Map Thread XIX

Status
Not open for further replies.
If someone could clear this map of colors save for the geography like rivers n' seas n' shit that'd be fantastic.
Cardolan2.jpg

I found it on the old Middle-earth map thread. It's exactly what I was looking for. Maybe with a bit more cropping to be done but still.

Wow! Just wanted to say that as a big Elder Scrolls fan that I love this! I always found it fun to imagine what would happen after the end of the civil war in Skyrim. I'm glad that you did two different scenarios for both sides. Anyways, just wanted to say that I really like this :D

Thanks! I'm a fan of the series too, and the lore. General Tullius looks so much Julius Caesar I always thought it made sense that after I killed the Emperor he would go make himself Emperor.

x.png

Working on a World Map for year 1900 in the Balkan HRE timeline I posted. Here is a wip. This map (other than Tunisia, parts of North Italy and changes in the Balkans already seen on the image I posted before) will probably hold until present day ITTL. Things of note here are German Republican League and Prussian Neuchâtel. Republic of the United Provinces of Netherlands and the Remnants of the Italian Republican/Unification War (Republic of Piedmont gaining its independence from Venice but losing some lands to France, Newly Independent from Sicily Republic of Sardinia annexing Corsica from Venice, becoming the United Republic of Sardinia and Corsica, and the Tuscan Republic replacing the Grand Duchy of Tuscany) Some additions I will make soon are French Algeria, Prussian Memel and maybe Polish eastern borders.

@Lady Visenya this what I have done two years ago:

Based upon provinces in a CK2 mod. Easy clickable map

If you're talking about this one? I don't use it because the CK2 provinces make it awful to work with. And makes it tougher to work with any form of precision. Requiring a lot more fiddling for an ultimately not very good looking result. I guess I could fix it so that there are no province borders?
middle-earthblank-png.366987

I appreciate the effort you went to but...

I'm not a fan of CK2 province maps in general. Finding them incredibly ugly in terms of aesthetics.

As opposed to the map style image I posted earlier from the same thread.

Edit: I realize that can come across incredibly rude. Oof. I apologize, for I did not mean for it to!

Last edited:
View attachment 531384
Working on a World Map for year 1900 in the Balkan HRE timeline I posted. Here is a wip. This map (other than Tunisia, parts of North Italy and changes in the Balkans already seen on the image I posted before) will probably hold until present day ITTL. Things of note here are German Republican League and Prussian Neuchâtel. Republic of the United Provinces of Netherlands and the Remnants of the Italian Republican/Unification War (Republic of Piedmont gaining its independence from Venice but losing some lands to France, Newly Independent from Sicily Republic of Sardinia annexing Corsica from Venice, becoming the United Republic of Sardinia and Corsica, and the Tuscan Republic replacing the Grand Duchy of Tuscany) Some additions I will make soon are French Algeria, Prussian Memel and maybe Polish eastern borders.
please fix those east prussian borders

A.png

Ignore Finland, Iberia and Morocco but have one more wip.

Britwank in progress 11.png

And as to post something other than wips have a Britwank. Its 11th map of a series with an ever larger British Empire. Russia and China had bad times while Italy took the wrong side in the 3rd Grand War. Unsure of the POD but its after House of Hanover in the UK and before American Revolution. China and Russia are both republics btw and South Italy is under Papal rule. Unsure about France but they are probably a republic. Also to explain the three categories given in the text on the map:
"Counties" are direct rule with Parliaments in Lisbon and London (separate from pan-Imperial parliament, also probably in London but maybe not ). "Self Ruling Nations" evolved from protectorates but have their own parliaments and laws and are either republican or have their own monarchs. "Self Ruling Realms" are dominions basically, the Imperial Monarch but have their own parliament. And yes it is more of an Indian/African empire as parliament goes even if some America like procedures control it.

Question, if i'm making an Antarctica map, should I include the ice sheets, or just do the actual land itself?

If it's a larger map, I would say you should show the ice sheets, if it's something very small like a worlda, I'd say its less iportant, but still a nice touch.
I would recommend doing the ice sheets in a lighter/different color, maybe a lighter shade of blue than you did for the sea. I would say that claims/borders should only be on the land though.

This is all, of course, just my opinion.

Thank you! Glad you liked it :)

Huge kudos on the patina on this one!! Very nicely done.

Thanks!! I love your maps, I have to say i originally started this map in part because i wanted to make a map in a style similar to yours, before I chose to go for an older style.

Status
Not open for further replies.