Map Thread XIX

Status
Not open for further replies.
It couldn't be helped. UVA said that Amazon's weird directions in making/printing/publishing the book had added two extra months to the wait and she had to cut the maps up too, but what can you really do.

While she had to cut maps, she made the wrong choice IMO, focusing on making not very detailed short entries for every countries in the world with lots of map for them, while cutting the IMO very important chapter on details about the worker states and states (forgot the names) and North American neighbors (California for ex)

I wish she focused less on the whole world and developped more the UASR, but still cutting a non negligible part of the very content we got interested in the first place was a bad decisision.

>US Canada instead of US Mexico
>trying to be semi-realistic

Canada requires explanation due to the royal navy. Mexico is at worst good guerilla country in bits. ATLs that have more US territory in canada than ours or annexation of canada require MUCH more justification than annexing mexico.

ATLs that have more US territory in canada than ours or annexation of canada require MUCH more justification than annexing mexico.

Have Arnold not betray the US during the Revolution and we might wind up with Ontario. Have the northern Oregon Country’s vote to join the US not fail, and you get “British Columbia” become the US state of Columbia. And with no Pacific access, do the western provinces really stay with Canada?

upload_2019-10-1_14-32-56.png

The map of the United Republic of America (the borders of the other nations are not final), this is my first map in photoshop, I think it went pretty well.

Potentially interesting. What's the backstory?
My best idea for it is that the American revolution fails east of the Mississippi, but the Spanish break the last straw (to the new Spaniards) by taxing their products to pay for more troops to protect against france/britain, with the Louisianians joining them when the Americans promise Autonomy (which is why the Kingdom of Louisiana exists), and they buy Florida from the UK.

United States of America 1781.png

I tried making a map kind of in a style like that in a school book for a timeline I'm working on where all the British colonies join the Revolution as well as some Amerindian tribes.
Feel free to ask any questions about this I worked a while on this.

View attachment 491980

I tried making a map kind of in a style like that in a school book for a timeline I'm working on where all the British colonies join the Revolution as well as some Amerindian tribes.
Feel free to ask any questions about this I worked a while on this.
A bad day to be British...

Would the UK turn expansionist after losing all of North America in one fell swoop? Maybe kick things up a notch in India, Australia, and Africa?

A bad day to be British...

Would the UK turn expansionist after losing all of North America in one fell swoop? Maybe kick things up a notch in India, Australia, and Africa?
The UK does get into a worse financial situation after the Revolution than in OTL but they do very much look for any opportunity, at least early on, to regain some glory through taking colonies, but their worse financial situation makes fighting Napoleon much more harder.

Status
Not open for further replies.