Map Thread XIX

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nice map and cool scenario! How exactly do you play a map game with yourself? I tried to do the same thing ages ago, but it never really worked out.

Don't know how @tungsterismapping does it but I do it all the time. What I do is find a base map and then edit it year by year while also saving all those maps. In the end it leads to a bunch of maps editted in Paint that are impossible to share on this site since there is about 30 of them in minimum. Not all but a lot of the maps I post are actually from solo map games. (Edit: I mostly simply post the latest one when I post from them, I have about 3 "solo map games" that are stopped because they are at 2020 and also another one at 2020 that I have been wanting to turn into a full timeline (probably a Graphics TL and not a writing focused one) sometime so I am working to give it some depth)

Last edited:
A revised map of the 500 districts of the Confederal Assembly, the Union of American Realm's unitary legislature.

ddj6mja-ffc4845e-4d30-4f66-87d2-05af1d754c25.png

Last edited:
View attachment 540311

The Year is 1942, the month of January. It has been seven months since the appearance of Earth's twin planet, Mondas and the corresponding invasion of Earth by our twins, the Cybermen. To think only seven months ago we were tearing each other's throats out and now are in a desperate alliance against a global invasion of cybernetic humans. I guess we should talk about where this all began, it was June 21st, 1941, when lights were spotted dashing across the entire planet, people immediately dismissed them as shooting stars, but there were more, thousands of these lights appeared in the skies of almost every nation. Nobody knew what they were. Then the landings started, in every major nation's capital the Cybermen landed.

Most capitals fell overnight, with prominent world leaders like Winston Churchill and Benito Mussolini dying in the crossfire, other individuals were captured and converted into Cybermen, like the royal family, Hermann Goring and saddest of all, President Roosevelt. Otherworld leaders were able to escape mostly unharmed and had to try to explain what just happened, unfortunately these weren't the only landings. Following the first incursions, more of the cybermen soldiers landed with what we deem as "Processing." ships. They began started rapidly capturing territory first targetting major urban centers and then expanding outwards as the Cybermens forces slowly expanded. The Cybermen also attacked vital military points, with a specific focus on the border between the soviet union and nazi germany destroying majority of the forces on both sides of the borders, and taking any captured for processing.

That was Seventh months ago, and the only thing that has kept humanity alive has been the furiousity of Japanese soldiers, even though majority of their mainland was captured have been fighting like hell to prevent any more destruction. The Soviets who like the Japanese have been fighting like hell against the "Silver Turks." as they call them, our best scientist across the world be it German, American or British trying their best to reverse engineer Cyber tech. But our best advantage is that the cybermen did not do well in combat in hot or jungle filled environments, making it a fair fight when combat occurred in the desert and jungle.

We currently do not know how many Cybermen there are if they have been converted captured populace into more of them, but it has to be in the tens of millions. We have been able to down a few transport ships that were heading back to Mondas, and have found tens of thousands of the bastards on board, but hey more technology for us to research. The Silver menace is still marching, but have been slowed down by our efforts. I pray to God that maybe we can try to push back against this tide.
I bet it's gonna take one man to help rally the troops and roll back the tide, but all he (or she) has is a blue box and a (sonic) screwdriver. ;)

I bet it's gonna take one man to help rally the troops and roll back the tide, but all he (or she) has is a blue box and a (sonic) screwdriver. ;)
bit curious, without the Doctor do you think humanity can actually push back the Cybermen. (This is in there first ever model, the traditional Mondasian cybermen)

It depends on how many cybermen that are invading. Enough firepower can kill more or less anything.
Well, the Cybermen, when they landed, were only a few million, but they have been converting a majority of any population centers they have captured into more Cybermen.

Well, the Cybermen, when they landed, were only a few million, but they have been converting a majority of any population centers they have captured into more Cybermen.

Ah, ok.

Unless the remaining powers start carpet bombing the place with gold dust...yeah, Earth is totally screwed.

There's always a way, maybe a computer virus? (taking inspiration from S31 during the Dominion War on DS9)
This is 1942. Computers are building-sized calculators. I don't think the concept of a computer virus even exists on Earth.

However, they might try biological or chemical weapons on the cybermen.

Last edited:
Ah, ok.

Unless the remaining powers start carpet bombing the place with gold dust...yeah, Earth is totally screwed.

