Map Thread XIX

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Second Empire doesn't fall until 1882 ITTL, by the time that happens Rome is already secure and the French are in the middle of a revolution, why not seize it?
Because the Second Empire guaranteed Rome. It literally had a garrison of Rome, which IOTL it removed due to the Franco-Prussian War.
And besides, seizing stuff in the middle of revolution means declaring war on a country and ensuring that the whole country, revolution or not, falls on you like a sack of bricks.
Since French industry is in NORTH France (aside from Lyon), Italy is screwed.

SpudNutimus

Banned
Because the Second Empire guaranteed Rome. It literally had a garrison of Rome, which IOTL it removed due to the Franco-Prussian War.
And besides, seizing stuff in the middle of revolution means declaring war on a country and ensuring that the whole country, revolution or not, falls on you like a sack of bricks.
Crap, I didn't realize that they had a guarantee on Rome. Hm, I'll have to find a workaround for this. Thanks for the info.

FFJuqrt.png

The Republic of the Mediterranean, more commonly known as Mediterranea, is situated on the Mediterranean Peninsula, between the Sea of Europa and the African Ocean. It has a population of around 115 million people (1594 census). Demographically, the republic is mostly Ligurian and Balaerican to the north and west, Carthago-Sicilian and Berber to the south and southwest, Giritian (Turkic) and Aegan to the northeast, and Levantine and Libian to the east and southeast. The republic is on good terms with the Gallo-Britannics to the northwest and the Pontics to the northeast, but is on bad terms with the North Atlantean People’s Republic, with border disputes and ethnic clashes dating back hundreds of years.

HELL YEA DUDE GUESS WHO JUST MADE A MAP FOR THE FIRST TIME IN FOREVER. Anyways check this out on DeviantArt and Reddit real quick for me thanks.

SpudNutimus

Banned
I ended up making France go to war with Spain over Prince Leopold ascending to the throne instead of arriving late and starting the Franco-Prussian War like OTL, and the French invade Catalonia through the Pyrenees for a few months, before suffering a string of defeats to Spanish guerrillas and being given an ultimatum by England and Prussia to leave or face war. Napoleon III then retreats with his tail between his legs, and leaves Spain in the hands of the Hohenzollerns. I already had plans for England and France to schism, and this war would fuel the revolution I have planned for 1882 anyway. I needed to flesh out that period anyway, and something already felt missing, so thanks for the inspiration.

quick question: what would a nation being led by doctors/hospital staff be called? I was thinking of like Caducracy or something
If you're feeling Classical, you could go for an "Asklepocracy," for the Greek god of medicine, Asklepios.

There's also a "Hippocracy", for the famed Greek doctor Hippokrates, but that sounds too much like a state run by hippos or hypocrites for my taste.

If you're feeling Classical, you could go for an "Asklepocracy," for the Greek god of medicine, Asklepios.

There's also a "Hippocracy", for the famed Greek doctor Hippokrates, but that sounds too much like a state run by hippos or hypocrites for my taste.
I'll use Asklepocracy, thanks

The Republic of the Mediterranean, more commonly known as Mediterranea, is situated on the Mediterranean Peninsula, between the Sea of Europa and the African Ocean. It has a population of around 115 million people (1594 census). Demographically, the republic is mostly Ligurian and Balaerican to the north and west, Carthago-Sicilian and Berber to the south and southwest, Giritian (Turkic) and Aegan to the northeast, and Levantine and Libian to the east and southeast. The republic is on good terms with the Gallo-Britannics to the northwest and the Pontics to the northeast, but is on bad terms with the North Atlantean People’s Republic, with border disputes and ethnic clashes dating back hundreds of years.
In terms of region, that’s going to be one of the more habitable places on Earth, isn’t it? With a land/water swap, most of the word will be unlivable desert or at least incredibly parched, right? Also, I like how the Constantinople Straight and the Isthmus of Gibraltar just remain as important as they are IOW.

In terms of region, that’s going to be one of the more habitable places on Earth, isn’t it? With a land/water swap, most of the word will be unlivable desert or at least incredibly parched, right? Also, I like how the Constantinople Straight and the Isthmus of Gibraltar just remain as important as they are IOW.

Well, that's complicated depending on a number of factors. For one thing, if the elevations of the "continents" is a straight flip of Ocean depths, you get weird things like high-altitude seas...

INVMAP.GIF

(Inversia, the world dream bank, http://www.worlddreambank.com/I/INV.HTM )

Running it through a climate generator gets me with large tundras across the north and south of the planet with the rest being mostly savannas or temperate grasslands iirc. What I am certain of is that northern and central Mediterranea averages at 0C while southern coastal Mediterranea averages make much warmer. So yes I’d say so

Status
Not open for further replies.