Map Thread XIX

Status
Not open for further replies.
Now this map's a bit small, but I don't have a present-day QBAM with a good enough color code so sorry.

hfm0jbqp1k831.png

This here shows the situation in Eastern Europe at the climax of the NATO propaganda novel 2017: War with Russia. Now I've read a lot of repugnant books from some very dark ideologies (most recently The Turner Diaries, which almost gave me nightmares), and while this certainly isn't the most awful one it's certainly up there. Basically, 2017 is the most extreme manifestation of the "Putin bad, Russia bad, America good, NATO good" narrative, taken as far as possible. And the best part? It's repeatedly implied that nuclear warfare is a preferable outcome compared to... well, any solution that doesn't involve ruining things for Russia. Diplomacy doesn't exist, negotiations don't exist, accepting the loss of three tiny puppet states is unthinkable... and don't even get me started on why Russia just randomly conquers the Baltics. A lot of it is basically the author attempting to translate the situation in Crimea up into the Baltics, and failing hilariously.

Oh, and the novel endorses what is effectively a terrorist organization, although I don't know if that's how they acted in real life (they were apparently a real thing).

I haven't read this book and therefore have no idea what happened in it. So can you please explain how Russia randomly conquered the Baltics without annexing Belarus (atleast they were kinda positive toward unification at one point). I can see the above happening because of Propaganda authors not being very good at writing but how is Kaliningrad independent? Seriously how? I can sorta buy someone writing Russia randomly invading the Baltics but having actual Russian territory independent at the same time?.. I don't get ideologically charged books I suppose.

I haven't read this book

Much like The Turner Diaries, Mein Kampf and so on, it'd be best left unread unless you're only reading it for the military details. And I'm at least glad they did that part accurately.

So can you please explain how Russia randomly conquered the Baltics without annexing Belarus (atleast they were kinda positive toward unification at one point).

Russian forces were allowed to pass through Belarus, since they're allies, also Russia used ASBs to ensure that NATO didn't intervene until all there of the Baltic states were conquered.

but how is Kaliningrad independent?

Not independent, under NATO occupation. Sorry I didn't make that clearer. Basically, NATO took over Kaliningrad (with the help of the Baltic terrorists IIRC) and somehow came to an agreement to give back that one province in exchange for the entirety of the Baltics. There's also some silly plot about disarming Russian nuclear missiles in Kaliningrad, and the novel's psychotic version of Putin simply accepts this.

I don't get ideologically charged books I suppose.

Neither do I. Well, with some of them you can at least clearly see the author's perspective without having to agree. Like in The Communist Manifesto.

A (belated) happy July 4th to all you Americans!

AMerican Civil War.png

Webp.net-gifmaker.gif

(DD/MM/YY): event

21/6/45: Maximum extent of Nazi advance

2/9/45: End of Operation August Storm;
Unconditional surrender of Germany;
9 "Liberation zones" established across former German territory

4/10/45: The Second Revolutionary War restarts

26/1/46: World Council troops hand over captured German arms to the American Red Army (ARA)

27/3/47: Maximum extent of Columbian advance in New England

22/11/48: End of the Empire State Campaign

23/3/49: End of the Washington Campaign;
President-General Patton steps down and retreats to St. Louis;
Vice President-General McArthur is inaugurated as President and retreats to Huston

2/6/49: End of the Dixie Campaign;
Truce declared between the ARA and Columbian Government

17/11/49: Battle of St. Louis ends;
The Provisional Council Government of Eastern America (PCGEA) is formed;
Huston falls, General Patton seizes power, General McArthur executed

31/12/49: Columbian-Mormon insurgency begins;
General Patton evacuates to Cuba

18/3/1950: Liberation of the Rio Grande begins;
The 5th Najavo Republic joins the PCGEA

4/7/1950: The constitution of the People's Republic of America (PRA) is ratified

Last edited:
Kingdom of England in 1284
Let me know if you have any feedback! Or any suggestions for a medieval country that I could do next, or something ATL even :)

That is an amazing map, it should have more likes! Must have taken you ages!

One minuscule edit... Uxbridge should be in Middlesex, not Buckinghamshire. I only noticed it because i live there!

Otherwise amazing!

That is an amazing map, it should have more likes! Must have taken you ages!

One minuscule edit... Uxbridge should be in Middlesex, not Buckinghamshire. I only noticed it because i live there!

Otherwise amazing!
Thank you! Will edit that now, a few of the towns on the map were misplaced when I merged the base
Wonderful map - The level of detail on it is excellent and quite rare for medieval maps!

