View attachment 506265

APPENDIX 2
View attachment 506266

APPENDIX 3

View attachment 506267

REPORT 4 [CORRUPTED]

View attachment 506269
images

Since most people haven't seen it, here is the Frankish Empire in 1871. I could explain the lore, but the parallels should be obvious. This is from the Second Telephone Map Game. The Third Edition has just started, and I believe you can still join since the lists aren't full.

View attachment 506194
I don't think the Kingdom of Comte has any of the current Franche Comte in it. And looking it up, it seems it has the name for being a Free County, and not because of making it sound more French. I learned something new today. But yah, a game so I can't criticize.
Here's a larger version of the map in the wikibox in this post, depicting a communist sort-of-EU, having evolved from the ComEcon and taken on the role of not just economic but also gradual political integretion. A more in-depth timeline outline is contained in the linked post, but it is basically something of a moderate communism-wank, with the Cold War continuing to the present day but with the USSR and China evolving differently, ending up rather better places without various issues of OTL
View attachment 506087
And here's a worlda showing the general situation (with the green borders showing the above union)
View attachment 506086
I feel the situation would be different in Myanmar. There is not enough of a unified population in Arakan for something like this and I don't see anyone around to support it. When studying up on it two years back I think I came over something where it said the government of Bangladesh basically disowned them as being people born in Myanmar or the sort of people who helped Pakistan massacre the Bengals. I feel Eritrea wouldn't have that exact border. I think even today both countries have disputes over it, and if Ethiopia was in charge they might try to break it in half and put each with the colinguals in Ethiopia proper. Also, the Balkan Federation negotiations would have had Bulgarian Macedonia added to Serb Macedonia. Might be a good opportunity to also gut Albania in half, with a bit going to Kosovo. Though only a minor thing, really. Not like a timeline is being written for it. Interesting to see the Spanish colonies no longer being a part of it, but still being in their influence. Especially as IOTL Spain was making a deal with Morocco and Mauritania to give it to them as they left. Is this a continued Kingdom of Denmark here, or a Kingdom of Iceland? Also, that autonomous region in southern China. I think you should give it a coastline. The PRC made it and gave it a coast partially to divide and conquer and to keep that area from supporting the Cantonese.
Any explanation for Nepal and Bhutan? Seems it would be politically troublesome and unwanted for India to move in there. And did Tibet give up their claims on land in India and Bhutan here?
Turkey in its Civil War height:
View attachment 505999
Red: Old Government
Dark Blue: New Government
Light Blue: Leftist Goverments
Yellow: Kurdish Seperatists
Dark Gray: Some Terrorist organisation. Not sure what to call it.

After Treaty of Tblisi:
View attachment 506002
How did the Kurds and the terrorist group grab so much extra land? Surprised the Syrians didn't move in and take their land claim, or at least the part of it which was Arab populated. What do you think the situation in North Cyprus would be like?

The World of Horizon Falling, 2112
Current map of Earth for my TL, Horizon Falling. Questions and recommendations are very much welcome, as this is my first public map post here.
I plan to eventually post the full timeline on this site, but it's still very much under construction.
How fast was the flooding? I can't see the Americans and Europeans going out of their way to add extra states so close to the water. If it happened slower, I feel the Dutch would go Fourth Rjiks and encase everything from the Pyrennies to Narvik in sea walls. They could have Shell word wil the Norwegians in some quasi James Bond villain thing and use oil platforms to raise the walls between. But yah, in Europe having it based on larger regions rather than giving Bremen, South Tyrol, Lorraine, Vienna, etc their own cities may be more practical. Do you have that light blue area in north Italy as Venetia or is it for Fruili Venezia? Not actually Venetian. Though I read before that the Venetian once proposed they should combine with South Tyrol-Alto Adige and the Friuli area, but I suspect they would want that for their own power. Perhaps try that here? Though with linguistic protection for all. I imagine they might not want to be flooded by Venetians, and being in the Also they wouldn't need to worry about floods themselves. I don't see this Poland working at all. They didn't have enough people, and they secured Pomerania and Silesia partially by shipping in hundreds of thousands of Ukranians. I also say remove Liechtenstein from the EU. Too small for memebwrship, and it was happy being near the Swiss.
Another March of War map, this time of the European Alliance (in grey) circa 1939 - bordered by the Soviet Union to the east and the warlord-ruled Confederation of Africa to the south. The big black line is a DMZ between Europe and the Soviets. On the European side is the “Red Wall” - the world’s largest defensive line of bunkers, land mines, barbed wire, AT and AA guns, watchtowers, hidden artillery bunkers, soldiers armed to the teeth, and so much other stuff not even its commanders can keep track of it all. Little keeps the Alliance together aside from their mutual hatred of the Soviets and their desire to get their colonies back

View attachment 505675
Once. Just once. I want one of these maps where Switzerland is partitioned for no reason (the Germans and French in Berlin and Paris don't even understand their language) the Austrians would get it.

