Map Thread XIX

Status
Not open for further replies.
gYmSQQT.png

~
A pretty simple map compared to the rest of my stuff, of the Yamato Confederation of Earth98 (I believe if you go on to r/imaginarymaps a lot, you should've seen some other stuff from the Earth98 project). This was mostly a test to see how much a project can survive being done through two art programs, Inkscape and Illustrator.
If this is Earth-98, then Hatsunia must be Earth-39.

When i made the made I imagine that all of the “German” languages as a whole were basically a really large dialect continuum. The farther away from each other a speaker of “German” the less likely they are to understand. A Doetsch speaker in the Rhone valley would not be able to understand a Saxon or a Bavarian, but a Doestch speaker in the Moselle valley would be able to understand pretty much all of the mainland accents somewhat. A Theotish speaker could understand a Anglic speaker easily and a Frisian or Saxon somewhat but would have no idea what a Doetsch speaker is saying.
Well, languages are naturally dialect continuums.
The problem we had was how to get the "oe" sound as that didn't develop from the "iu" diphthong OTL. It's a possible future development from the standard "oi" of written <eu> (and came from "ui") but hasn't happened yet.

A map of Italy with the logos of the brands owned by Audi AG placed according to their geographic location.
In this TL, VW AG subsequently became the second largest automotive employer in Italy.

filiales Audi Italie.png

N.B.: In my TL, Italy kept Istria.

Well, this was letter m/n, and iirc the series goes in reverse alphabetical order. Meaning that we're probably about 2 posts behind a greater Delian League.
I have been following Bruce's posts for this series and have yet to see it. He did say he would do Egyptian empire also.

73g2wdcpq5p41.png

A Map I had finished from last year (hence why it looks so shit), was waiting for my TL to reach a point where I could show it, but I guess I still haven't learned my lesson about mapping points ahead of my current writings because literally everything about this map is out of date with my current thoughts for Greatest Game.

Figured I spent way too much time researching the Kamerun divisions not to post it, so here it is.

Well, this was letter m/n, and iirc the series goes in reverse alphabetical order. Meaning that we're probably about 2 posts behind a greater Delian League.
Still have to get through some Ms, plus L, K, J, I, and H before I get to G. It will be a while yet. (I do need to get a wiggle on for the Niger-Morocco map)
It's all good Bruce, do your magic. I hope you didn't mind attempted my attempted maps a few pages back.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.