the establishment of. Because of this, The sultans of southern Europe would become untrusty of each other, particularly Al-Andalus and the Ottoman Empire. Eventually Andalus would discover the Americas and begin its colonization. In Russia, the Slavs would convert into a new type of Islam which is much looser to both Sunni and Shia Islam, known as Vladi Islam. Eventually the Ottomans, Nordic imperials and Arabians would colonize America. then in 1764, the United States of Vinland and the Republic of Maisara declare independence from Andalus and Nordania. it is now 1994
Europe
In Europe, the two dominant religions, Islam and Christianity, have been battling each other for centuries. The most powerful of these nations are Nordania and Andalus. Both have fought wars for control over Europe. The ottomans in recent years have became weak and only hold a fraction of what it used to have. Russia meanwhile has lost its power over time and lost its Siberian area. Recently all sides have become more peaceful toward each other.
Asia
Chia has economy has been growing since the 40s, Although not what it once was, it is slowly gaining power. Japan Has become the powerhouse of Asia economically and military speaking. Persia and Turkey are currently waring each other. Arabia and Oman have been relitully neutral watching the world. The Mughals and souther Indians have launch countless wars against each other.
North America
The United States of inland and the United Republic of Masisara have been great allies since their war of independence. seen as the competitor of Nordania and Andalus. Alaska, a former Russian colony has recently seen an economic rise, however, it has tension with Vinland. The Jewish population has enjoyed peace in both nations who also establish New Jerusalem in what is now salt lake city.
South America
Brazil, a former ottoman colony, is expected to become a new superpower, however, it faces tension with Argentina (Argentina) and Qadiria (Columbia). South America has also been plagued with poverty and corruption but maybe things can change.
Africa
Africa has also been plagued with corruption and poverty. Well the southern part at least. Egypt, Alger-Sicily are incredibly rich nations thanks to their oil. In South Africa, a Hitler like dictator took over the nation and establish a white-only
Australia
Australia was colonized by Nordania, The Netherlands, and Andalus. The three states have constantly war each other but are now in peace talks.

Arabia in America Religon.png

A religious map as well.
I work really hard on these maps and I hope you enjoy it.

Status
Not open for further replies.