By the way, anyone rememeber a map on one of these threads where Blacks controlled Florida and the South, after deciding God was the reason they kept losignto them, decided the whites from Florida were actually High Yellow, and treated them as such? I am wondering if it was form a timeline or not.

For the last couple days I've been wondering how there's been a map set in 2112 and no one has made a comment about Rush.

I Ieel the situation would be different in Myanmar. There is not enough of a unified population in Arakan for something like this and I don't see anyone around to support it. When studying up on it two years back I think I came over something where it said the government of Bangladesh basically disowned them as being people born in Myanmar or the sort of people who helped Pakistan massacre the Bengals. I feel Eritrea wouldn't have that exact border. I think even today both countries have disputes over it, and if Ethiopia was in charge they might try to break it in half and put each with the colinguals in Ethiopia proper. Also, the Balkan Federation negotiations would have had Bulgarian Macedonia added to Serb Macedonia. Might be a good opportunity to also gut Albania in half, with a bit going to Kosovo. Though only a minor thing, really. Not like a timeline is being written for it. Interesting to see the Spanish colonies no longer being a part of it, but still being in their influence. Especially as IOTL Spain was making a deal with Morocco and Mauritania to give it to them as they left. Is this a continued Kingdom of Denmark here, or a Kingdom of Iceland? Also, that autonomous region in southern China. I think you should give it a coastline. The PRC made it and gave it a coast partially to divide and conquer and to keep that area from supporting the Cantonese.

The thing with Arakan and Myanmar was actually intended as a Chinese peacekeeping zone in response to the Rohingya crisis. Though looking at a map, it looks like the conflict is just limited to a smallish northern chunk of the state, so giving the whole state color as opposed to just the northern parts in retrospect doesn't necessarily make sense. Also perhaps the response wouldn't be some sort of outright peacekeeping zone, but the idea was that the Chinese, being more concerned about human rights in this scenario, would intervene somehow (maybe just diplomatically and with sanctions instead?) to try and stop the abuses

The idea in Ethiopia was vaguely along the lines of something like, as opposed to issues growing until the Eritrian war for Independence, the revolutionary government after the Empire is overthrown is more receptive to the start to desires for Eritrean autonomy, and reinstates the older federated system (which was abolished by Emper Selassie, so maybe the motivation of reverting the Emperor's actions could help make that happen). But what you proposed could be more plausible-looking at some maps, apparently they sort of did something like that OTL with rearranging provincial borders under the communist government

Good point about the Balkans, particularly Bulgarian Macedonia. I'm not entirely sure why Albania would be cut in half though? If anything, I thought it might instead be plausible for Albania and Kosovo to be united? But idk

With Spain, the leftists won the Civil War as opposed to the nationalists. They ended up pursuing autonomy and then independence for the colonies some years before the French would decolonize. Spanish (and some additional eastern bloc) support and development aid in the 1940s and 1950s led to the former colonies having rather more goodwill towards the Spanish. Spanish Morocco and those bits of territory between French Morocco and Western Sahara still ended up joining French Morocco when it got independence, but Equatorial Guinea and Western Sahara remained independent and with some association with Spain (and the eastern bloc in general)

The thing in Greenland and Iceland is a rump remnant of the Danish monarchy. By the end of the war in Europe, a year or two earlier than OTL, mainland Denmark is one of the areas occupied by the USSR. The US and UK end up propping up Greenland and and Iceland as a sort of loyalist Denmark, the 1944 republican referendum is either butterflied away with the different and quicker war end, or influenced by the WAllies to either not occur or to have different results due to the desire to keep it as a larger united polity to claim the mainland

And what about how Iceland was basically a dominion of sorts and its own mostly independent kingdom after 1918, just under the Danish monarchy, and separate from the Faroes and Greenland administratively? Well, let's just say that one way or another, the remnant Danish territories and Iceland ended up under at least de facto united administration. Perhaps the Danish monarchs still claim Denmark-proper but currently rule what has become larger Kingdom of Iceland (or Iceland-Greenland-Faroes union). Perhaps the polity just shifted to calling itself Denmark, with the Icelandic people accepting that name and de jure claim over the mainland in return for practically becoming the new core area of Denmark and gaining control of Greenland and the Faroes, or perhaps it instead adopted the name of Iceland-Denmark as a united polity. Perhaps, regardless of precisely how those things went down, it finds itself sort of along the lines of Taiwan OTL, pressured diplomatically (though here, probably by the west rather than mainland Denmark) to maintain the claim to Denmark, but with the general public tending to identify not as Danish or as a country that has claims on the mainland and instead as being their own thing

