1984 Hermit State.png

If Oceania in the book 1984 was an isolated hermit-state like North Korea.​

Last edited:
European Spring
The British Revolution and Spillover - Aftermath

1589310466432.png
1589311317432.png

aka Yugoslav wars but in Britain
1. Irish Free State (Sino-Canadian ally, think Slovenia)
2. Gweriniaeth Cymru (with the takeover of welsh nationals, they decided to change their name to the Welsh translation of 'Republic of Wales', currently armed and neutral, think Macedonia)
3. 2nd Republic of Scotland (Suffered from the British civil war, and now with Canadian help is alive again, think Croatia)
4. Republic of Northumbria (Everyone hates them, everyone as in Scotland and England, think Bosnia)
4a. Manchester Free City (Claimed by England and Northumbria, technically under Northumbria's control. Think Kosovo)
5. 2nd English Republic (Radical Anglo-Saxon nationalism and anti-communist sympathies control England, now effectively a Canadian junior partner, which they hate. Think Serbia)
6a. Cornwall People's Republic (A leftover state from their predecessor, claims all of the British Union but cant act on it without the E.P.R's approval. Something like the Yugoslav rump state.)
6b. Mann Commune (Technically a appendage of the Cornwall People's Republic, its existence relies on Ireland. Think Montenegro of the Yugoslav rump state.)
7. Republic of the Highlands (A Canadian Puppet State, basically controlled by the Canadian army, but a third of Scotland lives in the Highlands still, so...)
8. Republic of the Orkney Islands (Practically doesn't even exist, its practically the banking capital of the world due to its anarchic capitalist values.)

Alternate World map.png

This is some weird alt I made. It's basically a world in which the Muslim remain in Iberia and then went on to colonize america
Please note that this is just some scenario and should be taken seriously or politically.

What do you mean if? It absolutely was. You made the rogue/rouge error, by the way.

All of Britain is also a possibility. So is what they are claiming being true. Then there is the third possibility that the world is united but the government acts as if it is at war to control the populace. The Rogue State Idea might be the most realistic but it isn't the absolutely correct choice.

@B_Munro when will you be finished with your next batch of wanks?

I would normally say within a week or two, but I am currently sans internet (this is being written on my phone) so things are a bit up in the air

Is there a list of links to all of your nation-wanks? I periodically check this thread for them but they're hard to find by search.

Maybe I should have a dedicated thread?

All up to date! Phew! :coldsweat:

The various nation wanks are under the subset "Reverse Alphabet Wank Series". Just a head's-up though: the order of the maps got a bit muddled in the more recent ones, so I've done my best to keep it all clear as best I can.

Thank you so very much!

The key thing to remember is Big Brother...is a big fat liar.

This is pretty much my headcanon of what the 1984 verse is in general. So thank you for this.

You people are incorrigible optimists. (I'm in the "one state and it covers the world" camp myself, which I suppose says something about _my_ disposition.)

Not at all canon map of DValdron's Green Antarctica setting in the year 1884, the year in which the Krakatoa Eruption makes most of the Native Antarcticans/Tsalal flee their homeland into South America, Africa, Australia and somehow also Britain and Ireland and basically committing every possible war crime on the population.View attachment 547198
Very nice! Non-canon in what way? (Thinking of stealing the shit out of that basemap)

You people are incorrigible optimists. (I'm in the "one state and it covers the world" camp myself, which I suppose says something about _my_ disposition.)

My headcanon is that Oceania is restricted to Great Britain and the rest of the world doesn't match the book currently, but it did at some point in the past. The true situation is worse: everything from other Oceanias to Mad Max to outright human extinction in the areas worst hit by environmental degradation resulting from the interminable wars of old.

My headcanon is that Oceania is restricted to Great Britain and the rest of the world doesn't match the book currently, but it did at some point in the past. The true situation is worse: everything from other Oceanias to Mad Max to outright human extinction in the areas worst hit by environmental degradation resulting from the interminable wars of old.

Part of my head canon is that is where it will all end - environmental degredation and climate change (1984, a green economy? Heh) will inevitably doom the scientifically inept State to collapse, probably all the way to pre-industrial society.

While I have your attention, a question: have you ever done a "United Europe superpower" which wasn't a super- EU or just Germany/France pwns everyone? I am doing a silly "all the superpowers" map and all I need now is one for non-russian Europe and a china. (Which really could be any successfully modernizing china: china does not need much wanking, it comes pre-wanked).

(Ugh. Doing this on my phone is a pain. Darn fat fingers)

Part of my head canon is that is where it will all end - environmental degredation and climate change (1984, a green economy? Heh) will inevitably doom the scientifically inept State to collapse, probably all the way to pre-industrial society.

While I have your attention, a question: have you ever done a "United Europe superpower" which wasn't a super- EU or just Germany/France pwns everyone? I am doing a silly "all the superpowers" map and all I need now is one for non-russian Europe and a china. (Which really could be any successfully modernizing china: china does not need much wanking, it comes pre-wanked).

I’ve done the cliche eternal Rome, the OTL European Union becoming a true superpower (debatably a German or a French power, but I count it as its own thing), the weird “USA as PRC” collaboration I did where Poland is the core of a united Europe, the TL-191 one where Austria-Hungary is on its way to unifying Europe, the other one where Austria is a superpower (this shouldn’t count as mine because it’s a cover of your map :p) and I do have a “states swap size/power by rank” planned where the Vatican/Catholic Church directly rules Europe.

Last edited:

I mean, ultimately, the answer is always going to be 'I don't know'. The Party is never going to reveal the true extent of its control over the world, just what it wants its citizens to believe. To reveal anything that contradicts the Party's official 'truth' is to contradict the Party's infallibility, and thus its power. Either extreme, whether it's a tiny rump state or a world government scripting an artificial civil war, is going to lead to anger against the Party if revealed to be true.

Last edited:

Louyan

Banned
All up to date! Phew! :coldsweat:

The various nation wanks are under the subset "Reverse Alphabet Wank Series". Just a head's-up though: the order of the maps got a bit muddled in the more recent ones, so I've done my best to keep it all clear as best I can.

Are those all of them? 😮
Absolutely fantastic!
Thank you for your hard work! 🤗
And off course thanks to @B_Munro for creating them. 🤗

Are those all of them? 😮
Absolutely fantastic!
Thank you for your hard work! 🤗
And off course thanks to @B_Munro for creating them. 🤗
To the best of my knowledge, every map Bruce has ever posted in the Map Threads is listed there; I went through them with a fine-toothed comb and gratuitous use of CTRL+F. :biggrin:
I too am grateful for all of Bruce's hard work, and also that my efforts are appreciated. Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.