Map Thread XIX

Status
Not open for further replies.
Galician is actually considered in same group as Portuguese not Spanish. Also did not notice the distinction between Castilian and Aragonese Spanish.
Galician should be, that is my mistake. Also the union of the Spanish language was purposeful. It was standardized in the early 1800s as a modernization effort and minority languages were suppressed similar to French efforts in otl, but a little bit earlier.

WTF
I didn't think we could make a worse crusade than the one in 1204. 🤪
Another stunt by the doge of Venice? 😂
I don't know enough about the period to give you a constructive opinion, but it sounds interesting.
and a

With the recapture of the holy land and Anatolia relatively secure a crusade was called against Granada. Venice and Byzantines gathered in Rome. With no real direction the city was sacked and the Pope flees the city. In the aftermath the Byzantines, Sicily and Aragon go to war, in the aftermath Byzantines regain control of Southern Italy with emperor crowned King of Sicily. A new pope is elected under duress, whom makes lots of concessions to Emperor, thus splitting the church finally into Roman Catholics and Western Catholics. France, England and recently unified Spain recognize the Parisian Pope, with the most of the rest of Europe recognizing the Roman one.

Last edited:

Lusitania

Donor
Galician should be, that is my mistake. Also the union of the Spanish language was purposeful. It was standardized in the early 1800s as a modernization effort and minority languages were suppressed similar to French efforts in otl, but a little bit earlier.

and a

With the recapture of the holy land and Anatolia relatively secure a crusade was called against Granada. Venice and Byzantines gathered in Rome. With no real direction the city was sacked and the Pope flees the city. In the aftermath the Byzantines, Sicily and Aragon go to war, in the aftermath Byzantines regain control of Southern Italy with emperor crowned King of Sicily. A new pope is elected under duress, whom makes lots of concessions to Emperor, thus splitting the church finally into Roman Catholics and Western Catholics. France, England and recently unified Spain recognize the Parisian Pope, with the most of the rest of Europe recognizing the Roman one.
Is we are talking about 1900 in regards to Spanish I disagree. Majority of people were illiterate and would be speaking their own language. The Basque in North would also be completely different language. The elite might speak the standard Spanish but common people would not snd in many cases refuse.

French during the 19th century language program was very extensive education program bringing schools to all small towns and introducing a standard language. This was required because many areas had till the napoleanic era been under control of non French countries.

Is we are talking about 1900 in regards to Spanish I disagree. Majority of people were illiterate and would be speaking their own language. The Basque in North would also be completely different language. The elite might speak the standard Spanish but common people would not snd in many cases refuse.

French during the 19th century language program was very extensive education program bringing schools to all small towns and introducing a standard language. This was required because many areas had till the napoleanic era been under control of non French countries.
It may be impossible, but Spain ittl is much more wealthy and powerful than OTL. They came to dominate the East Indian trade and are one of the dominate colonial powers along with Germany and the Scots. Not as powerful as the UK in otl but about as powerful as otl France.

Lusitania

Donor
It may be impossible, but Spain ittl is much more wealthy and powerful than OTL. They came to dominate the East Indian trade and are one of the dominate colonial powers along with Germany and the Scots. Not as powerful as the UK in otl but about as powerful as otl France.
But the basque are not going to adopt Spanish they have a distinct language that regardless of TL is distinct. Their language survived Roman conquest.

So normally I would just walk by maps like this because most of the time they are showing a form of administrative top language for their mapping, instead of the actual distribution of the languages throughout a geographic area. This, however, doesn't seem like that's the case with the shaded areas of overlap. So, being one of the many local language nerds, I have a couple questions.

German, or at least what I can assume is German, is shown here to be an entire uniform blob. This hardly reflects OTL and I feel as if in a TL where Germany holds even more land, the issues between mutual intellgibility would be even worse. Was there some governmental policy that went into this or how exactly did venacular German standardize so well from all of the dialects and near-languages (Swiss German, Low German, Central German, Franconian, etc...) from whatever the POD is.