This is 1942. Computers are building-sized calculators. I don't think the concept of a computer virus even exists on Earth.

I am gonna post a map of 1950...you will see how humanity is doing after 9 years

Ah, ok.

also, may I ask how do you think each of the majors and even leaders would have reacted to the Cybermen.

the silver tide 1950.png

Nine Years, Nine years of War and we have barely anything to show for it. Here let me continue where I left off. The Cybermen advance had slowed but still continued throughout 1942. Luckily for us, with the development of better technology, we were able to create better tanks, guns, and bombers to fight the cybermen with. The Russians first began making slight pushbacks into 43 which quickly turned into a full-on counter-attack into Ukraine in 44. The Italians and French worked together to make push backs against the Cybermen in France and Italy and offered aid to Britian, with the British dropping the first atomic bomb on London which had been turned into a conversion center.

The world was shocked, we finally actually had an advantage on the cybermen, a destructive advantage which could backfire on us, but an advantage none the less, thus began the great push back, in the Americas atomic bombs were used in Detroit and Philadelphia to take out major east coast cyber armies, allowing American armies to reclaim much of the east coast. In china after massive battles between tens of millions of cybermen and tens of millions of the Chinese, they were able to reclaim the majority of China.

Not all countries were lucky, the Cybermen continued to push throughout Japan, launching an invasion into Manchuria and Korea, by 1946 the Emperor was surrounded and went out fighting with his personal guard. But it looked like Cybermen would be stuck in Japan because the rest of Southeast Asia would be most likely inhospitable to them. In America, the West coast advance had been halted entirely at the Dakotas and the Germans under the command of Rommel had created a stable front line at Hamburg.

It seemed that maybe the war could be won in a few years and that the silver menace would be defeated. That hope was dashed in 47, when the silver bastard landed brand new troops, more advanced, more logical and far more mechanical. Gone was the bulky front and giant headpiece, it was a sleek new design. A design that could fight well in arid climates. Immediately the push backs were halted, and we found ourselves on the retreat, as the Cybermen quickly approached the Mississippi. In Russia, the Cybermen expanded from there baltic fortresses north capturing Lenin grad and pushing further north, even invading and capturing Finland.

In Germany, the once-mighty Wehrmacht was sent into disarray as the new models of cybermen pushed against them, slaughtering them in droves. That was three years ago and once again we find ourselves in a dire position, with our scientist trying their best to study this new cyber technology to try to turn the tide. We have resorted to using the atomic bomb in scorched earth tactics, dropping them across battlefields leaving large chunks of the earth uninhabitable for years. It seems the older models have begun being phased out, in many places, some being kept around in command and officer roles, while others seem to be processed again into the newer models.

I pray to God, hoping victory can be salvaged from what looks like the edge of defeat.

Isaac Beach

Banned
ddv6l7h-0cb235d9-6ef7-4b1d-8b95-ba8002bf7e6d.png

~

APPLE TREES ON MARS

Now is your chance to start anew on the Red Planet! With Martian terraforming nearing completion, you can secure up to a hectare of premium real estate and an all-expenses paid ticket to Vladimir Spaceport, to be temporarily housed in one of our world-class condominium apartments, for just ₽200,000! Trade slummy, frozen Moscow for the temperate rainforests of Krasnogorsk. Behold the thrilling ravine races of Tikhov, or relish the apple orchards of Vladimir. You'll find more job opportunities, better public services, and cleaner air than anywhere on Earth, and a community ready to embrace you and your family. But hurry, this is a limited time offer and plots are selling fast! For a better tomorrow, inquire at our Moscow Office or visit www.PMИГ.pyc for more information.

~

A special thanks to @Serafim for translating the text and his suggestions for the colonial cities (Krasnogorsk, Tolstoy, Tikhov and Novo-Arkhangelsk), and various etymologies. I'm also writing an accompanying short story that I'll either get published or, failing that, post to my DA. So if you're interested keep an eye out. This might be pushing the limits of what constitutes a 'map', admittedly, but I still think it fits here.

