Map Thread XIX

Status
Not open for further replies.
Aftermath North America (2104).png

Map of North America in 2104.

It is 2104, 38 Years since the war that ended the world. The survivors have either escape to space stations, large bunkers call shelters, or other bunkers or ways to survive such as the sewers. New Governments have been established. The United Commonwealth of America, (The evolved version of the USA), has reestablished they precess in the eastern US. Eventually, new nations would arrises thanks to people resettling from the stations and shelters. Confederation and New England would be established and would expand across the nation. in 2089 The Republic of California was established and they would establish a large presence in California. The people from Seattle and Vancouver would create Cascadia. Meanwhile in Denver, The former US mechanic army would establish the Unixt, an Army of machines who plotted to turn Humanity into cyborgs who would be the future of humanity. The empire is a mutant control government who also believe in they're superiority. The world of North America has been change and who knows on what will happen

View attachment 549217

Map of North America in 2104.

It is 2104, 38 Years since the war that ended the world. The survivors have either escape to space stations, large bunkers call shelters, or other bunkers or ways to survive such as the sewers. New Governments have been established. The United Commonwealth of America, (The evolved version of the USA), has reestablished they precess in the eastern US. Eventually, new nations would arrises thanks to people resettling from the stations and shelters. Confederation and New England would be established and would expand across the nation. in 2089 The Republic of California was established and they would establish a large presence in California. The people from Seattle and Vancouver would create Cascadia. Meanwhile in Denver, The former US mechanic army would establish the Unixt, an Army of machines who plotted to turn Humanity into cyborgs who would be the future of humanity. The empire is a mutant control government who also believe in they're superiority. The world of North America has been change and who knows on what will happen
Why does the "Kingdom of Wisconsin" not have any part of Wisconsin, not to mention any part of the namesake river?

Ask Benin and Ghana why they aren't anywhere near their namesakes.
Benin was named after the Bight of Benin because "Dahomey" was seen as insufficiently ethnically neutral, and Ghana was named out of nostalgia for a bygone era of West African power. Neither of those motivations hold up in this case, unless (and I say this as a Wisconsinite) you think that modern Wisconsin is anything worthy of emulation.

Benin was named after the Bight of Benin because "Dahomey" was seen as insufficiently ethnically neutral, and Ghana was named out of nostalgia for a bygone age of West African power. Neither of those motivations hold up in this case, unless (and I say this as a Wisconsinite) you think that modern Wisconsin is anything worthy of emulation.
It's not even like enough time has passed for Wisconsin to create a powerful empire, disappear, and for people to become nostalgic over. Hell, I'm not even sure enough time has passed for the ideas of Republicanism and Democracy to have washed away for a Monarchy.

Benin was named after the Bight of Benin because "Dahomey" was seen as insufficiently ethnically neutral, and Ghana was named out of nostalgia for a bygone era of West African power. Neither of those motivations hold up in this case, unless (and I say this as a Wisconsinite) you think that modern Wisconsin is anything worthy of emulation.
Maybe people from Wisconsin migrated north and kept the name.

My idea was something along the lines of that the shock of being defeated and completely pushed off the mainland, as well as the Soviets joining the war, caused a political shakeup in Japan, resulting in a sort of revolution/coup with a pacifistic government coming to power that wasn't communist itself but was more sympathetic to the Chinese than the former militarist government, and that this, along with fears that the Chinese and Soviets together could build up and eventually challenge the Japanese at sea enough to just take what they wanted by force while pushing a harsher peace on Japan, and the Chinese here agreeing to not demand reparations if Taiwan was handed back, was able to convince the postwar Japanese government to hand over the territory and end the war rather than drawing it out longer

I did try to give it some justification, but still, maybe it's not the most realistic scenario, I won't deny that
I liked the scenario for the most part. Taiwan just does not make sense to me.