Basque is shown here as just being gone, now I'm just curious, you mentioned Spain as being much more powerful in this TL, okay, I'll give you that. You compared them to the British Empire, but even that, for example in OTL, didn't destroy the Welsh language. I'm just curious about your reasoning that one of the most isolated and resilient languages in Europe would fold into the Spanish realm so easily.

What's going on with Portugal?

You seem to represent Arabic, or what I assume to be Arabic, as a single language here. That's okay if you're doing it from a modern sense, but Modern Standard Arabic still isn't the lingua franca of the Middle East, not to mention the lack of any Berber languages in Morocco, or Assyrian and Kurdish in Mesopotamia. My question here is basically just my question about German.

As far as I can tell, language families seem to be represented by color, but I can't be for sure. What's the green in the middle of Anatolia? Galatian? Turkic? Arabic?

What appears to be Polish holds sway over quite an impressive area, if we had more context, I might be able to judge my exact feelings on that. But given that even during the Polish-Lithuanian commonwealth, Belarusian (read: Ruthenian) was on it's way to becoming the most spoken language in the Grand Duchy of Lithuania, I would love to see how that happened/is justified.

The mess in the Balkans is too much of normal Balkana mess to make out most of what's going on, that's not on you, that's the Balkans in general. But what's going on with that island of Bulgarian over in Romania?

On the topic of Romania, was there some form of Hungarian Empire to get the same linguistic borders that we were familiar with OTL with Magyar Transylvania?

The green in what is now of days Ukraine, just looking at it, to me comes off as a dialect of Rus or maybe even one of the Turkic languages, again, I don't have enough context to work off of here. I have nothing wrong with that, but I think it would do a service to show the languages of the North Caucasus region. Unless in your TL they've been utterly destroyed for whatever reason, but historically, Chechen, Alan, Abkhaz, so on and so forth, have held out against Empire after Empire.

The situation in Finland strikes me as odd only because of color, I understand that Finnish is being shown, but it's color is so close to Swedish it seems as if they're meant to be in the same family here. Personally, maybe make Finnic languages more in the shades of whites/greys with the normal color scheme for Finland, just a thought.

I like your inclusion of Livonian separate from Estonian.

Is the pink in Normandy supposed to be an English based Germanic language or a French based Romance?

The situation with the Celtic languages are coming off as odd, it seems as if there's two main colors you've used for what amounts to a fair more. Welsh, Manx, Breton, Scots Gaelic, Irish, what's that situation like?

Also, the prominent use of Greek seems to indicate a much earlier POD, but some of the other parts of the map are oddly convergent or anachronistic if that is the case. Greek supplanting Albanian is something I think has similar problems to what's going on with Basque. And what's the situation in Israel...? Been kinda staring at it the whole time I wrote this.

None of this is me trying to be mean! Just love languages and when I see maps about them I kinda pop a little. Happy mapping! Hoping to see what you do in the future.

Map of langauges of ANglo-Norway.png

This is a Language map of the ''united kingdoms of breoten and norway'' (breoten being anglo-saxon Britain) the nation is essantially a continuation of the north sea empire

Last edited:
Ardulkhadra (Europe without a Roman Empire)
ptzsja2oimx41.png

Ardulkhadra, the ‘Land of Green’ is a subcontinent on the massive continent of Aryosina (Asia). This is a very unique place of land, representing a culture clash between Chirstians, Muslims, Pagans and Animists.

The continent was home to two different general cultural and geographic regions, the North and the Medditeranian basin. The North was always historically Pagan/Animist, but the medditeranian region was a major melting point. It was originally dominated by greeks and carthaginians, but now is mainly under islamic culture, with a lot of christian influences.

There has been quite a bit of a merger between medditeranian and north european culture in the last millenium, mainly due to islamic outreach onto the atlantic coast and Shamlohrd (Scandinavia). There have also been large christian movements in the Caucasus and the Balkans. Let us look over some of the countries in this continent.

