Map Thread XIX

Status
Not open for further replies.
@Clandango :
  1. Antarctcia will mostly be shown with the green Terra nulkius colour, outside some Catholic Chilean bases.
  2. Korea: grey: irreligious.
  3. Eastern Orthodox: you mean depict each constituent church with separate colour? Haven't ever done so while mapping religion, might lead to confusion.
  4. Others option? Naa, TURCS has plenty of colours; URHAFAH shows only those deemed necessary for simplicity. Broader groupings like "Bon", "Suomenusko" or "Bantu pagan" work fine for that purpose

Most of the New York stereotypes I've seen treat Queens as West Long Island or East New Jersey, albeit more multicultural: a land of white-picket-fence suburbia that somehow got caught within New York's borders. There, you'd probably have the Fran Fine and Archie Bunker Experiences, next to the World's Fair Zone around a mocked-up Flushing Meadows-Corona Park where they serve "authentic international cuisine".

Oh, and guidoes.

I'd associate guidoes more with the small, run-down and faintly disturbing New Jersey World, just off New New York, myself.

Isnt New Jersey World just the Jersey Shore?

Not exactly...

It’s a Small World After All: JerseyLand
j7QDR7a.png

If New New York had shown the limits of the National Theme Park model, JerseyLand dealt its credibility a significant blow. Backed by a shadowy consortium of wealthy individuals, JerseyLand LLP had purchased all of the Sandy Hook peninsula and was preparing to start construction when development was halted indefinitely by the indictment of its entire executive board on federal racketeering charges.

Seized by the government under the provisions of the RICO Act, the proposed JerseyLand site was officially designated a wildlife preserve: however, it has principally served as a venue for illegal raves in recent years. Given that the project was very much in the planning stages at the time of the arrests, the proposed scope of JerseyLand can only be inferred from the handful of meeting notes which had not been successfully shredded or burned before law enforcement obtained them. An annotated diagram produced during one of these meetings is set out above.

I wasn't satisfied with my old map, so i remade it and added a few details
PSX_20190807_204137.jpg

The world on 7th August 2019, 7 years after the URSS withdrew its troops from Hungary, Poland, East Germany and Czechoslovakia, recognising their indipendence
●The POD is Joseph Stalin being reduced to a mere vegetable after a massive hearth attack in 1947. In his place, soviet leadership is assumed by the so-called "Soviet Troika", a political alliance between Lazar' Moiseevič Kaganovič , Vjačeslav Michajlovič Molotov and Viktor Abakumov, whose main purposes are the continuation of Stalin's policies and hiding his condition from the general pubblic (even today, it is still illegal in the URSS to doubt that his government ended only with his death in 1951).
●The Cold War between the 50s and the 60s is particoularly more violent than OTL, thanks to the stalinist hardliners in the Kremlin.The Korean War is longer and more violent than OTL thanks to the russian direct intervention in the conflict, resulting in North Korea winning (luckily enough Kim Tu Bong is the leader of North Korea ITTL rather than the Kims). As a consequence of this, The Red Scare is more widespread and popukar than OTL, resulting in Joseph McCarty becoming president in 1956.

●There is no Sino-Soviet Split ITTL, but ironically Europe and the US are the ones splitting up, with England and France leaving NATO in protest against McCarty's political decisions. Both countries have managed to preserve parts of their colonial empires, pursuing a policy of detente with the Soviet Union and building their own political blocks in Europe (The North Sea Alliance and The European Commonwealth respectively).

●The Rio's Pact is an alliance of right-wing dictatorships, created after the communists overthrow the government of Perù and Ecuador in 1982. Not exactly a beacon of peace and prosperity, in recent years it has been plagued both by communist guerrilas and by fundamentalist christian groups.

●With a more paranoid US and a more totalitarian URSS, India is in a better posion than OTL, attracting various countries that for a reason or another can't join either tye communist or the capitalist block and investing heavily in them.