It's not even like enough time has passed for Wisconsin to create a powerful empire, disappear, and for people to become nostalgic over. Hell, I'm not even sure enough time has passed for the ideas of Republicanism and Democracy to have washed away for a Monarchy.

I feel like it would take 3 generations to become a monarchy, so that seems legit enough to me.

Yeah same for me...

Me as well! But for now, I will post an almost-done WIP of my original work: "2045 from 2020"

Basically I am taking the geopolitical trends of the post-Corona era and projecting them forward by 25 years, to show how the world may look in 2045, although I've made things much more stylized (otherwise we would just be copying OTL). The major points:

1) The world is generally more anarchic. The old order, with America as guarantor of peace and stability, no longer is a thing.

2) China has far-surpassed America in terms of economic prowess (and reach), though America still holds an edge in military power projection. The Second Cold War is going on in earnest, and China is leading!

3) The EU has ceased to exist as a meaningful entity. England, France, and Germany have become more geopolitically active out of the necessity of securing their shipping lanes and raw materials access. Italy has fallen into decentralization and decrepitude.

4) Russia has made some geopolitical advances and is still militarily formidable, but is an aged, decomposing, and decentralizing state.

h7pvxaA.png

ddxgfvv-8c690ee6-eeff-42d0-a34a-6bd31eddac73.png

I was in a bit of a creative rut when this thread on SV, about the GDR going back in time to 1918, inspired me. So here's a quick (read: ~15 hour) map I made for that scenario. I've officially reached the "I could do more for it and spice it up, but I don't want to" point with it (and am about to get started on a map to gift my dad for Father's Day, anyways), so this is probably its final form, despite originally planning to do some more with it, like adding a frame and putting some text into the empty space.

Question; What colour in SUCK would I use for India's eastern panhandle bit (which I call Assam even though I know it's wrong)?

1) Most often those states are collectively labeled as the Seven Sister States, since Assam is just one of them.

2) I probably don't have the most current version of SUCK but in the version I have there's sadly nothing for that area. Your best bet would be "Other (North) Indian Country" or either of the two South Himalayan entries. The fact that SUCK focuses so much on historic states means that regions which are ethnically distinct but lacked state-building efforts of their own are often underrepresented.

Skallagrim

Banned
Question; What colour in SUCK would I use for India's eastern panhandle bit (which I call Assam even though I know it's wrong)?
1) Most often those states are collectively labeled as the Seven Sister States, since Assam is just one of them.

2) I probably don't have the most current version of SUCK but in the version I have there's sadly nothing for that area. Your best bet would be "Other (North) Indian Country" or either of the two South Himalayan entries. The fact that SUCK focuses so much on historic states means that regions which are ethnically distinct but lacked state-building efforts of their own are often underrepresented.
The absence of this entry is an error on my part; both "independent Assam" and something like "unified Seven Sisters" or "independent North-Eastern Region" should be tagged onto the existing "Kamarupa, Ahom Kingdom" option. That's the colour I would personally use for this.

Me as well! But for now, I will post an almost-done WIP of my original work: "2045 from 2020"

Basically I am taking the geopolitical trends of the post-Corona era and projecting them forward by 25 years, to show how the world may look in 2045, although I've made things much more stylized (otherwise we would just be copying OTL). The major points:

1) The world is generally more anarchic. The old order, with America as guarantor of peace and stability, no longer is a thing.

2) China has far-surpassed America in terms of economic prowess (and reach), though America still holds an edge in military power projection. The Second Cold War is going on in earnest, and China is leading!

3) The EU has ceased to exist as a meaningful entity. England, France, and Germany have become more geopolitically active out of the necessity of securing their shipping lanes and raw materials access. Italy has fallen into decentralization and decrepitude.

4) Russia has made some geopolitical advances and is still militarily formidable, but is an aged, decomposing, and decentralizing state.

h7pvxaA.png
Makes me want to do covers of his maps as well.
Ok, what if we had a sort of challenge in which we all took one of his old maps and then each did our takes on them?

Status
Not open for further replies.