Albayun: Originally a strong foothold of Celtic traditions, Albayun became very much islamicized by secularist sufi muslims from the Yasrid sect. The islands are now staunchly entrenched in that religion, and have since spread it to nearby Shamlorhd and later, nearly all corners of the world as the Bayunu managed to control the largest naval empire in all of history, even surpassing Nusantara, Oman, Galliard, Andalus and even China in terms of it's outreach. It was the heartland of the industrial revolution, and today stands as a very wealthy and highly developed country.

Galliard: Once a region full of divided tribes and warring states, Galliard has united into the true powerhouse of Ardulkhadra. This is a massive nation with over a hundred million souls, which is one of the world's richest countries and of near superpower status. This country represents Ardulkhadra more than any other, being a half pagan half muslim nation with several diverse culturers, united under the Galliardian banner. There is a general divide between the Muslims in the coast and the Kalqui pagans in the valleys, but these are generally fading away in favor of a pan Gallian identity, and in many places these religions blend together. The country is also home to a thriving culinary, music and art culture, well known all over the world.

Shamlohrd: A country located on the peninsula of the same name at the north of Ardulkhadra, the Shamlohrdis used to once be feared naval pirates and plunderers. With the arrival of Yasrid preachers from Albayun, they began to settle, and today have the world’s highest living standards.

Suomilard: A massive nation located in the far north of the subcontinent, Suomilard has felt a fair bit of Yasrid influence, but it remains mainly Suomic pagan to this day. It is known as a stereotypical winter wonderland, with snowly landscapes dominating the countryside. The country also has a high living standard.

Guhthia: One of the more pagan inclined regions of Ardulkhadra, Guhthia is generally known as strange yet cultured. It is well known for its magnificent temple architecture and culinary traditions, as well as oppression by Galliardian kingdoms to the east. Guthia has managed to survive, and today is known as one of the more prominent of the Deuchian cultures of Ardulkhadra, sometimes even surpassing Qhadilard. The country mainly follows Kalqui paganism, along with some Romuvi and Islamic influence in the north.

Ghbsida: A generally small and quaint little country, Ghbsida is a mostly pagan, Deuchian country, not too different from Guhthia. The country once used to be at the helm of a large empire, but is now a quaint little corner in Ardulkhadra.

Romuvia: This is probably the most staunchly pagan region of Ardulkhadra, with these traditions being well integrated into the nations government itself. The country is a small nation located around the Baltic sea, and is home to a very unique group of people with interesting customs and traditions. It is not a very wealthy country by Ardulkhadran standards, but is definitely a unique place worth a visit.

Mukhranam: Another Kalqui pagan and Deuchian country, Mukhranam is a leading center for finance and business. It was devastated heavity by wars in the last century, but has risen up and become a fairly prominent power. The country has a rich poetic culture as well as a well known literature tradition.

Qhadilard: Descended from the mighty Qhadian kingdoms, this country is the leading Deuchian power, having a big militaristic and slightly authoritarian government, tracing its roots to the Deuchardian State that terrorised Ardulkhadra in the last century before breaking up. It is mostly in decline now, but it is still a cultured nation, even if they are losing it due to emigration and harsh government policy.

Datshia: Datshia is a small country, with a rich history as it is descended from the legendary Dacians of years prior, which used to be a major civilization in years prior. Their strength is long gone, but they still manage to hold out as a fairly significant power.

Arrus: The number two power in Ardulkhadra, Arrus is a large and powerful nation, with a massive agricultural economy and population. Descended from the old Slavic people, Arrus was islamicized by large numbers of missionaries and is now a strong bastion of the sunni islamic faith. Many languages are spoken here, but they all stand up for the Arruski identity that binds them together.

