Map Thread XIX

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wait, so is Asia not even considered a continent by this point?
It is considered a continent, I kind of worded it badly but what I was trying to say is basically that people tend to talk about the major regions that make it up rather than the whole thing. I don't know if that makes sense, but it's what I was going for

unknown.png

A quick map I made for @Ella.is.crazy's Soviet Victory TL. A lot of people have made maps for the project so I highly recommend checking it out.

HiAYv2w.png

Alright my newest child is pretty much complete. This is for a very special competition on the r/imaginarymaps supreddit. Im uploading it here early to see if anyone has any critique or suggestions.

Thanks in advance.

Skallagrim

Banned
Alright my newest child is pretty much complete. This is for a very special competition on the r/imaginarymaps supreddit. Im uploading it here early to see if anyone has any critique or suggestions.

Thanks in advance.

It looks amazing, and I really like the idea. My only point of critique is that the Zuiderzeewerken would not exist (in this way) in a world with such an early POD as to yield these borders. The Deltawerken can probably be overlooked, since their nature makes it more likely for something almost exactly like the OTL ones to be created in an ATL. But the Afsluitdijk (closing dike) that created the IJsselmeer (IJssel-lake) and the reclaimed areas that were diked off and drained witin said lake would not realistically exist in their OTL form. Or at all! The fact that both sides of the big closing dike belong to different countries may prevent the whole project altogether. (That's probably the easiest, too: just remove the whole shebang, and restore the original OTL coastline.)

Thanks in advance.
I feel there would be more butterflies. Also amazing that the Kingdom of Arles/Burgundy isn't included in this. Kinda bizarre why Nevers is shown on the small map as its own duchy, while ignoring how Flanders, Brabant, Luxembourg, Holland, etc were all major places with their own history. People didn't just fold a bunch of duchies together. The United Duchies of Julich-Berg-Cleves is one example, or how in Iberia and Czechia they used the term Crown when having a bunch of fairly equal areas under one person. Speaking of Julich-Berg-Cleves, they had a claim over Gelderland. Might as well give it to them here as there is no way that remaining area would be independent if no other Germanic state is. Actually, could you link to the contest? I am wondering what it's requirements are. It might answer some of the questions in my head.

Ahhh, and funnily enough the parts you have as the Dutch Republic all speak Low Saxon rather than the Low Franconcian that the Brabantians, Hollanders, Flemish, etc speak.

Thanks in advance.

Tourcoing is on a bad side, if i can permit this, it's near of Lille. ;)

<beautiful map 1>
New map from the TL172: Dacia Universe.

I am very, very interested and want to know more. A lot more.
<beautiful map 2>

Thanks in advance.

While I can't comment on the actual content of the map, I would suggest using a serif font, like this or this, on the map instead. Given its somewhat old style and colour scheme, I feel a serif font would work a bit better and clash a little bit less.

Otherwise, it looks great. Best of luck!

Status
Not open for further replies.