Map Thread XIX

Status
Not open for further replies.
I mean, if you want exposed undersea plateaus, you could get the Ontong Java Plateau to be a new small landmass, there's also the Mascarene Plateau, a sort of "Greater Azores" landmass, where you raise the Azores plateau and/or other parts of the mid Atlantic ridge.

I did a few of these landmasses myself, including an 'Antillia' proposal and the 'Meridian Archipelago' of the coast of Southern Africa.

Enjoy!

Starforce

Banned
Alternate US map. No particular reasons, just to my liking and my own bias.

pGT2WOu.png

Big fan B_Munro. Love Polish Texas :D but don't you think a full Germany incl. Austria would be free of the Polish yoke?

More like the US-German relationship: they beat them in a big-ass war and installed a more democratic government, but they're not forcibly keeping them down nowadays. Nowadays it's a matter of economic interest and mutual defense against such world threats as the Spanish-Italian Union or the Nihilist International.

Surely you can spring for a Polish Constantinople, no?

Always more of a Russian obsession, no?

Also, couldn’t the other West Slavs, the Czechs and Slovaks, been Polonized under the right circumstances?

Well, if you put the POD far enough back you might get a unified Slav world centered on the Vistula and extending from the Weser to the Volga, but I'm not sure how "Polish" in OTL terms that would be. Poland as a state is only a bit over a millennium old, and it took a little while to gel, so to speak.

That Russia's too damn big. I can see Poland, Mongolia and Manchuria. They're remote enough and far away from other Great Powers to make the conquests relatively uncontested. Everything else is super reaching. What's the history of this world?

EDIT: Oh it's an Nationalist-Reactionary Tsardom in a polarized world. Bleh. Better than Nazism, but still.

Last edited:
That Russia's too damn big. I can see Poland, Mongolia and Manchuria. They're remote enough and far away from other Great Powers to make the conquests relatively uncontested. Everything else is super reaching. What's the history of this world?

EDIT: Oh it's an Nationalist-Reactionary Tsardom in a polarized world. Bleh. Better than Nazism, but still.

The world begins when Alexander II never gets killed in 1881. He goes on reforms and in 1893 after a famine in Russia, liberals march on the Winter Palace and demand rights, forcing Alexander II to install a dual power system. Russia then defeats the Japanese soundly in 1905 and slashes any dreams of Japanese expansion. In 1913, some silly thing in the Balkans turns in WW1 and ends in an entente victory. Russia gets the Italy treatment and never receives Constantinople. Clerical-reactionary-fascists known as Varangists take over Russia in 1926. In WW2, an allinace of Britian, Germany, Italy, Japan, and more fight an alliance by Russia, USSA, and France. The Russian win WW2 and annex large collasal territories worldwide. With the horrible treatment of brutality and pitting peoples against each other, the Russian establish control in these territories.

I dunno: I think it needs a bit more Poland. What do you think?
Good, good...
I don´t know anything about Poland obsession with Constantinople... on the other hand, if there is Black sea power... (and on the third - they already can into open sea, so...)
What about Sweden? There was a personal union under Vasas, for few years...

Status
Not open for further replies.