Kwimyina: This is not a very much Ardulkhadran power, but half of its population lies west of the Dulkhadi mountains. Kwimyina is a massive and vast country spanning the northern regions of Aryosina, with a sparsely populated population. It has a massive agriculture and technology industry, and is mainly of mixed muslim and tengri in population. There are many smaller ethnicities that live in the Kwimyini Federation, which each have their own cultures.

Bulghur: A small country hailing from what was once a northern region of Kwimyina, the Bulghuris managed to stand down invasions from their three stronger neighbors. They have a strange Slavo-uralic culture.

Bespouran: The last remnant of the once mighty Scytian culture (with Greek influence), Bespouran is one of the stronger powers in Ardulkhadra. It has always been known for its strong warriors, but is now one of the leading countries in athletics in the world. Although it was once a wealthy kingdom, the country has been in decline for centuries, but still is well known in the region. The country mainly is sunni muslim, like their neighbors, with some christian influence.

Mcyarnep: Mcyarnep traces its origins to the Hunnic empire, and is now a quaint little country in the caucasus. It is kind of irrelevant, but well known for its food and dance. Its population mainly subscribes to Gnostic Christianity.

Imertia: This is a very strange country with a bizarre language and customs, but it is a beautiful yet secludied country. Imertia has many historical wonders and sights, and is today a mainly Gnostic country.

Oguzstan: Oguzstan is a nation based in the Southern Caucasus as well as Central Asia, being the leading Turkic nation and the heir to some mighty empires of the past. It has prospered from being on the center of silk road trade, and is a country with a very artsy and old timey flare. It is well known for its TV dramas.

Hayastan: Hayastan is home to the world’s largest Christian population, which is divided into a ton of different sects and branches. Hayastan is home to a very large mining and industrial economy, as well as a thriving art culture. It has a formidable military, and is often considered as a major regional power.

Ellaida: Probably being the most well known of the Christian countries of the world and the progenitor of Ardulkhadran civilisation, Ellaida is a large, wealthy and powerful nation. Its capital of Byzantium is the largest city in the subcontinent, and it has had a very prosperous history for nearly all of its existence. It is a major trade, transportation, industrial and economic powerhouse, as it has been for thousands of years. It is the seat of power for the Byzantine Pauline Church, the largest chirstian branch in the world.

Morea: Morea was one of the regions of Ellaida that was more inclined toward paganism, and it has long since left the sphere of Ellaida. It follows a reformed branch of old Hellenic paganism, and is today a country with an industry mainly built around tourism and trade. The region of Crete, although having a similar religion, wishes to break away from Morea soon.

Trakya: Trakya is one of the three Danubu states in the region, the others being Samtira and Muoisea. The people from Trakya are descended from the oldest of the Danubu cultures, and have built up a reputation hailing from them. The country is a large producer of Roses and Yogurt, and is Byzantine Christian, like the other Danubu states.

Samtira: Samtria is a mixed Datshian-Danubu-Duechian (yeah a lot of D’s) culture with a staunch Byzantine religious background. Pagan influences are still widespread though, and the country has a reputation for being very weird.

Muoisea: This is the largest of the Danubu countries, with the strongest economy and the largest population. Muoisea is a rich country, which has recovered from years of occupation under the Duechian Union and has since progressed into a land ruled by market forces, although this has raised some concerns in the public eye due to poor living standards. It is mostly Byzantine Christian, but has become very secular.

Paharndora: One of the two Illiric nations, the other being Illiri of course. Paharndora is similar to its southern neighbor, other than the fact that it subscribes to Kalqui paganism. It has recently gained independence after a brutal occupation under the Duechian Union.

Illiri: Not too different from Paharndora, Illiri is a Byzantine Christian country. It has a small economy, but it is growing faster than other countries in the region. Investment and development from Ellaida has spurred its growth, and it could be a major regional power soon.

Atrushka: This country is one of the major centers of art in the entire world, and was once at the forefront of technological progress. Atrushka is a very unique culture, having been descended from the ancient atrushkan tribes that inhabited the area. It is mainly islamic today, but quite a bit of the population still follows a form of paganism similar to that of Morea. Atrushka is home to many brilliantly designed mosques, palaces and ancient temples, which the world scrambles to see.