If you’re looking for suggestions for future medieval maps, I’ve recently begun reading about High Medieval Italy and I feel like it would make a cool map, particularly in the late 12th century when the Lombard League was fighting against the Holy Roman Emperor Frederick Barbarossa’s attempts to establish Imperial authority over the alps. Showing the many cities/communes and their shifting allegiances would make for an interesting premise on a map.
That sounds pretty interesting! Italy is quite an aesthetically-shaped country as well so I might do a map of it next!

Could you complete the set with the various Kingdoms and Lordship of Ireland?
Then a mega one of altogether?
Ireland in 1300 will probably be my next map of the series! I've finished it (showing liberties, earldoms etc.) but the topography isn't quite finished yet. After that's done, I'll need to merge it into a greater map of the entire isle at the same scale as England and Scotland, and then hopefully afterwards I can finish an absolutely massive map of the medieval Atlantic Archipelago!

rm8669j.png

This started as a shitpost based on the long state trend from a while back, but I ended up putting way more into it than I planned, so here's this.
Errata on the Confederation of the United States of America (or just the United States to save space)
I don't have a coherent or well thought out story to back this up, but there's some things hidden in the stats.

UPR2.png

A map I made in Inkscape, I wante to come back to Inkscape since I had only done two maps with it and thought it would be nice to make more. Full Res Version because the forum won't let me update anything bigger.
Yes the scenario is pretty farfetched and the name (UPR) is pretty bad, but the main objective was make a map, not a good scenario.

View attachment 470635

A map I made in Inkscape, I wante to come back to Inkscape since I had only done two maps with it and thought it would be nice to make more. Full Res Version because the forum won't let me update anything bigger.
Yes the scenario is pretty farfetched and the name (UPR) is pretty bad, but the main objective was make a map, not a good scenario.

An Ottoman Soviet Union has always been a favourite idea of mine despite me never making a map with it. Great Work on your map.

Deleted member 108228

Conference on the Rise of Fourth-Wave Turbanism and Implications of Viet Turbanism on the Southeast Asian Region

AUC 2772 - Federation of Elysiumic Kingdoms

“Turbanism, once nothing more than an incoherent collection of differing ideas only accustomed to the Plains of Northern Sina, now has evolved into a true ideological force throughout the globe. From the Turbanist Colonies in Northern Elysium in the 2500’s, to the Third Federation of Harmonious Peoples in Sina, there has never been any sign that this ideology will recede. More so, it has only seen itself diverge into a competing number of ideological strains. Take for example the Black Turbans in Viet Nam. This group of Turbanists mimics the original Turbans: violent, fanatical, almost anarchic. Yet this group displays a predisposition to ethnic supremacism the likes of which has not been seen. They have been involved in massacres of several ethnic groups in the interior, combined with their disposition for expansionism, makes them a group to be feared through and through. This strain is commonly known in academic circles as Viet Turbanism, a more radicalized branch of Fourth-Wave Turbanism, which is itself a continuation of the original Yellow Turbans.

Now, the main reason this conference was called was not to wallow in how the Black Turbans have caused mayhem for Southern Asia, but to analyse the central issues that allowed for Viet Turbanism to arise in the first place. And we cannot do that without analyzing the ideology itself, how it arose, and how it managed to survive over the centuries to the Modern Era. Unlike the fate of Christian sects in the Roman Empire, such as the Nestorians, Turbanism has continued to adapt and improve itself along the way from its original days. It first began as an anarchic mess of communes, but over time it became the monster that we now see in Viet Nam.

To understand Turbanism, one must go to where it all began; the Yellow Turban Rebellion of 937 AUC. The event that set forth the fate of the Sinic sphere. The main perpetrator of the collapse of the Han Dynasty, the rise of the Federation of Harmonious Peoples, and the beginning of the Six Kingdoms Period. This is what caused, in some historians’ opinion, a chain of events that would ultimately lead to the colonization of the Southern Asian sphere, the eventual discovery of Upper and Lower Elysium, and other events that have defined our world.

You will have noticed that there is a packet containing all the information required to help create a fruitful discourse as we try to figure out the main implications for the Black Turban Rebellion in Viet Nam. Turn to page 25. You will see in that page a summary by a bureaucrat whose name has been forgotten to the sands of time. Mainly, it describes the immediate years of the rebellion and the years following it. While it might not be as informative as most modern books, it does provide us with an invaluable insight to the mind of someone who has experienced what can only be described as ‘hell’.”

Summary of the Years During the Rebellion - Written in 220 AD

“‘The Azure Sky is dead! The Yellow Sky has risen!’ -Zhang Jue

Luoyang was in ashes, the world was crashing down on itself, and the Yellow Sky was everywhere. Zhang was triumphant, his Yellow Army was everywhere for they did not stop in the North. Oh no, he did not stop when Luoyang was burning, for he continued exporting his ideals to the south. Even if the South wanted nothing to do with the butchers of the North, they were going to get a taste of what was to come from Zhang and his ‘army’. They would try time and time again to bring it under his heel, but the Southerners knew that if they gave up an inch of their land, they would face the sword. But what caused this? What caused this dynasty, this seemingly impenetrable fortress, to be taken down by nothing more than a failed examinee?

