Map Thread XIX

Status
Not open for further replies.
A little thing I whipped up for @Tomislav Addai 's Thematic Map challenge.

pretan.png

#ThematicChallenge1

And another one!

WanksNigertoMorocco.png

Sources and inspiration: Morocco got some inspiration from SRegan's "Cradle World" map, as well as from "Minarets of Atlantis." There's a bit of Tormsen's Chinese federation in the Burma/Myanmar map, some of Nugax's early work in the Netherlands map, and a touch of "Gate of Worlds" in the New Zealand map.

1586730933407.png

#Thematicmapchallenge1
Religion in the West is split into the many denominations of Christendom and other Abrahamic Religions.
Carthaginian Church: born from the followers of Donatus, who rejected priest who they considered traditors and sinners.
Insular Catholics: They follow the pope of Rome as the supreme bishop, but differs from the regular Catholics due to a greater focus on spiritualism and personal faith.
Frisian Brethren: Evangelical Baptist movement that believes in triple baptism, evening communion, holy kisses, and humility.
Zaharraks: a Basque folk protestant movement, they rejected priests, icons, and follow an individualistic spirtualist form of Christianity.
Gracians: born from the followers of Pelagius, the Gracians reject divine grace in exchange for moral perfection from human free will. They also rejected baptism and original sin.
Punics: binitrinarianism.

Last edited:
Map of Triagia from the Riftwar Cycle books at the eave of the Riftwar.

[Had to go fix a mistake on the map, will post the updated version asap]

Midkemia_2.0.png

Took a bit longer than expected to fix the mistake as I managed to forget to save this map in xcf, luckily I still had the base map. Plus a couple of small changes.

Midkemia_5.0.png

Basemap for those interested
Midkemia_Base_Map.png

Looks nice! Is the Western Kingdom an independent state? Is it in some sort of union with the Eastern Kingdom?

Thanks!

The Eastern and Western Kingdoms are two halves of the Kingdom of the Isles. The Eastern Kingdom is ruled directly by the King in the capital of Rillanon, while the Western Kingdom is ruled by the Prince of Kondor that is traditionally the heir to the Kingdom of the Isles.

Given the map is of the start of the Rift War, its King Roderc IV conDoin that rules in Rillanon with Erland conDoin, Roderc’s uncle, as Prince of Kondor. Bellow them are their Chancellors (kinda like Prime-Ministers) that traditionally are awarded the title of Duke, in the East its Caldric of Rillanon, Duke of Rillanon, Royal Chancellor and First Adviser of the King, and in the West its Dulanic, Duke of Krondor and Chancellor of the Western Realm.

Testing a colour scheme for the 10th century European Powers in my TL. Will do a write up later but most of the countries should be self-explanatory.

yiq14gl.png

And to finish the RiftWar maps, here is the map of the other side in the war the World of Kelewan!

Kelewan_2.0.png

As with the Midkemia one here is the base map for those interested

Kelewan_base_map.png

Two fantasy maps in a row, what is this madness?

A relative simple edit of my earlier full map of Arda, with changed borders for a new year, 1409 of the Third Age, and some more cities added in.
TA 1409 Game.png

1586719246651.png

It's not a very big job, but I wanted to put it on this wire anyway.
This map is part of my timeline The Sun of Rocroi- A better Grand Condé . The last chapter I published is about a more brilliant victory of Enghien at Rocroi leading to a total conquest of the Spanish Netherlands by France during the "Twenty-five Years War". As butterflies flew to the Holy Roman Empire I will list them for you:
-Sweden conquered the whole of Pomerania.
-The Rhine Palatinate was acquired by Bavaria.
-Hesse was unified under Hesse-Darmstadt.
-Wallenstein survived and ruled Luxembourg and Mecklenburg.
If you have any questions you can ask me, but I invite you to read my chronology as well, I would be very pleased to have more opinions. ;)

Entertaining as always! I especially liked the Aotearoa scenario. As for Nicaragua, I'm a bit puzzled by what prompted them to put "cybernetic" in the name of their country. I'm sure there's a good story behind it!

That's because things are run by computer! With scientific accuracy and instant feedback! (Or at least so the government says).

That's because things are run by computer! With scientific accuracy and instant feedback! (Or at least so the government says).
“But Western markets are already controlled by autonomic intelligence algorithms on the back end, and everything’s out of human control and guiding things into chaos! How can this be good for our nation?”
“… Uh, er… well…“ *sound of fingers touching keyboard keys but not actually pressing them* “Oops! The computer just told us to arrest you. Well, better do what it says.“

Deleted member 101966

loss.png

Shitpost, but powered by an actual model of 2019 voter preference flow.

There's not much difference between this map and a hypothetical narrow NDP victory, except I programmed a slight exponential effect into ridings that had a lot of sovereigntist activity OTL.

ST15RM

Banned
Shitpost, but powered by an actual model of 2019 voter preference flow.

There's not much difference between this map and a hypothetical narrow NDP victory, except I programmed a slight exponential effect into ridings that had a lot of sovereigntist activity OTL.
#albexit

No Rome (540 AD).png

This map is set in the year 500ish AD in an alternate world in which the Roman empire never existed (I'm thinking on what the POD would be, probably would be where the city was sacked and destroy before it would expand.) Without any Romans, the Carthage would expand across the Mediterranean sea becoming a superpower. In the north, the celts would thrive across Europe and Britain and would soon develop into many kingdoms. The Gauls would unite and create the Gallic empire however are facing a hard time subjecting their southern Neighbrough's as many are influenced by Carthage. The Huns would create a large empire expanding through eastern Europe. The greeks would thrive however their culture never spread past the greek homelands. The anglo-saxons still invaded britain

Stretch

Donor
And another one!

View attachment 538291

Sources and inspiration: Morocco got some inspiration from SRegan's "Cradle World" map, as well as from "Minarets of Atlantis." There's a bit of Tormsen's Chinese federation in the Burma/Myanmar map, some of Nugax's early work in the Netherlands map, and a touch of "Gate of Worlds" in the New Zealand map.
Is there gonna be one for Australia?

Status
Not open for further replies.