Lighuria: Lighuria is a Germanic-Celtic nation, not too different from the makeup of Albayun. It is home to a fruitful agricultural, tourism and financial economy, home to some technological smart cities that blend futuristic tech with old temples and streets. It is well known for its cuisine, admired across the world.

Uskara: Ardulkhadra is full of weird countries, languages and cultures, but this is probably the weirdest of them all. Uskara is home to people who speak a practically alien language, with some odd cultures that have been preserved in the face of Andalusi and Galliardian invasions and rule. The country mainly follows a bizarre feminist islamic religion.

Andalus: Andalus is one of the more influential and grandiose of the Ardulkhadran nations, and it mainly has done this by being a pioneer in exploration and conquest, conquering massive swaths of land in the Elmahnjran continents to the west. Today it is a wealthy and prosperous nation, and the Andalusian dialect of Arabic is practically the main language of the world.

So normally I would just walk by maps like this because most of the time they are showing a form of administrative top language for their mapping, instead of the actual distribution of the languages throughout a geographic area. This, however, doesn't seem like that's the case with the shaded areas of overlap. So, being one of the many local language nerds, I have a couple questions.
I decided to make a better version of the map, and also explain some of my choices.
German, or at least what I can assume is German, is shown here to be an entire uniform blob. This hardly reflects OTL and I feel as if in a TL where Germany holds even more land, the issues between mutual intellgibility would be even worse. Was there some governmental policy that went into this or how exactly did venacular German standardize so well from all of the dialects and near-languages (Swiss German, Low German, Central German, Franconian, etc...) from whatever the POD is.
I added the German regions. In the west is Burgundian German. It has many borrowed words from French. In the early 1800s it was standardized as Burgundy became the hegemon of the German states and is the administrative dialect of Germany.

In northwest are the Franconian languages, which have many legal terms borrowed from French due to crossover with administration from Burgundians. Then in the east you have central, low and high German. Local dialects are taught in schools, very little if any language control by the government. High German is gradually shrinking some however.
Basque is shown here as just being gone, now I'm just curious, you mentioned Spain as being much more powerful in this TL, okay, I'll give you that. You compared them to the British Empire, but even that, for example in OTL, didn't destroy the Welsh language. I'm just curious about your reasoning that one of the most isolated and resilient languages in Europe would fold into the Spanish realm so easily.

Basque is added back. It does make sense it wouldn't be supplanted by 1900.
What's going on with Portugal?
It is being replaced with Spanish as Spanish is the language taught in schools. It is a slow dying out process that the government instituted to help centralize the empire (I posted a political map a few pages back).
You seem to represent Arabic, or what I assume to be Arabic, as a single language here. That's okay if you're doing it from a modern sense, but Modern Standard Arabic still isn't the lingua franca of the Middle East, not to mention the lack of any Berber languages in Morocco, or Assyrian and Kurdish in Mesopotamia. My question here is basically just my question about German.

The red area near Anatolia is Kurdish, there was a large migration of people escaping the Mongols who never enter Anatolia ittl. I added the languages in North Africa. Yellowish are the Berber languages. Green hues are arabic.

Libyan Arabic is shown in light purple because it was formally Greek territory until 1800s and has some Greek linguistic influences. Honestly Arabic dialects should probably be MORE divided than this because of the political history is much more divided than OTL., but I am not really sure how to split it much more, open to suggestions.

South of Persia is Aramaic, but more persian influence.
As far as I can tell, language families seem to be represented by color, but I can't be for sure. What's the green in the middle of Anatolia? Galatian? Turkic? Arabic?

