View attachment 562303
The Penisula Ablaze!
Year is 1982. Here's my take on a more "influential" Italy during the Cold War (after a 2nd Civil War).
The Italians (Christian Democracy
) helped Somalia against the attempted 1969 coup by Siad Barre and even during TTL Ogaden War (Italian Social Movement)
helping also the Eritrean Independence Movements , also the "unification" of "Greater" Syrian Arab Republic might had some help from a certain "prince". The Italians also help the Kingdom of Greece in Exile (TTL Kuomintang China/ Taiwan
) ; the USSR meanwhile is slightly more involved in the MENA region thanks to the Beria Plan
so you have an Armenia SSR that nearly has all of its historical territory but has to bear the border with those who partecipated in their slaughter just more than half a century ago, then a victorious South Yemen. So far no one has bothered either Afghanistan or Iran.
So far the Federation of Arab Republics (Sudan, Lybia and Egypt) are now more leaning towars the USA while going on a Roaring Rampage of Revenge since Sadat barely survived the attempted assassination by the (Egyptian) Muslim Brotherhood, who are also trying to overthrow Hafez Al Assad but will suffer the same fate of their bretheren in the F.A.R. ; Kurdistan meanwhile is struggling so far because of its size and the recent expulsion of Syrian Kurds, not to mention that both their neighbors don't enjoy having a border with them, with Turkey having to deal with a Grey Wolf insurgency.
The USSR meanwhile is fine and stable, not good but could be worse, after having only 2 premiers in 29 years, with their successor (?) seemingly interested into continuing Krhuschevism
apparently good track record, with Armenians having recoreved miracolously above their Medz Yeghern
and now number above 3,500,000 , maybe caused by the avengement of their genocide and the more availabity of land and space, maybe even the Khruschev and Kosygin thaws are responsable and the oil demand boom might be responsable, there are talks of even European businesses (Italian, Spanish and Portuguese) opening up, after Kosygin sucessor is talking about a new wave of thaws, aready being called Gorbachevism, a new brand of Communism perhaps?
FAR LEFT AUTHORITARIAN IDEOLOGIES IN "THE PENISULA ABLAZE"
OTHER IDEOLOGIES :
- Stalinist "Marxism-Leninsm"
- (Romanian) National Communism
- Democratic Socialist Syndicalist (aka Berlinguerism)
- Social Nationalism (Italian Social Movement)
- Italian Third Positionism (New Order maybe?)
- Lopesismo ( Portugal accepted the Marshall money, Salazar kicked the bucket in 1951)
- Thai Third Positionism (long story short : Thailand greatly won in the 1940s Franco-Thai War taking away Laos and Cambodia and Phibun wasn't overthrown, governing until his death)
- Canada in general (the British West Indies plus the Falklands were handed over to them nearly 60 years ago)
- Monarchism is still more than a thing