Map Thread XIX

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Grand Republic of Deseret
S3q8rvh.png

My entry for the contest going on over in r/imaginarymaps. Big fan of this one.
Also before anyone asks the language in the map is the Deseret Alphabet.
Can you translate this? This seems interesting?

Zioneer

Banned
The Grand Republic of Deseret
S3q8rvh.png

My entry for the contest going on over in r/imaginarymaps. Big fan of this one.
Also before anyone asks the language in the map is the Deseret Alphabet.
As a Utah Mormon, I love this! Also seconding the request for a translation.

What's the ISOT

The State of Israel and the Palestinian Territories ISOTed to Tishrei 1, 1 Anno Mundi, or September 9, 3671 Ante Christum if you're a goy.:p

Link to the TL here.

Yo can I get a link to that base map pls?

Here. I had to piece together Europe, Africa, and Asia to get it.

A fun reference to "The Death of Stalin"!

Actually haven't seen that movie, I meant it as a Simpson’s joke.

Nice map- I’d like to see your take on an Ireland-wank.
Awesome work HeX. How about a Turkey or a Swiss wank next?
Hmm... Kingdom of Georgia? Romania? Kievan Rus'? Venice?
I second Historyman 14's Kievan Rus and Venice suggestions

Okay, so I've taken everyone's suggestions into consideration, and what I think I'll do is a Turkey/Ottoman wank next, just because that interests me the most.

Republic of New Netherlands
KQEPi7I.png

1. New Netherland
2. New Fryslân
3. New Sweden
4. Delaware
5. Erie
6. New Scotland
7. Connecticut
8. Groeneberg
9. Haudenosaunee League*

*Client State of New Netherlands

Bordered by British North America to the Southwest, the United Provinces of New England to the East, and New France to the North

Map of the classic 1983: Doomsday timeline in 2013.

unknown.png

I know the timeline has its flaws, and I know it's very old and hasn't been updated in a while, but I still hold it dear to my heart since it's the first alternate history project I ever read.
This map includes both canon and non-canon/proposal nations (to fill some of the empty space).

Abbreviations:
WFT - Westmoreland and Furness Territories
LANC - Duchy of Lancaster
M - Matlock
LI - Democratic Republic of Lindsey
N - Condominium of Norfolk
WS - Condominium of West Suffolk
BR - Bragança
CA - Cazorla
GÉVA - Regroupement des Gévaudan
LUX - Luxembourg
RHIN - Rhineland Federation
SWABIA-WÜRTTEM - Swabia-Württemberg
NORTH - Northeim
BAYR - Bayreuth/Franconian Confederation
LESSER P - Lesser Poland
N.L.O. - New Livonian Order
OSSET - Ossetia
NAK - Nakhchivan
J A-D - Jabal Al-Druze

Last edited:
So, I decided to do a little bit of work on this little thing I started working on a long time ago. I decided the best way to start would be by plotting out the climate of this ASB, alternate country, so here you go: the (provisional) Köppen-type classifications for Fridvarld.

I was kinda lost when making all these climate zones, since I know next to nothing about climate, so if anyone with more expertise on the subject can give me some feedback I'd love it.

Z20bsVi.png

1950-Triplice.png

Europa of "La Triplice"
Local time: 1950
If you have follow my TL, "La Triplice", you know that Germany won the WWI allied with Italy.

In this TL there is nothing comparable to WWII
The first years after the war were dominated by local wars(Dalmatian war between Italy and Hungary, the Polish uprising and Sovie revolution) , but by early '30s Europe find an

If you want to know more, follow my signature

Last edited:
So, I decided to do a little bit of work on this little thing I started working on a long time ago. I decided the best way to start would be by plotting out the climate of this ASB, alternate country, so here you go: the (provisional) Köppen-type classifications for Fridvarld.

I was kinda lost when making all these climate zones, since I know next to nothing about climate, so if anyone with more expertise on the subject can give me some feedback I'd love it.

Z20bsVi.png
There's this YouTube channel called Artifexian that can help you with things like this.

View attachment 479647
An amateur attempt at creating a basemap of the Wheel of Time series from scratch. Showing the lands between the Aryth Ocean and the Spine of the World just before series start. A pretty bad work (want it to be larger and to be more accurate to the official maps). There are reasons for why I chose the colors I chose for each nations (also not coloring independent cities) that I can explain if anyone wishes to/if needed.

Crossposting from my thread of mostly old maps that I don't want to post here and some stuff I don't know where to post. But this is a new work that fits in this thread. I don't know whether if a WorldA/BAM map created for Wheel of Time before.

Edit: Also didn't add Seafolk Isles on purpose
Edit: I wonder why quoting some posts with images actually show the image, while some don't (showing only "view attachment numbers").

Last edited:
View attachment 479630
Europa of "La Triplice"
Local time: 1950
If you have follow my TL, "La Triplice", you know that Germany won the WWI allied with Italy.

In this TL there is nothing comparable to WWII
The first years after the war were dominated by local wars(Dalmatian war between Italy and Hungary, the Polish uprising and Sovie revolution) , but by early '30s Europe find an

If you want to know more, follow my signature
I feel you should have some change to the borders in Hungary. I feel the two shades of grey might not give the proper impression. I would also say Bosnia should be joined to Croatia, though try Hungarians might not want to give to much strength to the Croatians. Still, it is the Croat claim for Dalmatia that is apparently part of the reason for the war. Good to see Italian didn't try strangling Montenegro too much by keeping all of Austrian Dalmatia in the far south with the former Republic fo Ragusa. And I see the Italians decided not to annex Corfu for themselves. Is Montenegro in personal union with Italy or is it a satellite the WWI era King of Montenegro's daughter was married to to King of Italy? Also seems a bit off that the part of Belgium that was formerly part of the Duchy of Luxembourg wasn't added to the Grand Duchy. And Germany has Aaland... hmmm. Well, Monaco is a light pink and thus probably in Britain's orbit, so all is right with the world.

I think it's a lovely map. What makes the Imperial Federation "USSR-type" though? And what happened to India?

Basically, well its not like a "USSR" ideology-wise, in its internal divisons it is, moderately, its more like a worldwide china. Also, i suppose that india revolted against the crown, that or it was made a independent commune.

Status
Not open for further replies.