Map Thread XIX

Status
Not open for further replies.
Alright everyone. Listen up.

I have been considering this for a loooong time right now. I gotta tell you all the truth.

I'm a Frontliner. Yes. I'm a driver for a hospital here in Manila (I volunteered for it). I fear for my life everyday when I drive around to deliver masks, supplies etc. To my and other hospitals.

I have become sick. I'm showing signs of Covid 19. Promise. I'm not saying a lie. I went to the med to get a test and I'm still waiting for the results. I continuously pray everyday for my life.

While I wait for the results, I have decided to quit AH.com for a while. I better focus on my own health and not my threads.

So... I will be inactive starting now. I will still be constantly lurking around and reading stuff when I get the chance. I'll be answering any questions etc.

So yeah. And sorry I tried using the Map Thread as my own. I never meant to do it.

Anyways... May God Bless Me and I hope I'm not positive.

Alright everyone. Listen up.

I have been considering this for a loooong time right now. I gotta tell you all the truth.

I'm a Frontliner. Yes. I'm a driver for a hospital here in Manila (I volunteered for it). I fear for my life everyday when I drive around to deliver masks, supplies etc. To my and other hospitals.

I have become sick. I'm showing signs of Covid 19. Promise. I'm not saying a lie. I went to the med to get a test and I'm still waiting for the results. I continuously pray everyday for my life.

While I wait for the results, I have decided to quit AH.com for a while. I better focus on my own health and not my threads.

So... I will be inactive starting now. I will still be constantly lurking around and reading stuff when I get the chance. I'll be answering any questions etc.

So yeah. And sorry I tried using the Map Thread as my own. I never meant to do it.

Anyways... May God Bless Me and I hope I'm not positive.
I wish you luck, and stay strong out there.

Was cleaning through my files, and I found this OTL map of Algeria from 1954 that I never posted. Might run utilize this to help design a rump French Algeria for a future map.

VQuiVGN.png

Also specific figures for cities over 40,000: (city name - population (pied-noir %)

Alger - 361,205 (54.5%)
Oran - 291,812 (59.3%)
Constantine - 143,334 (28.4%)
Bône - 114,068 (41.4%)
Sidi-bel-Abbés - 74,668 (42.7%)
Tlmecen - 66,391 (17.8%)
Mostaganem - 60,186 (32.9%)
Hussein-Dey - 60,054 (30.1%)
Biskra - 52,511 (3.3%)
Philippeville - 50,473 (55.8%)
Blida - 47,318 (31.9%)
Mason-Carreé - 45,384 (31.5%)
Bougie - 43,394 (16.3%)

Greetings and salutations.

As I've mentioned, I've been having internet troubles (for some reason it seems to be working a bit better today) and after I ran across @Baconheimer's "Spaghetti on the Steppe" scenario, I couldn't get the map to load - indeed, I couldn't even see if there was a map, although since it was on the map thread, it surely must.

So, in an impulsive mood, I decided to do my own cover (with booze! And hookers!) of the scenario, and having been working on it the last couple days. But the computer, as I said, has been working better, and today I saw Baconheimer's map in all it's unholy glory. So many subdivisions! I felt quite humbled.

So, although my map is the lesser work (and i was way off in several ways in interpreting the text, although I turned my eyes swiftly as a man avoiding the Basilisk to keep my brain uncontaminated with notions of the "right way"), should I go ahead and finish it? Or put it in the Pit of Stuff Probably Never to Be Finished and get cracking on some of my other projects?
Bruce if you have gone to the effort of creating something why not finish it. All of us love the work that gets posted here it allows us to escape the madness that is the real world.

Re-posting this from the Map Request Thread:

Hi! I'm here to request a map of the United States (and neighboring territories controlled by other nations). I've been writing my timeline for a while now and need a map to show the current borders of the United States.

The current borders of the United States goes like this (if the map is labeled "United States of America, 1790," that would be awesome):

The original borders of the United States in 1790 (everything from the east coast to the Mississippi River), with Florida (West and East Florida combined into one territory), Quebec, Nova Scotia, Bermuda, and Rupert's Land part of the United States as well (basically, everything east of the Mississippi from Canada to Florida belongs to the United States).