Well, that is a story of bad luck, treachery, and the Mandate itself.

It all began some time before Zhang had his ‘revelation’, whatever that might have been. For some time in the province of Liang, there was quite the disturbance by some groups who were not yet part of our civilization. They hadn’t been truly cultured yet, and so they stuck to their ways, constantly harassing those who were cultured, but this was not entirely their fault. The local government was treating both uncultured and cultured horribly, taxing them intensively, starving them of their livelihoods, and only becoming a replica of the degenerated court in Luoyang. It was only more proof that the Middle Kingdom has lost its mandate, but I digress.

This is a story after all, not a commentary. So where was I? Right.

The Rebellion started not as a classical peasant rebellion, where the peasants simply got mad and killed some imperial representative, but as something more… fanatical. It had clear goals, clear motives. It was an actual movement, determined to bring down the empire, and replace it with something different, something that goes against everything that has been tried and tested. Yet it did not start out in the fields, nor in the countryside. Oh no, far from it. It started in the beating heart of the empire, the brain, the central system that everything relies on. Luoyang. On the 3rd month, and on the 5th day of the 7th year of Lingdi’s reign… they did it. They actually did it. They…they rose up…and with the speed and efficiency of an army, they took the capital… and what did they do with it?

Well, like any self-respecting rebel group, they burned it down. They burned down the ‘root of all evil in Zhongguo’. It didn’t matter that there were men, women, and children in Luoyang. To them, they were just as bad as the eunuchs, the commanders, and the concubines that brought this vast land to ruin.

Then everything went downhill from there. Day after day, there were reports of yellow-turbaned fanatics slaughtering imperial bureaucrats, farmers dropping their tools or fashioning weapons out of them, and all sorts of disorder. They then started on their march, their march to free Sina of this failed dynasty. To finally bring about the end of the Azure Sky, and then usher in the Yellow one. They began by liberating the East from the corrupt inspectors of the Qing and You provinces. What they did to those provinces could only be described as an absolute nightmare. Every bureaucrat who refused to join was massacred. Burned, tortured, mutilated, all just punishment for losing the Mandate.

Next on their agenda was the East. Past the ruins of Luoyang lies Liang Province, home of Zuang Guo, the corrupt governor of the frontier province. He was swiftly dealt with when the Yellow Turbans came. What happened after his fall was the cycle that burned down Luoyang. The cycle of barbaric acts, acts that could only be committed by savage, uncultured swine, or fanatic peasants who do not know the meaning of civilization. Once that was out of the way, then began their march south, yet there were complications. Mainly in the form of resistance. You see, the south is not like the tumultuous north, where once the head was chopped off and everything descended into madness. Oh no, while the north burned, the south got its act together under a series of former inspectors turned warlords. Mainly Shi Xie, Liu Yao, and Yuan Shu. Together, with all their skills, manpower, and determination pooled into one force, they managed to hold back the Yellow Turbans at the cities of Jiangxia and Jingzhou. This would signal the end of the Yellow Turbans’ first attempt to break the south…

That’s right, this wasn’t the first time they did this. They tried multiple times, 5 months after the first battle of Jiangxia, they tried again, but failed under the weight of the Jade Coalition. Again and again, they were pushed back. For the same reason… fear. The fear of what would happen if they showed any signs of weakness. They knew what happened in the north, and they were not going to let it happen to the south.

And so, they fought with fury of 10,000 tigers, showing no signs of weariness. They were going to make sure that for every Jade soldier who perishes, they would take at least twenty Yellow Turbans with them to the afterlife. Day after day, month after month, they fought with an ever intensifying hatred of the Turbans. They saw their brothers perish in the North, now… now they will pay for destroying the wor-”

“While this is an invaluable piece of information gathered from scouring the Historical Archives in Hejing, they are only part of it. Turn to page 34, and you’ll see fragmentary passages from the Five Kingdoms Period.”

Excerpts from the Five Kingdoms Period

“It seems that the Yellow Turbans have finally ceased their advances into the Kingdom of Lin. Thank the heavens for that miracle. When they ended the reign of Lingdi all those years ago, I thought they would never stop their ceaseless march South”

“When will this nightmare end? I lost everything. My lover, my estate, my wealth. Everything. I have been reduced to the status of a filthy peasant...can this get any wor-”

“This would imply that there was a period of instability in the south, evidenced by the almost floodlike migration of refugees from the First Federation of Harmonious Peoples to the Six Kingdoms of the south. Mainly the kingdoms of Lin, Shu, and Shen.