Last edited:
ddv6l7h-3ffcd097-dc5c-49c9-99e3-822ac4600a5c.png

~

APPLE TREES ON MARS

Now is your chance to start anew on the Red Planet! With Martian terraforming nearing completion, you can secure up to a hectare of premium real estate and an all-expenses paid ticket to Vladimir Spaceport, to be temporarily housed in one of our world-class condominium apartments, for just ₽200,000! Trade slummy, frozen Moscow for the temperate rainforests of Krasnogorsk. Behold the thrilling ravine races of Tikhov, or relish the apple orchards of Vladimir. You'll find more job opportunities, better public services, and cleaner air than anywhere on Earth, and a community ready to embrace you and your family. But hurry, this is a limited time offer and plots are selling fast! For a better tomorrow, inquire at our Moscow Office or visit www.PMИГ.pyc for more information.

~

A special thanks to @Serafim for translating the text and his suggestions for the colonial cities (Krasnogorsk, Tolstoy, Tikhov and Novo-Arkhangelsk), and various etymologies. I'm also writing an accompanying short story that I'll either get published or, failing that, post to my DA. So if you're interested keep an eye out. This might be pushing the limits of what constitutes a 'map', admittedly, but I still think it fits here.
is the name "APPLE TREES ON MARS" a reference to this absolute beautiful Soviet song?

the silver tide 1963.png

We are in Desperate times, last I spoke with you, it was the year 1950. thirteen years have past and we are in our most dire hour in the war. So...let me catch you up to speed. The cyber armies kept on marching, but due to some lucky battles and the downing of cyber aircraft, we were able to capture essential technology and began reverse-engineering it. By 53, our brand new tanks and bombs were being built, just in time as we are able to stop a global cyber offensive, and began to push them back into a stalemate.

Other countries such as China and Russia, they began making push backs, with the Russians driving deeper into Poland and occupied Germany slowly and the Chinese using every man woman and child to reclaim land lost. The Canadians made the final push back and were able to reclaim lost land, and it looked like the cyber menace would be stopped at Missippi as we once again across the globe stabilized the lines.

That's when we met their warriors, I can remember vividly these new Cybers walking down the steps, brandishing guns we had never seen before and laying waste into our soldiers. These Cybermen seemed bent to both kill and convert, while previous models primary instinct seemed to be converted and kill only if needed. These Cybermen were brutal tacticians and warriors, and had even perfected ways of processing. You see at the start of the warrior, it took almost nine years to convert 40% of occupied populations.

New processing methods it only took about a year to convert 90% of occupied populations. The older models were relegated to command roles in previous models case, and or enforcement duty in the case of the originals. So...once again we were on the retreat, nuking our own land to kingdom come, but the cybermen kept advancing, with landings in Siberia, they rapidly overtook much of Russia, leaving the Russians fighting the Cybermen on two fronts by 1955. In Africa, the cybermen rapidly conquered much of the continent. In these dark hours, we have had to resort to the darkest and cruelest of deeds to preserve our survival.

Humanity has resorted to using child labor and soldiers. We have established Breeding programs to try to keep the population up. Our worst crimes though is that if it looks like if a population center will be captured by the Cybermen, local military and law enforcement would go out aided by priest or rabbis or any local religious authority, and make sure the Cybermen could not process any of the people there, by putting a bullet into them after giving them there last rights, or last confession.

I had family in California, a sister, and brother...I wonder if any of these silver bastards are them, or if they were able like many other Californian refugees able to escape to Hawaii. It chills me at times to think about that. Honestly, I can't imagine what other soldiers think, possibly gunning down their former countrymen, hell former leaders, I heard the story of Robert Taft Jr having to put a bullet through his converted father during the liberation of Ohio back in 48.

Hitler and Stalin are still alive surprisingly. Hitler leading the last bits of the nazis in Denmark. Stalin is still there as ever. Its quite humorous that those two stuck around, where all other leaders who were at the start of this war parished, well them and Wallace who is still President. I do wonder if Democracy will come back when the Cybermen are defeated...well if they are defeated.

But there is some hope, we have been able to reverse engineer some technology, and have realized that Gold may clog up their vents possibly killing them. More test will have to be done. But there is more, in Britain, an old man with an odd blue police box has offered his help to the world, and by all accounts after some investigation, it seems the man is an alien...I guess aliens are real.

The man calls himself the Doctor and is quite mysterious, but also very wise. He has already been providing help on the European front. It seems incredibly dire, but we may be able to pull victory after all.

Status
Not open for further replies.