Each state should be outlined. The current states are (20 in total):

-The original Thirteen Colonies aka States.
-Nova Scotia (which includes New Brunswick and Prince Edward's Island).
-Vermont
-Maine
-Hisigi (eastern Kentucky and eastern Tennessee combined, with a part of Virginia ceded to the Hisigi state to make the eastern borders even).
-Kentucky (western Kentucky and western Tennessee combined).
-Quebec (which is OTL's Quebec and Upper Canada, except the areas around Niagara Falls and the western parts of Upper Canada).
-Iroquois (borders are from the 1784 and 1796 territories, with the eastern borders adjusted to make them even, along with areas from the Niagara Falls to around OTL Michigan. Make the small silver of Ohio as part of the Iroquois state).
5NationsCession.jpg

If the territories can be outlined as well (the Florida Territory, Rupert's Territory, the Northwestern Territory (OTL's Indiana, Ohio, and Michigan), Unorganized Territories (Wisconsin and Illinois), Mississippi Territory (OTL's Mississippi and Alabama), that would be awesome.

I am willing to pay upwards $10 through Pay Pal if anyone is willing to do this for me. Please reply if you're interested in working on the map :). Thank you!

Last edited:
Z6FVkVr.png

Continuing in my recent map series.

With support from the Iberian Empire the three French puppet states unify under King François II of the house of Hapsburg. This map is published across the new French Union celebrating the event. The union meets harsh criticism from Germany and her allies. The Parisian Crisis occurs as a direct result of the union when a detachment of the Iberian 3rd army is moved along the German border north of Dijon. Germany in response doubles its forces along the border, and several Spanish merchant vessels are seized in harbour along with their goods. The crisis is solved at least temporarily at the Glascow Conference several months later when Iberia agrees to withdrawal its forces and Germany returns the merchants. In spite of this the Germans refuse to recognize the French Union, with Emperor Otto IX of Germany reportedly saying "while the world celebrates this [Glasgow Treaty] as a herald of peace, I know in my heart it a harbinger of ruination."

This might be the wrong place to ask, but do any of you know how I might upload a map that is too large for both Imgur and Discord?
Deviantart? I mean, I wouldn't know for sure since I literally only made an account to see a soviet althist map, but I'd think that it's your best chance

Alright guys. Results came in, way early than I expected (took the test on Thursday).

And Thank God! I'm negative! Bless the Lord! I will not shut down the account anymore, but we'll see what happens.

Z6FVkVr.png

Continuing in my recent map series.

With support from the Iberian Empire the three French puppet states unify under King François II of the house of Hapsburg. This map is published across the new French Union celebrating the event. The union meets harsh criticism from Germany and her allies. The Parisian Crisis occurs as a direct result of the union when a detachment of the Iberian 3rd army is moved along the German border north of Dijon. Germany in response doubles its forces along the border, and several Spanish merchant vessels are seized in harbour along with their goods. The crisis is solved at least temporarily at the Glascow Conference several months later when Iberia agrees to withdrawal its forces and Germany returns the merchants. In spite of this the Germans refuse to recognize the French Union, with Emperor Otto IX of Germany reportedly saying "while the world celebrates this [Glasgow Treaty] as a herald of peace, I know in my heart it a harbinger of ruination."
Very interesting. What's the POD?

Very interesting. What's the POD?
Initial POD is fourth crusade re-captures Jerusalem rather than sacks Constantinople other stuff happens such as Rome later sacked by Crusaders headed to Spain, but the main French POD is King Henry V becomes king of France. He later dies in the Crusading in defense of Jersalem in 1450. As a result France erupts in civil war, King Henry VI is incompetent several different claimants to the French throne. Including Charles the Bold, Louis Charles Duke of Normandy and Louis XI (the most legitimate claim), I also want the Habsurgs to have a claim but I'm not really sure how to do that. As a result of the war the Kingdom of Burgundy is re-established and France is again divided. Scottish and Welsh rebellions also weaken England. Over the next few decades the English rule continues to decay on the continent.

France is never again united fully. Burgundy also takes the lowlands and replaces the Habburgs as the dominate force in the HRE in the 1600s.

As Spain grows strong the French lands are stuck between a rock and a hard place with the Burgundy and Spain find having a weak buffer between them useful. In the late 1800s Iberian Empire begins supporting the unification of France believing it the best way to challenge continental domination of Germany. Three French states successfully unify in 1902.

I'm open to any sugggestion you have to improve the TL. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.