Map Thread XIX

Status
Not open for further replies.
The more I look at this map, the more I see. Wow this USA got mulched.

Not as bad as it could have, these are only the top 150 or so cities of the USA post WWIII/post-Great American Desert. The United States has finally started having emigration waves, and has fallen into middle country territory, with many of its best and brightest leaving to find higher wages in Nigeria, India, Argentina, Australia, and ironically, the Philippines.

Sees the Great Lakes

Thanks, I hate it.

They're not dry, the US just is a lot more antsy about it's Great Lakes border as Canada remained strong and grew stronger (hovering around 55 million souls), while the United States withered into a population of ~50 million

The legal mess that will come if the question of African Americans reparations is brought up. So, I'm guessing there was a second American civil war in the future?

There was lots of low level insurgency and lone wolf and cell attacks prior to WWIII, and World War III just brought it into a warlord era. Subduing the United States however, did not prove hard as it's access to it's traditional levers of power proved insufficient in such a global crisis, and the UN negotiated international reparations. Internal reparations were negotiated by the US gov't and a hefty chunk every year is set aside to be used by the public of these communities. The US has recently in TTL been trying to backtrack on reparations, but its uncertain how that will go given the much more diverse nature of the US countryside is these days (Yiddish, Penn Deutsch, Hmong, and Spanish, in addition to reviving native languages is making travel harder for the exclusively english speakers).

Let the Caliphate go where? The Ottomans couldn't let the Caliphate go any more than the Pope could let apostolic succession go.

EDIT: I just wanted to add that I love the map. It looks great and the borders are really fun and unique. But it does raise a lot of questions about the Islamic world.
They were rebelling to go out and the minorities in the ottomans wanted them to leave, it's strange. I made this for fun so I can't really explain everything in detail :(

Crossposting my MOTF for Happy Little Accidents I'd love to point out both OTL and TTL instances of US State and territorial borders being decided by bizarre circumstances

motf214_1__by_spazzreflex_ddvcbvx-pre.png

What's the status of the creamy coloured states?

Cold Planet.png

This map and scenario is an ASB and so may not be realistic.

On June 13, 1935, A comet of unknown origins, possibly originating from outside of the Oort cloud, Crash into the southern pacific, launching large ashes from the impact into the atmosphere and slowing the earth rotation. This results in a new ice age and lower sea levels. Eventually, nations like Germany were forced to expanded down south sparking the great European war. The war ended in 1942 with the germans expanding down south spreading its people. Eventually, famines occurred across forcing nations such as the US to invaded Mexico and large white migration into Africa, as well as the collapse of the USSR with famines taking a toll on the population. This results in a large white majority rule in many African nations sparking dictatorships. by 1944, The population of the earth would shrink increasingly from 2.6 Million to 1.9 Million. To save the human race, members of the league of nations, as well as the US, Would begin researching space trave much early and thanks to large funding and researching, begin colonization in the 1960s. soon faster than light space travel would allow humans to discover planets with near-earth like qualities. known as phoenixes. Mass colonization would occur on the Moon, Mars and Phoenixes. By 2033 the world has changed. Fascism is still very popular with many nations adopting it. While famines are rare thanks to artificial meat and food from the colony, Quality of the earth is pretty bad with Most of the northern and southern hemisphere have small to no summers. Dictatorships have arisen in the US. and the planet off-world colonies are fighting back against earth rule.

Last edited:
What's the status of the creamy coloured states?

The Dodoma Treaties were created in the wake of political crises after WWIII arose around Tibet, Sakha, and Alaskan sovereignty, and are a legal mechanism for states to get increased United States United Nations Authority (USAUNA) supervision for a political solution to the situation. As such a coalition of regional units with interests in the future of the US polity, Canada, Cuba, The Bahamas, Mexico, etc. send officials to help mediate disputes between two legally distinct people groups. The cream colored states have not had or previously resolved a Dodoma related dispute, and have less oversight from the USAUNA (essentially as autonomous as the current US is vis a vis the UN). So some legal scholars in the United States claim the Dodoma Treaty legally renders territories adhering to USAUNA guidelines as codominiums between the US and UN and recognize them as foreign territory alien to the processes and protection of the Federal Constitutional ala Germany after WWII, and act as if they are occupied entities. It's a common enough belief that Columbia FD has quietly begun restricting what they see as international or even Indian country commerce in the guise of constitutionality. Of course, the UN and USAUNA are debating intervention, but they're seeing if domestic politics will nationally shift on their own before they have to force them to.

1587506807615.png
Some years ago, I made this map. If I were to update it to today, how could I make it more accurate? Advice pretty please? (disclaimer: I am not representing any of my own political beliefs in this)

View attachment 541219Some years ago, I made this map. If I were to update it to today, how could I make it more accurate? Advice pretty please? (disclaimer: I am not representing any of my own political beliefs in this)

Accurate to OTL yes? Firstly remove Iran from US sphere. Secondly North Korea to Chinese sphere. Syria (more specifically Assad government) to Russia? UK is no longer in the EU. Those are the first things that come to mind. Also Switzerland to grey might make more sense.

@Lottie Canada is pretty firmly inside the American sphere of influence, and does not at all have its own comparable sphere compared to any of the other powers

World War III just brought it into a warlord era.

We still have enough nukes to depopulate the northern hemisphere and a historical tendency towards disproportionate response. Which countries participated in WWIII, (Nigeria, India, Argentina, Australia, and the Philippines certainly didn't)?

We still have enough nukes to depopulate the northern hemisphere and a historical tendency towards disproportionate response. Which countries participated in WWIII, (Nigeria, India, Argentina, Australia, and the Philippines certainly didn't)?
WWIII wrapped up all of The US's longstanding international conflicts by forcing a massive change: Every nuclear power launched a nuclear weapon (including Saudi Arabia who had just joined the club with 4 nuclear missiles). The war itself lasted till 2027, with nuclear weapons flying around as late as May 2027 in secondary strikes, and some less than official invasions by military personnel and rogue agents. However, the war ended up forcing intervention by local and regional powers to prevent further conflict, and the United Nations began evolving into essentially the NEIO. India is the nuclear power who suffered the least, way ahead of the US, and still holds a lot of immense international power.

You can add counties to one state, then add their OTL counties to an existing state. Doing this allows you to effectively migrate states over.
Oh, so there’re only 50 states in there, and the counties are arbitrarily representative (rather than actually representative) because they’re tied to a whole bunch of other counties rather than being “states” of their own. I see.

WWIII wrapped up all of The US's longstanding international conflicts by forcing a massive change: Every nuclear power launched a nuclear weapon (including Saudi Arabia who had just joined the club with 4 nuclear missiles). The war itself lasted till 2027, with nuclear weapons flying around as late as May 2027 in secondary strikes, and some less than official invasions by military personnel and rogue agents. However, the war ended up forcing intervention by local and regional powers to prevent further conflict, and the United Nations began evolving into essentially the NEIO. India is the nuclear power who suffered the least, way ahead of the US, and still holds a lot of immense international power.

I'd imagine India just had an exchange with Pakistan...although I do wonder how France got involved.

Status
Not open for further replies.