Map Thread XIX

Status
Not open for further replies.
upload_2019-8-29_19-48-32.png

upload_2019-8-29_19-48-49.png

Gaze in awe at the contemporary map of religion, made by me, Tomislav Addai. I tried to work with the most accurate sources I came upon; you can trust me on Europe, South Aemrica, North America, the petty islands of the Carribean and Oceania. In Africa, sources became more scarce, and I had to rely on Joshua Project, as I did for Papua. The Middle East is done according to Gulf 2000 Maps of course.

SpudNutimus

Banned
Surely in a Eurowank such as this we should see Moldova rejoin their Romanian brothers!
Alas, tensions with the Shanghai Pact (an alliance between the CSTO and China) mean that Moldova is forced into a state of neutrality between the two to avoid conflict.
Also: "Excluding Martian protectorates" Tell me more!
Over the course of the next few decades, reusable rocket technology improves to the point where, although still dangerous, it's feasible for an average person to charter a trip to the Moon or Mars. By 2042, several major powers have established Lunar and Martian "protectorates", as the term colony is too oppressive, and the population on these bodies is in the hundreds of thousands.

View attachment 484050
View attachment 484051
Gaze in awe at the contemporary map of religion, made by me, Tomislav Addai. I tried to work with the most accurate sources I came upon; you can trust me on Europe, South Aemrica, North America, the petty islands of the Carribean and Oceania. In Africa, sources became more scarce, and I had to rely on Joshua Project, as I did for Papua. The Middle East is done according to Gulf 2000 Maps of course.
This is a tremendous resource. I must say though several of the subdivisions look very unfamiliar and not like any second order subs I am aware of.

This is a tremendous resource. I must say though several of the subdivisions look very unfamiliar and not like any second order subs I am aware of.
Subdivisions were drawn by Drex, and quickly adopted by me, for they combine the Paradox-style maps with the modern political layout. Plus, the maps covers the whole world and has no "wasteland" areas. For more detail, you can take a look at my threads :

Religious M-BAM
and its precursor Religious map

The former is more detailed, also keeping the subdivision borders. The latter one was an earlier project, and has erased all subdivision borders. It shows minorities by a pixel or two, what is no longer the way they are depicted on the newer map

Damn, that would be epic! I have also thought of an idea discussed in another thread about a multinational Patagonia composed of:
-French Kingdom of Araucania and Patagonia
-German Valdivia
-Welsh Y Wladfa
-Boer settlements in Patagonia
-Basque settlements in Patagonia
-Mapuche natives
-Croatian Tierra del Fuego
-Scottish Falklands
-Scandinavian South Georgia

All of which were real settlements and migrations IRL.
This actually gave me an idea for a multinational Australia:
blank_map_of_australia_by_dinospain_d8meli2.png

Damn, that would be epic! I have also thought of an idea discussed in another thread about a multinational Patagonia composed of:
-German Valdivia
-Welsh Y Wladfa
-Mapuche natives
-Scottish Falklands

-German Valdivia
-Welsh Y Wladfa
-Mapuche natives
-Scottish Falklands

https://www.alternatehistory.com/fo...appen-map-thread.317821/page-82#post-18682512

alt0d.png

Timeline for my d20 modern game where Trotsky is able to beat back Poland and goes absolutely ham afterwards its a little ASB but the TL:DR of it is that after trotsky pushes all the way to france England grabs all of the other european empires colonies for Security reasons America went towards technocracy after a earlier great depression and has a policy of leave us alone or we will leave you lifeless.

The Eurasian Union of Soviet Socalist republics is a mess but Trotsky keeps it organized even after the Franco-German bloc went its own way towards a more libertarian socalist.

As spain and italy went towards a anarchy lite philosophy.

As south america begins to lean towards authoritarianism.

Brittan has grown weary with enemies all around but she will hold fast as she looks back and stands alone

Thousand Week Reich - Map of Europe in 2019

EuropeJPG2.jpg

Hi! This is a map of europe in the Thousand Week Reich timeline (thread) in 2019 (60 years after the US-UK invasion of germany), according to AP246's lore with some extrapolation

Last edited:
Magnificent, just magnificent! I especially like what you did in Mali, Katanga and North Nigeria

Why thank you. Ongoing civil wars are messy things, so I decided to show them as such on this map (though it took ages; seriously, the civil war in the Sudanic Republic (TTL's name for Mali) took me two to three weeks to finish).

I can't see an image.

Bugger. Must've removed the map somehow when I edited the post to add some background lore yesterday night. I've just added some more of the write-up and hopefully re-added the map just now, so it should be sorted. Tell me if there are any more problems.

Changed "Martian Protectorates" to "Extraterrestrial Protectorates" to account for the lunar ones, definitely done now.View attachment 484058
I feel the Martian and Lunar ones would have separate administrations. Probably similar to Overseas possessions though. Actually, what ate the main languages used in the European colonies in space? I am guessing everyone learns English, French, and German as kids or adults? I can see France is doing well enough for itself, having managed to keep from losing land to Catalonia or the Basque. The Basque having Navarre despite half of it being Catalan speaking or such. I feel Liechentstein would have kept as it is already, being too small to be of much use either for the Europeans or themselves. If it joined it would have a disproportion amount of influence, while also losing certain legal safeguards. How is Scotland feeling about the Scotch-Ulsterites going Irish!

Status
Not open for further replies.