Map Thread XIX

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh dear. No offense, but it seems that image’s source would be more from anti-Israeli propaganda about a supposed Greater Israel than from the quote you give. Nothing in their about the Nile. Sure, it mentions Wilderness, but that probably counts as the Sinai peninsula.

The Biblical description of the Promised Land says "from the river of Egypt to the great river, the Euphrates River" (the word river appears twice in close succession like that in the text). The river of Egypt is generally taken to mean the Nile. Of course, historically there were other rivers of Egypt, further east, about as far as the modern Suez Canal.

That said, I have literally never seen a "Greater Israel" that wasn't antisemitic propaganda.

The Biblical description of the Promised Land says "from the river of Egypt to the great river, the Euphrates River" (the word river appears twice in close succession like that in the text). The river of Egypt is generally taken to mean the Nile. Of course, historically there were other rivers of Egypt, further east, about as far as the modern Suez Canal.

That said, I have literally never seen a "Greater Israel" that wasn't antisemitic propaganda.

And in any event if it extends to the Nile, it doesn't have to extend for hundreds of miles along it, which given Egypt's population distribution, is a literally insane arrangement.

Screen Shot 2020-07-05 at 7.18.27 PM.png

ETERNAL GLORY TO THE GREAT TAWANTINSUYU, HEIRS OF INTI, CHILDREN OF THE SUPREME INCA
Pizarro fails to conquer the Incan Empire. The empire continues throughout the centuries, growing and developing, thwarting Spain's efforts to colonize Argentina, Chile, and Ecuador. Eventually, they give up on lower South America altogether, especially after the Portuguese conquer Brazil and Spain's only significant settlement to the south of the continent, Uruguay. The exportation of Incan language, culture, and religion unites South America against European imperialism. During the Napoleonic Wars, Britain helps the Inca repel the Spanish from Colombia and Venezuela, while they expand into the Amazon region. British influences help form the modern Inca state, which includes a formalized monarchic system, proper territorial subdivisions, diplomatic relations with Europe and the independent Americas, the modernization of the Incan army, and the development of a complex economy.

Today, the Empire of Tawantinsuyu is a powerful nation, rivaling even the greatest of European countries. Its capital city is Qusqu, also known as "Cuzco". It is a divine absolute monarchy led by the Sapa Inca, a title held by Sepahua VI of the long-ruling House of Pachacuti. Tawantinsuyu is the leader of the "League of Inti", a close alliance of Incaic states that include the Incanates of Chili (central Chile), Qulkaya (Argentina, southern Chile, southeastern Paraguay), Ikwayur (western Ecuador), and Cundina (Panama, parts of Colombia and Venezuela). Other noteworthy states include the Empire of Brazil (eastern Brazil, Uruguay, the Guyanas, Suriname), Tawantinsuyu's chief rival, and the Kingdom of New Spain (Mexico, west and southwest United States, Central America minus Belize and Panama), another important adversary.

Last edited:
Sorry to post another almost-done WIP...I post most of them in the WIP thread, but they don't get much attention there, and I figured more people would want to see this.

I'm doing some cover's of @rvbomally Ideological Worlds, in Equal Earth Projection. This is the Neocon World, wherein the ideology regnant between 2000-2008 is a lot stronger and continues forever. There are a lot more invasions, terror attacks, and American spherelings and satellites.

Russia is the Evil Empire, though there are also African states in a new "Axis of Evil." China is America's "friend," of course (in reality it grows and profits off American-secured trade and does nothing in return.)

Neocon World.png

Thus is the new map thread born.

This map thread is gonna reach its limit.
We have made a new map thread. I guess we should post here.

Map Thread XIX's life is moving peacefully towards its close.

Thank you for being my first Map Thread. Long live Map Thread XX!

@CalBear, O Ursa Major, please do the honors and lock this thread forevermore. May the Spirit of Cartography live on!

(EDIT: Since everyone seems to have moved on, though IMO we jumped the gun a little...)

Status
Not open for further replies.