On the first of November Winston the ASB was feeling bored and wanted to shake things up, he decided to split the world into 4 based on the most popular religions, and give each their own planet. Being a lazy ASB he didn't use his omniscience to figure out the exact majorities of every nation but instead just checked a couple of lists on Wikipedia and trusted them to be accurate enough.
The mechanics of the ISOT are as follows:
- The three Virgin Earths are taken from a parallel timeline where humanity never evolved but everything else occurred exactly the same. Sea level and average temperature are the same as they were OTL before the industrial revolution (about 25 cm lower and 2 °C below current). On these worlds their is a lot of megafauna that humans drove to extinction in OTL, also the deserts tend to be smaller and the soil more fertile (no farming degrading it) but the land is much wilder and harsher than OTL.
- Every country (disputed and unrecognized states included) with a Christian, Muslim, or Hindu majority is moved from Earth Prime to it's designated planet. The Virgin Land and Sea replaced by those countries takes their place on Earth Prime. All of the land area and territorial waters of a country are included, the area goes far enough down to include all mines and oil wells and high enough up to include all planes flying overhead.
- Any military boats and planes in or over international waters go or stay with their home countries. Any civilian boats and planes in or over international waters go or stay with the country of the port/airport they are scheduled to dock/land at. Any tunnels, cables, pipelines, etc, through international waters are transported if the countries at both ends are on the same world.
- In earth orbit and on the moon any satellites, rovers, and space debris go or stay with whichever country put it there. The ISS goes with the christian world since the USA footed most of the bill. Same rule applies to other international programs.
- Antarctic bases go or stay with the country operating them. Territorial claims in Antartica are ignored with the continent staying on Earth Prime.
- (I will edit the answers to any other questions about the mechanics into this space)