Map Thread XIX

Status
Not open for further replies.
Another telephone map game post! Woo!
I hope you all enjoy!
smile.gif

I really like it! And the scenario is also fun!

Nowadays, it's currently being run by his descendant, Lydia Drake with help from her niece, Mavis Drake. (this is a reference that only I will get.)

@NiGHTS

Lydia Deetz and Mavis from Hotel Transylvania? :D

A quick map inspired by my most recent CK2 run as the Saka Satrap of Kashgar, its fairly simple and is literally what it says on the map itself but I may yet use it for something else if my new interest in Central Asian history keeps up.

vKhTdVu.png

It's been a while, but I'm finally ready to post a new map.

[Insert joke about Lord Palmerston and the Schleswig-Holstein Question.]

ddk4ih9-414d6605-69d7-4e63-a2c7-a9f3415deb0f.png

A quick map inspired by my most recent CK2 run as the Saka Satrap of Kashgar, its fairly simple and is literally what it says on the map itself but I may yet use it for something else if my new interest in Central Asian history keeps up.

Stop making sexy maps from CK2 and and go back to writing about Wales, please! :angry:

Map of Africa in my Années Douces TL

xXgAkdE.png

Every state with no specific mention under it means independence, the colors signifie an alignment with a European power (may it be an alliance or a colonial status)

It'll probably be my last edit as I'm in highschool, I changed Guineas and Eritrea

Last edited:
Map of Africa in my Années Douces TL

Every state with no specific mention under it means independence, the colors signifie an alignment with a European power (may it be an alliance or a colonial status)

I really like the administrative divisions of the French Chancellerie, though I have some questions about the German colonies... Was there a colonial war with led to Germany losing western Togoland, southern Southwest Africa (including the important port of Lüderitzbucht, which was SWA's only port due to British control over Walvis Bay) and western East Africa? And I dislike you picking the name Tanzania for the rump East Africa, since the name was created as a deliberate portmanteau of Tanganyika and Zanzibar, and since it lacks the latter another name might be better (Swahililand might be a good choice IMO).

Also how did France get its hands on the Gambia and did you notice that you accidentally miscolored Fernando Po/Bioko as Portuguese when it was actually Spanish?

Last edited:
@Iserlohn woops, my mistake for Fernando Po, I thought it was the southernmost island, not the northernmost.

This is a map of Africa after the War of Serbia (OTL WWI), so Germany was forced to give bits here and there such as the diamond-rich southern Namibia or Tanganyika for the Cape-to-Cairo British rail. In Oceania the British received the rest of New Guinea and France got some of the islands.

I didn't know for the portmanteau Tanzania, thanks for the better name.

France had taken loans to purchase Gambia and Vanuatu to consolidate Senegal and New Caledonia. Britain has agreed with the condition that France would let self-rule for British citizens for 15 years (it is still applied in Vanuatu).

I'm sorry if this is against the rules but please see my signature as I love what I've created and would love to see some feedback

Your map seems to show a variant of the 100 meter sea level rise concept; that is problematic as it's literally impossible, even if all the ice caps on the planet melted the maximal sea level rise possible is 66 meters.
This was the only sea level rise basemap that I could find; given another one I would gladly have used that (ideally one that would represent a sea level rise that might be feasible in the next several decades). I used this one because it's all I could find, and I'm not all that skilled with physical cartography so I couldn't really make one on my own.

NASA published a correction to one of their methods of measuring the height of the landmasses from orbit. It turned out they had been measuring many places with the height of the treetops or roofs of buildings. This, translates into two things. The first one is that accurate data for the elevation in msot if not almost all sources is wrong and almost assuredly all sources for the rise in the sea level are wrong. The data must be corrected, in the meantime, it doesn't seem to exist yet.

And the second thing is that, with preliminary studies, the areas submeged with a rise of two metres (if I'm not mistaken the number of metres) has their estimations tripled.

Status
Not open for further replies.