Map Thread XIX

Status
Not open for further replies.
ddmfuqr-8d9d66fc-aafa-4e02-b696-a083a4f90a50.png

A bit of a "spiritual successor" to the last map I made. This is the post-1920 Kingdom of Prussia in EotR, which is currently on hiatus but will likely be getting a reboot once I finish with UFatKW.

Unlike the last one, which ate up a lot of time, this one was made with a focus on rapidly applying what I learned from the last map, as a sort of 'how fast can I use this basemap and these ideas to churn out a quick but still aesthetically pleasing map?' - the answer is a couple hours, probably faster if I don't fence-sit about a bunch of the details; the internal divisions are just the historical ones, with the Danzig-Marienwerder subdivisions merged. There's no key, but it uses the same city levels as the other maps made with this base (including the Bavaria one) and the rest is pretty self-explanatory, I think.

upload_2019-12-17_19-44-46.png

QBam patch, showing my take on @Flashman's "Kumari Kandam" map. Obviously took some liberties, but here's a QBam patch of it in case any of you need another Madagascar.

For me, I'm using it to represent Lemuria in my weird thing. The place'll be a land of Tamil-speaking lemurs led by King Julien.

Lusitania

Donor
View attachment 509365 Long time lurker, first time poster. Here we go: (Still kind of a WIP though.) It's a future history timeline, and the map is of 2050.
View attachment 509321
Some of the highlights, in cartographic order:
- The United States of Europe, in blue. Formed in 2037 when most of the EU nations united. Is one of many superpowers. Has (what's left of) the UK, Zapadoslavia, and the -stans under its belt.
- Zapadoslavia, that beige country in eastern Europe. Formed form the parts of the EU that didn't want to become part of the USE.
- Russia got screwed after the Second Crimean War of 2021, losing Rostov to Ukraine and some of the Caucasus republics to the new nation of Ichkeria.
- Yes, Canada has a chunk of Siberia.
- United democratic China. United democratic Korea.
- India got horrendously messed up after the Indian Civil War of 2041, which also toppled dominoes eastwards into Bangladesh and Burma.
- The Middle East is a lot better off. In 2025, diplomats from every country (save Yemen and Egypt) met in Baghdad, sorted out all the borders, and formed an alliance called the Baghdad Pact. Fun fact: Most of the Empty Quarter is covered in solar panels.
- Not much happened in Africa or South America. Yet.
- Screwed USA which lost California, Texas, and the Pacific Northwest.
- Wanked superpower Canada which lost half of Quebec but gained Greenland, the Faroes, a bit of Siberia, and the Pacific Northwest.
- Some small colonies on the Moon and in Antarctica (in that order).
I trying to figure out how Canada got part of Siberia but US got alaska. Scratching head at that.

Deleted member 105545

The Hindustani War was fought by the مسلم ہندستان لیگ (Muslim Hindustan League) between South Hyderabad and Pakistan. It started in 1969 when Bengalistan seceded from Pakistan with Indian support. Fighting between the occupying Indian troops and the Pakistani soldiers spilled over to the west, where the Pakistani Air Force began to bomb Indian towns that "had probable cause" to believe that troops were occupied there. Days before the official declaration of war between India and Pakistan and the bombings, Indian Troops fully occupied Dacca, leading to the independence of Bengalistan.

India then signed an official declaration of war against Pakistan and began to amass troops to deal with the Pakistani Loyalists in Bengalistan, and to invade the West. South Hyderabad, a poor state that had signed a ceasefire treaty with India, declared war on India also and was promptly bombed and invaded.

2 years and 4 months after the war's start, Indian Troops were marching down the Indus and had fully occupied South Hyderabad. Pakistan signed a peace treaty stating that a, Pakistan release its claims to Kashmir; b, Recognize Indian sovereignty over South Hyderabad, and c; release all claims upon the Rann of Kutch.

india.png

GU5G8Px.png

BRO HOLY SHIT ANOTHER MAP WHAT

Nothing too special about this, just that an ASB says fuck you to 1400s Europe and melts the icecaps. Honestly really proud of this one.​

GU5G8Px.png

Nothing too special about this, just that an ASB says fuck you to 1400s Europe and melts the icecaps. Honestly really proud of this one.​
And honestly, why wouldn't you be? It's better than many professionally commissioned maps. Particularly well done charting out sea level rise along the coasts, especially in the Gulf of Mexico.

Lusitania

Donor
The USA still has Alaska as per OTL. Canada bought the province of Kolyma from Russia when it went into debt following the Second Crimean War.
Why would Canadá which till 1931 was a subordinate nation of Britain which had no true foreign policy buy Siberia? Sorry it would not have the $ or ability to defend it. For over 20 years after building of the Canadian pacific railway the country had serious cash flow problem and a deficit. So I finding that historically not feasible. That Britain bought it and transfered to Canadá more probable but again not very realistic.

this is your idea I just providing historical context. Also why US buy Alaska and not Britain or Canada if Russia going to sell they be more inclined to sell it than Siberia. Plus with stronger British Columbia the Americans be weaker in pacific.

A handsome one! Who settled the states north of *Texas? (The language says the French, but all the state names are in French, including the Portuguese one [1])

[1] Texas has enough _specifically_ French names that it being a French colony (eventually, at least) seems fairly well confirmed​

A handsome one! Who settled the states north of *Texas? (The language says the French, but all the state names are in French, including the Portuguese one [1])

[1] Texas has enough _specifically_ French names that it being a French colony (eventually, at least) seems fairly well confirmed​
Terreouest is a French colony that broke off from France before Teyasse, The Utes are a native American republic under the Utes (duh), and the Unión Amerigana is a Spanish America based in the South.

Nations outside of the map include a larger New Sweden, an Austrian colony in Georgia, a Norwegian Vinland, and a East Asian Alaska (No clue who should colonize it just some one from Eastern Asia)

Status
Not open for further replies.