Map Thread XIX

Status
Not open for further replies.
Love the map--I'm a big fan of detailed worldAs, they remind me a lot of pixel art. Which brings me to my question: do you have the basemap you used for this, the one with the latitude/longitude lines and blue outlines on landmasses? It would be much appreciated.

Looking forward to the next update to this!
Seconding this. I might try to do something similar to flesh out my more odd ideas rather than.having to build whole worlds.

fc2soip28e441.png

Here's my next Layers of Irredentism map: America. Much better than CB's version.

Layer 1: Current American territory.

Layer 2: Dom-Bul's American LOI (on DeviantArt), getting the easy stuff out of the way in one fell swoop.

Layer 3: Former American colonies, both de facto and de jure.

Layer 4: Other countries with a large portion of the population in favour of annexation.

Layer 5: The rest of North America.

Layer 6: The rest of the Anglosphere.

Layer 7: Every other "51st state" suggestion on Wikipedia as of December 2019.

Layer 8: Additional expansion suggested by Maurice Gomberg, Chris Roth, Robert E. Sherwood and the Italian Unionist Movement.

Layer 9: The rest of the Americas.

SpudNutimus

Banned
Finished maps of the German states throughout the early 20th century (excluding the greater Austro-Hungarian Empire in 1907), for my greater overarching timeline, Boll Weevil Blues. While I don't have time to go into the whole timeline's lore, here's a summary of the relevant German bits: For starters, Otto von Bismarck gets shot at by an assassin a few months before the Austro-Prussian War just like in our world, only in this timeline he actually gets killed. Since Bismarck is dead, cooler heads prevail in the Holstein Crisis and the Prussians back down. Since the Austro-Prussian War doesn't happen, the German Confederation sticks around, and Germany doesn't unify. The Franco-Prussian War is also avoided when Prince Leopold actually manages to take the Spanish throne instead of arriving late. Flash forward to 1907 when the Conflagration (this world's WW1) starts, by which point Britain has allied with Prussia and Austria, bringing the German Confederation onto their side, while France, Italy, the US, and Russia fight against them (the fact that the alliances fell this way may seem a bit strange but just trust me that I thought it through, I don't have time to explain it all). As the war drags on, the Prussian and Austrian militaries basically take de facto control of the countries, much like OTL imperial Germany, and all but the largest states are absorbed by them over time as autonomous subnational monarchies. Finally, as things collapse and the war is lost in 1915, Prussia loses Posen to the Russians, Schleswig to the Danes, and the Saarland and Luxembourg to the French, and the Prussian monarch abdicates and is replaced by a council of aristocrats. Then, in 1921, a nationalist paramilitary overthrows the Prussian aristocracy, who flee to the Rhineland, and the nationalists form the Prussian National State. Meanwhile in 1925, the Habsburgs have to put down a Bavarian revolt, and end up forming a triple monarchy of Swabia, Bavaria, and Austria, since pretty much all the other Habsburg realms were lost after WW1 much like IOTL. Throughout the 1920s, the Rhenish form an aristocratic oligarchy, the Hessians and Hanoverians form constitutional monarchies, Carniola becomes an Italian vassal, Hohenzollern (the province) becomes an independent microstate/tax haven, the Saarland becomes a democratic French vassal, Liechtenstein still exists as usual, Bohemia and Moravia are Austrian vassals (Czech nationalism is kind of nipped in the bud in the 19th century with some reforms and an aristocracy-fueled "Moravianism" as an ideology), and the Prussians do some saber-rattling, abolish the subnational monarchies, and become a general international pariah. Until, in 1932, the British stumble their way into a brief naval war with the French and Americans (which they quickly lose (yes I'm aware that the British losing a naval war at that time seems strange, once again I don't have time to explain, but trust me that I've thought it through)) and the Prussians see the opportunity to take back the Rhineland, and march there through Hesse. In response, French, Austrian, Rhenish, and Hessian forces completely annihalate them in battle, take Berlin, and topple the nationalists. Austria takes Thuringia as a fourth constituent monarchy, Saxony is restored under their old king, and a Prussian Republic is formed, but the old Rhenish aristocracy in the shadows hold real control. Finally, in 1940, a massive wave of pro-democracy protests throughout Germany force the various states to implement electoral reform and become real democracies, and Germany once again slowly opens up to the world and eventually retakes its spot as the economic heart of Europe.View attachment 508413
I decided to make higher quality versions because I'm a perfectionist with nothing better to do.
germany2 1907.png
germany2 1916.png
germany2 1931.png
germany2 1940.png

Last edited:

Skallagrim

Banned
Here's Superdeutsche Reich, but in Q-BAM, also a few expansions.

Has enough power to hold bits of Africa and lord it over Romanian principalities, but doesn't have Galizien, and tolerates a French border that is a very obvious strategic risk.

Impressive holdings, but whoever's in charge of this whole thing is just terrible at setting priorities!

the primary EU layers of irredentism

Ah, yes-- the Eurasomerican Union! :cool:

Has enough power to hold bits of Africa and lord it over Romanian principalities, but doesn't have Galizien, and tolerates a French border that is a very obvious strategic risk.

Impressive holdings, but whoever's in charge of this whole thing is just terrible at setting priorities!

Ah, yes-- the Eurasomerican Union! :cool:
upload_2019-12-13_21-40-35.png

oh my god Skallagrim, you made it stronger.

I had an urgent need to feed my inner imperialist.
Well, this is the result: Eurasian Empire. Dugin's eurasianism has nothing to do with it, it’s just Russian Empire, which has become too big to continue be called "Russian". Also, a fairly democratic state, albeit a rather conservative one.

Eurasian-Empire.png

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.