Map Thread XIX

Status
Not open for further replies.
ever-base4-1.png

Most Recent Asian Sovereignty

Originally, I was going to do all the sub-continents of Asia separately as Europe, East Asia, South Asia, and West Asia. However, East and South Asia were not very interesting by themselves, so I lumped them all together with the West as Asia minus Europe and North Asia. By excluding North Asia, China can have a unique color as "trans-continental".

Last edited:
View attachment 546844

Originally, I was going to do all the sub-continents of Asia separately as Europe, East Asia, South Asia, and West Asia. However, East and South Asia were not very interesting by themselves, so I lumped them all together with the West as Asia minus Europe and North Asia. By excluding North Asia, China can have a unique color as "trans-continental".

Iraq for Abbasids? Since Damascus was the Umayyad capital shouldn't Andalusia be Syria coloured instead of Iraq? Also what are those colours in Georgia and Azerbaijan?

View attachment 546844

Sinai should be Israeli. Depends how official the annexation and occupation was. Did the Ottomans ever actually get that far into Ethiopia or was it one of the other Caliphates? I think Armenia should get the Nagarno place since they de facto have had it ever since independence. If people went with the territorial claims of Azerbaijan then I don’t know if there would still be a square foot of Armenian land anywhere. Very ambitious and irredentist goals. Also, Tuva used to be independent. And on your thing about the capital of the Ottoman Empire. When Ankara became the capital wasn’t that just Turkey, with the Sultan still in Istanbul before being given the boot? Either way, they didn’t half all the Balkans then.

Yes Abbasid capital was Baghdad. Umayyad capital however was Damascus and I am pretty sure Abbasids never controlled Andalus.

There was a small time gap between the Abbasid Takeover and the Umayyad Emir immigrating to al-Andalus to take it over for himself.
But even if we don't want to count the Abbasids, the Umayyad's last capital was in Turkey not Syria, and having Andalusia as the same color as Turkey could arguably be technically correct but also feels wrong.

Sinai should be Israeli. Depends how official the annexation and occupation was. Did the Ottomans ever actually get that far into Ethiopia or was it one of the other Caliphates? I think Armenia should get the Nagarno place since they de facto have had it ever since independence. If people went with the territorial claims of Azerbaijan then I don’t know if there would still be a square foot of Armenian land anywhere. Very ambitious and irredentist goals. Also, Tuva used to be independent. And on your thing about the capital of the Ottoman Empire. When Ankara became the capital wasn’t that just Turkey, with the Sultan still in Istanbul before being given the boot? Either way, they didn’t half all the Balkans then.

I don't count temporary occupations, so the Israeli Sinai is out for the same reason Italian Ethiopia doesn't count.
Apologies regarding Nagarno, my basemap doesn't show modern disputes, so it went over my head.
Nagarno and TannuTuva added.
As for the Ottomans/Turkey, Ankara doesn't matter. Istanbul and Bursa are what really matter for the map

ever-base4-1.png

KIWfZIa.png

I may go more in depth and label everything and make it look fancy, but I wanted to post what I had so far and it may just stay as this.

France at the death of Charles the Bold in 1504. This is part of my ongoing TL I have been posting. Please take a look at my other maps. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.