Map Thread XIX

Status
Not open for further replies.
@KolyenuKS , here is a full proposal:

NA as Europe.png

Skallagrim

Banned
Ah. Texas ain't completely flat, though. Central Texas is anything but flat

True enough. Ukraine may also not be entirely flat. I gather it's considered as such, but my perspective is skewed and therefore invalid anyway: I'm Dutch, so mole-hills basically qualify as "hill country" to my sensibilities. ;)

tYORFzJ.png

On October 3rd, 2019, the US State of California found itself in a world completely by themselves. This is decades later.

The Empire of California stretches from Baja California to the Islands of Japan. It's subdivided between State Governments, Colonial Governments, and territories. It's a comfortable social democratic republic. Currently ruled by Director-General Walter Wilson Disney and the Democratic-Progressive Coalition government.

There are two exile nations.
The Free United States of America is a fascist dictatorship. Founded by right-wing extremists who left California to strike out on their own. They basically keep to themselves.

The Collective American States is a left-wing democratic confederation. Left after the Disney Act was passed that banned far-left political parties. They keep to themselves. A nice place to live. Try their best to just keep out of California's ever-growing shadow.

tYORFzJ.png

On October 3rd, 2019, the US State of California found itself in a world completely by themselves. This is decades later.

The Empire of California stretches from Baja California to the Islands of Japan. It's subdivided between State Governments, Colonial Governments, and territories. It's a comfortable social democratic republic. Currently ruled by Director-General Walter Wilson Disney and the Democratic-Progressive Coalition government.

There are two exile nations.
The Free United States of America is a fascist dictatorship. Founded by right-wing extremists who left California to strike out on their own. They basically keep to themselves.

The Collective American States is a left-wing democratic confederation. Left after the Disney Act was passed that banned far-left political parties. They keep to themselves. A nice place to live. Try their best to just keep out of California's ever-growing shadow.

I'm surprised California hasn't been divided into multiple states by this point.

Neat map with nice colors. I do question the direction of expansion. Why settle Alaska and Siberia when Hawaii and the Great Plains are open.
Pacific Centered maps are more fun... And I forgot to color Hawaii.
What do tech levels and culture look like?
Tech for everyone in the empire it's ~1970s. In California itself it's ~early 2010s. In the FUSA it's ~1900s. In the CAS it's ~1910s. Culture doesn't look that much different, well, other than the Walt Disney Company being the only entertainment company in the Empire.

I had a random thought. IOTL, Germany lost a lot of land to Poland after WW2. What if instead it lost land to a different country?

Here's one possibility.

The Allied powers, faced with a dire situation following the Soviet Union's collapse in 1943, successfully persuaded the Italian government to switch sides in the war, in return for Italy being promised a large amount of German territory up to the Danube (i.e. the old northern boundary of the Roman Empire).

Note that ITTL, the Allies didn't treat Austria as an occupied country, instead just treating it as another part of Nazi Germany. However, following the war East Prussia is made its own country (known as simply "Prussia") and forbidden to reunite with Germany, in a similar role to OTL Austria.

View attachment 491635
Interesting concept.
That’s some serious border gore with Hungary and Romania though. What’s the culture of independent Prussia like?

I was thinking of south america being africa, but I guess it being east asia would work better.
- Tierra del Fuego as New Zealand
- Patagonia as Australia
- Argentina as Japan
- Uruguay as Korea
- Paraguay as Vietnam
- Bolivia as Thailand
- Chile as Indonesia
- Peru as India
- Ecuador as Bangladesh
- Colombia as Pakistan
- Venezuela as Afghanistan
- Guyana, Suriname, and French Guiana as Iran
- Panama as Kuwait
- Costa Rica as Bahrain
- Nicaragua as Qatar
- Honduras as UAE
- El Salvador as Yemen
- Guatemala as Oman
- Belize as Lebanon
- South Mexico as Saudi Arabia
- North Mexico as Turkey
- Cuba as Israel
- Haiti as Syria
- Dominican Republic as Iraq
- Puerto Rico as Jordan

IcyCaspian

Banned
WIP, Looking for advice how to make it look better.

Party List seats for an MMP 1900's America.

Any ideas on how to make it look less like garbage?

I'd Suggest:
1) Making the color of the states lighter
2) Making the symbols for the states' representatives bigger (if possible)
3) Making the borders the same shade as the background.

Status
Not open for further replies.