●Africa is a mess, but not as bad as OTL with the Empire Of Ethiopia, the kingdom of Lybia and the Republic of Liberia being the most democratic and rich countries on the continent. The conflict between South Africa, the People's Republic Of Kongo and their allies has recently restarted again with no end in sight. The East African Federation, a result of a very different british decolonisation, is one of the main trade partners of the North Sea Federation and it has already declared its neutrality in the conflict.

●The Middle East is more secoular than OTL thanks to a more successful pan-arabist movement.
Israel directly joined the European Commonwealth in 1964, after the unification of Lebanon and Syria (ironically it was the same reason why Palestine and Jordan became british allies)
Ironically The People's Republic Of Iran is preobably the most religious tolerant member of the comunist block, with most of its jewish comunity left untouched. The Kingdom Of Iraq is one of the most important american allies in The Middle East

●Greece is tecnically a kingdom, but in reality it is the military who controls the government . Backed by both England and the US , the country has now become a safe heaven for numerous criminals around the world. Its territorial disputies with Turkey are a major source of embarassment for Washington however.

●The collapse of Jugoslavia happened earlier and was even more violent than OTL (including the use of chemical weapons).
The rump Yugoslavian state is a disfunctional communist dictatorship that unites serbian revanchism with stalinist policies (especially towards its minorities).
Moscow is considering the idea of military intervention against the country, after its government has started claiming parts of Albania and Bulgaria as its own

●While both Hungary and Czechoslovakia are in the process of joining the European Commonwealth, Paris considers the Republic of Poland too politically unstable. Thanks to even more political and religious repression from Russia than OTL (including the assasination of the archbishop of Kraców Karol Wojtyla in 1971), Poland has embraced a particularly nasty religious and nationalistic tone in its politics, especially regarding its shared border with the URSS. The polish government has recently allowed the arrival of american troops on its territory.

Last edited:
VsPcPys.jpg

I will consider this my first non-worlda map. I did make one for the Telephone map game but it was rough and more of an experiment in how inkscape works. This map depicts the Absarook from Silent Reverse Mapgame Historiae Mutetur

It's that Crumpleverse time of week again! As always, please feel free to ask any questions if you'd like. Apologies in advance, these are gonna be tall. Next time I make an extended text project like this I'm not making everything >2000px tall...

dddjb5j-1e846657-ac3b-4282-8099-bcaccb5cac00.png

lkoTd18.gif

A little animated map I started nearly two years ago but only decided to finish yesterday. It's a pretty simple scenario, where in a collapsing United States, New England and New York go to war over Connecticut. The war starts out pretty good for New York, but it backfires when a large upstate separatist rebel group uses the war as an opportunity to stage an uprising against a distracted New York military, which combined with a surprise invasion of Long Island by New England, ends up causing New York's loss in the war.

lkoTd18.gif

A little animated map I started nearly two years ago but only decided to finish yesterday. It's a pretty simple scenario, where in a collapsing United States, New England and New York go to war over Connecticut. The war starts out pretty good for New York, but it backfires when a large upstate separatist rebel group uses the war as an opportunity to stage an uprising against a distracted New York military, which combined with a surprise invasion of Long Island by New England, ends up causing New York's loss in the war.
Beautiful!

It's that Crumpleverse time of week again! As always, please feel free to ask any questions if you'd like. Apologies in advance, these are gonna be tall. Next time I make an extended text project like this I'm not making everything >2000px tall...

I

I remain agog at you aesthetic and artistic abilities, not to mention your fascinating and well crafted stories.:)

indonesia.png

The state of Indonesia in my timeline "Live and Let Live: A Red Indonesia and Beyond". Blue represents the territories loyal to Ahmad Yani's Republic of Indonesia. Red represents the People's Republic of Indonesia under D.N Aidit. Green represents the Islamic State under Abdul Muzakkar. Finally, yellow represents the various independence movements that have popped up all across the nation.

Status
Not open for further replies.