Surviving Turkish languages, I am not sure what dialects would be most likely to survive. Language is under long period of harsh oppression.
What appears to be Polish holds sway over quite an impressive area, if we had more context, I might be able to judge my exact feelings on that. But given that even during the Polish-Lithuanian commonwealth, Belarusian (read: Ruthenian) was on it's way to becoming the most spoken language in the Grand Duchy of Lithuania, I would love to see how that happened/is justified.
Added Polish dialects. Low Polish, High Polish, Galician (differentiated over time as it was a separate political entity) and Eastern Polish (notable lack of Latin and German loanwords as in other Polish dialects, presence of Greek and other Slavic loanwords)) . The area west of Galicia speaks Ruthenian, it was a buffer state established and many Rusyn people settled there displacing the Hungarian and Polish speakers there.

Poland came to dominate the Lithuanian area. A lack of Rus unification meant that the Polish people were able to conquer lands further East and were less under threat than otl. Lithuania never existed as a distinct independent unit and the language did not spread much out of the local region.
The mess in the Balkans is too much of normal Balkana mess to make out most of what's going on, that's not on you, that's the Balkans in general. But what's going on with that island of Bulgarian over in Romania?

On the topic of Romania, was there some form of Hungarian Empire to get the same linguistic borders that we were familiar with OTL with Magyar Transylvania?
Bulgarians migrated there during OTL, I thought it happened earlier than it did, so I removed them. That was a mistake in my research haha.

The Magyar were there before the POD so I didn't change that area, however there is a more easterly Hungary which can be seen on the political map.
The green in what is now of days Ukraine, just looking at it, to me comes off as a dialect of Rus or maybe even one of the Turkic languages, again, I don't have enough context to work off of here. I have nothing wrong with that, but I think it would do a service to show the languages of the North Caucasus region. Unless in your TL they've been utterly destroyed for whatever reason, but historically, Chechen, Alan, Abkhaz, so on and so forth, have held out against Empire after Empire.
Ukranian area is a rus language, as is the language to the north. They are similar so I changed the shades.

I added the Caucasian languages. I actually decided that a large Turkish migration from Anatolia should have occured. The Green languages in this area are Turkic languages, red/ pink are Caucasian.
The situation in Finland strikes me as odd only because of color, I understand that Finnish is being shown, but it's color is so close to Swedish it seems as if they're meant to be in the same family here. Personally, maybe make Finnic languages more in the shades of whites/greys with the normal color scheme for Finland, just a thought.

I like your inclusion of Livonian separate from Estonian.
I fixed the Finnish color.

Is the pink in Normandy supposed to be an English based Germanic language or a French based Romance?

English based Germanic language. Normandy was held by England for 150 years or so (not sure exact timeline) and language overlap become very great. Which drained resources and allowed Scotland to become much more powerful. French is still a large minority language in the area mostly in villages and such.

I also added the langues o'il in France.

The situation with the Celtic languages are coming off as odd, it seems as if there's two main colors you've used for what amounts to a fair more. Welsh, Manx, Breton, Scots Gaelic, Irish, what's that situation like?

Scottish is the dominate language replacing Scots. Scotland, Ireland and Wales are unified. Scottish is gradually replacing the other languages as modernization occurs. Much less dying off than seen in OTL because Scottish are not actively oppressing the other languages, just a gradual decline as centralization occurs.

Also, the prominent use of Greek seems to indicate a much earlier POD, but some of the other parts of the map are oddly convergent or anachronistic if that is the case. Greek supplanting Albanian is something I think has similar problems to what's going on with Basque. And what's the situation in Israel...? Been kinda staring at it the whole time I wrote this.
Israel is controlled by the Greeks as is Tunis since the 1300s. Greek is the lingua franca, It is likely to be a very minor majority of speakers. Maybe I should change it.

I do agree that Greek probably would not supplant Albanian with the POD. Honestly I just thought it was interesting. Changed.

None of this is me trying to be mean! Just love languages and when I see maps about them I kinda pop a little. Happy mapping! Hoping to see what you do in the future.

aKkRA2H.png

The continent was home to two different general cultural and geographic regions, the North and the Medditeranian basin. The North was always historically Pagan/Animist, but the medditeranian region was a major melting point. It was originally dominated by greeks and carthaginians, but now is mainly under islamic culture, with a lot of christian influences.