Another vital piece of information is the rather depressing transcription of raids following the failure of the Southern Campaign. The piece of text describes a weary commander who has a heightened sense of paranoia following a lack of daily raids by the Federation. Turn to page 35, and you’ll understand the context of this man.”

Update on the Situation with the Federation

“Everything seems quiet on the Yangtze Commandery. There hasn’t been an attack by the Turbans for over three months now. While this may seem relieving to the lower ranking troops, it disturbs me greatly. This could only signify that they are planning an attack of an immeasurable size. How many, who knows! 50,000? 100,000? Possibly a million Turbans? All we know is that they stopped their raids, and that’s about the only piece of info we have so far.”...

I fear...I fear that they will plan a strike so magnificent, that they will destroy us. That they will break through the Commandery’s defenses, and show no mercy for holding back for so long their tidal wave. By the heavens, when will this end!?”

"Now, we must add some clarity to these texts and excerpts. While these valuable pieces of information do describe the Eastern and Southern Campaigns in some capacity, it does not describe the main reasons for why the rebellion was a massive success. Now granted, when the rebellion started in Luoyang, most people saw it as a completely random and unexpected event. Yet a ‘spontaneous riot’ would not have the support of several eunuchs, nor would it have occurred in the highly defended capital. Many scholars today have regarded the Luoyang ‘uprising’ a well-coordinated effort by the Yellow Turbans and the Zhang brothers. They had several eunuchs knowingly prepare uprising in Luoyang by supplying them with swords, crossbows, and most important of all, recruits.

Another factor as to why the Rebellion was a success was the less mentioned, but still crucial Liang Province Rebellion. The rebellion, caused by the now-extinct Qiang peoples, was in response to the ever-corrupting inspectorial rule of Liang Province. Huangfu Song, a well respected military general before the Yellow Turban Rebellion, was killed by a stray arrow during a minor skirmish with the rebellion. The murder of an effective general, along with the length of the Liang rebellion, distracted most competent soldiers from the real chaos in Luoyang, at least for a while.

While these factors also caused the rebellion to be as successful as they were, these do not underlie the main cause of the Yellow Turban Rebellion, and the subsequent Black Turban Rebellion we all know in recent history. The main factor to these two rebellions was an ever-corrupting local and national government, a combination of natural disasters, and a lack of basic necessities caused by the former two. Take for example the Black Turban Rebellion. The former Viet Nam regime was notorious for its widespread corruption, extending down to even the lowliest bureaucrat. It lead to citizens being stripped of their property, their farms, and their way of life. With this, many turned to Turbanism, but due to the peculiar nature of Viet Nam, it morphed into an ethno-supremacist variant of Fourth-Wave Turbanism. This strain of Turbanism, known as Viet Turbanism has carved a path of destruction throughout Southeast Asia. It’s crimes cannot be mistaken for a fluke, and its ideology cannot be denied for how effective, and how ideologically similar they are to the Original Turbanists of 937 AD.

Now, with the preliminary information out of the way, shall we begin?"

csjFJNZ.png

I would like to thank my good friend @Sirion , who helped me with the writeup of the map, as well as helping me solidify the lore within the world of A Yellow Sky. As well as @deleonism for the Latin translations​

Last edited by a moderator:
The following is an ASB scenario: Jacky Cassidy was a seemingly normal person when she took the helm of the Soviet Union. She planned to begin reforms and augment the development of the Soviet Union. During her first few years she pushed through reforms which eased state restrictions of the economy, privatised industry and agriculture, and instituted capitalism. She also introduced a monarchy and ended the cold war. Jacky ended all restrictions on religion in the Soviet Union. With new freedom entrepreneurs innovated and the economy prospered. By 1984 a new liberal constitution was introduced and a liberal democracy with a democratically elected prime ministership was introduced. Jacky Cassidy began to introduce new and advanced technology such as high-energy lasers, asteroid mining technology and directed energy technology. After much convincing the united states was allowed to join the Soviet Union albeit as an autonomous region in a confederation with the Soviet Union. Afterward the countries of Europe plus lots of other countries were to become protectorates (i.e. they were to be protected) by the soviet-founded confederation. When South Africa fell into civil war the resulting states became protectorates of the confederation. The US was allowed to attack and conquer Venezuela, Saudi Arabia, Iran and Egypt plus other countries.
1980.png

Info about the Jacky Cassidy:
Her Skills and talents: combat, engineering, science, programming, creation of almost any kind of technology in the universe, wilderness survival, farming, military and political strategy, propaganda, biology, physics, math, chemistry, mechanics, mathematics, hacking, espionage, economics, public speaking

Jacky Cassidy
hair colour: blond
Eye colour: blue

4 ft tall

Good characteristics: Genius-level intelligence, photographic memory

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.