There has been quite a bit of a merger between medditeranian and north european culture in the last millenium, mainly due to islamic outreach onto the atlantic coast and Shamlohrd (Scandinavia). There have also been large christian movements in the Caucasus and the Balkans. Let us look over some of the countries in this continent.
This doesn't seem very realistic. Not only was Jesus born almost thirty years after the foundation of the Roman Empire (though it's likely the Roman Republic never existed ITTL too, so that puts the POD at maximum five centuries before Christ was born), making any recognizeable version of Christianity unlikely to appear, one of the only reasons the religion even became Christian was due to the ease information could travel with in the highly interconnected Roman Empire. No Roman Empire means that Christianity--assuming it even develops--would probably be relegated to some weird offshoot of Judaism relegated to the Levant.

With that in mind, Islam existing at all seems almost impossible, much less Islam ascending past even the heights it reached IOTL.

This doesn't seem very realistic. Not only was Jesus born almost thirty years after the foundation of the Roman Empire (though it's likely the Roman Republic never existed ITTL too, so that puts the POD at maximum five centuries before Christ was born), making any recognizeable version of Christianity unlikely to appear, one of the only reasons the religion even became Christian was due to the ease information could travel with in the highly interconnected Roman Empire. No Roman Empire means that Christianity--assuming it even develops--would probably be relegated to some weird offshoot of Judaism relegated to the Levant.

With that in mind, Islam existing at all seems almost impossible, much less Islam ascending past even the heights it reached IOTL.
Honestly with PODs that early any modern world would probably be nearly completely unrecognizable. It is even unlikely we end up with similar technological levels with Arab and European advancements. China is very likely to be the dominant superpower of this world.

Damned good show, my friend! Not often people are willing to take helpful criticism to their works! All in all though, it's a very interesting setup even before the changes!
Yes, I am trying to set up the backstory and then game out a Great war analogue. :)

Mexico wanks are rare. I'll take what I can get (also Oh god I just realized that the colonial empire that registered as British to me at the start is Mexican. That is a real Mexico wank. I respect that). Is it a republic or an empire (if the second, what house)? Not sure how to feel about Germany. On one hand it is a disunited mess of French (actually Triple Bourbon/Bonaparte monarchy would probably be more accurate than France) puppets but on the other hand the only exception to that is Prussia-Poland. And I really like Prussia-Poland. I imagine 2017 is an artifact from the basemap and 1900-1950 (most probably to the earlier side of this) is the more correct date? A bit disappointing to see that only Prussian colony is Sudan however. Also native run *Nigeria with three Southern/Dixie *Liberias if I am reading this right?

Mexico wanks are rare. I'll take what I can get (also Oh god I just realized that the colonial empire that registered as British to me at the start is Mexican. That is a real Mexico wank. I respect that). Is it a republic or an empire (if the second, what house)? Not sure how to feel about Germany. On one hand it is a disunited mess of French (actually Triple Bourbon/Bonaparte monarchy would probably be more accurate than France) puppets but on the other hand the only exception to that is Prussia-Poland. And I really like Prussia-Poland. I imagine 2017 is an artifact from the basemap and 1900-1950 (most probably to the earlier side of this) is the more correct date? A bit disappointing to see that only Prussian colony is Sudan however. Also native run *Nigeria with three Southern/Dixie *Liberias if I am reading this right?
Mexico wank, France wank AND Brit screw. Very uncommon for a map posted to this site, I must say.

Mexico wank, France wank AND Brit screw. Very uncommon for a map posted to this site, I must say.
There's quite a few British screws on the site, some entire TLs based around the idea. It's just an idea that has gotten done to death on the site, much like many AH tropes and ideas, so there aren't a lot of maps that focus on it anymore.

Status
Not open for further replies.