As for Guanxi, maybe. I kind of went with the compromise of Republican Chinese borders in the south and PRC borders in the north, since this communist China emerged differently with Sun Yat Sen being succeeded by a leftist rather than Chiang Kai Shek, and with the KMT-CPC united front remaining and shifting to be dominated by the CPC, without the two big civil wars. But with the leftist Nanjing government still having to contend with the warlords and taking some years to effectively gain direct control of the northern and western areas. Which could have meant that they just sort of kept the ROC borders in the more southern/central areas that were under their control/influence earlier, and then had more border evolution as they expanded control north and west. Though on the other hand, maybe it would just make sense to have continued ROC internal borders in that case, or instead for the northern/western internal borders to be butterflied to be somewhat different from the OTL PRC borders. Going back to Guanxi in particular, I didn't know that was the reasoning for changing those borders. I'm not sure if this alternate China would have as much of that motivation for "divide and conquer" in redrawing province borders... but maybe it still should be changed.

An article on the electoral effects of various proposed states: https://projects.fivethirtyeight.com/electoral-college-new-states-2016-election/

Fascinating! I had wondered what the politics of Full Deseret would be. I wish they allowed us to project multiple states at the same time. And also see possible changes if Puerto Rico, the Pacific Territories, and/or the US Virgin Islands achieve statehood. I guess that's what the Alternate Electoral Map Thread is for....

Ahikto North, 1792
This map will show the world in 1792 days before the Great War of 92'

The World has been dreading the Expansion of Halit against their own people. As Halit had conquered the Entirety of the Ujuakti Continent, leaving only Wama as a Friend. Boats full of Tens to hundreds of thousands of soldiers wait for the order to set sail for Xanadui as the War would begin against Xanadui and Halit. During this time, Pikland Was very unstable, being nearly impossible to cope with, as corruption has plagued the Empire for decades, it only took one more thing before they would break. While the Major nations of Gliserine and Penta had been increasing relations and have entered into a military Pact in 1788. With the Majority of the Triscana and Chete regions being completely overhauled by many many smaller states vying for power. While only a few years before in 1779, the kingdoms of Lily and Boton united to form Lily-Boton a union of their nations as a way to fend off any invaders from the south or east.
All it took was Halit to Declare war on Xanadui for most of the world to be pulled into a war.

Ahikto_North_LRG_GW92.jpg

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Created By Kento Kei Hayama

December 2nd, 2019

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Nixonia.png

Major General Richard "The Fighting Quaker" Nixon started a coup that led to a civil war. After his victory in 1970, Nixon was appointed Grand Chancellor. After his death in 1994, his successor, Barry Goldwater started a nuclear apocalypse.
With the fall of civilization, Western America stood strong. California's important politicians were remembered. After a while, the Republic of Nixonia was founded. Though it was based on Nixon's reign as supreme, dictator of the United States. Their constitution strictly followed Nixonian democracy. In 2497, they have become the most powerful country in the western world.

So a scenario just for the evulz. Absolutely not serious in any fashion. You will notice Germany's beautiful, bordergorey Eastern border as it seeks to contain the Bukovina, Banat and Transylvania Germans. Also, Legionary Czechoslovak Rhineland for the win.
The_Nightmare_Approaches.png

January 1939 : the Meteorite STN-666 "Morgenstern" strikes the Earth near Nürnberg, German Reich. It is recovered by elements of the Schutzstaffel (SS).
March 1939 : German troops occupy Central Bohemia and Moravia. A breakthrough in the study of the Morningstar Meteor results in the mass production of a mephitic smoke, which is breathed in by numerous members of the Schutzstaffel, including Reinhard Heydrich.
April 1939 : After one month of deep disease, birth of the Hydra, from the darkest pits of amorality of Heydrich and the hatred of Hell.
July 1939 : Heydrich is named Reichsprotektor of Bohemia-Moravia.
August 1939 : beginning of the Czech Exodus, through Slovakia, Hungary, and then Romania or Yugoslavia.
September 1939 : beginning of the Unholy war. Poland falls in four weeks to the joint assault of the German and Soviet armies. The performance of the SS-division Drakul is noticed.
December 1939 : The SS-divisions Drakul and Hydra break the Slovak republic, annexing it to the Reichsprotektorate of Bohemia-Moravia. The Slovaks soon join in the exodus.
April 1940 : Beginning of Operation Weserubung. Germany invades the Nordic countries. The involvement of the SS-divisions brings in Sweden, which makes the fall of Norway a much more difficult endeavor than expected.
July 1940 : Mussolini invades Greece. The French put up "Greek soldiers, please stop here, you enter French territory" signs in Menton.
August 1940 : Hitler is forced to launch a large operation in the Balkans, to securize the oil supply threatened by strategic Entente purchases and the hostility of the Carlist government, which has already resisted the Soviet threats, as well as rescue his incompetent ally.
February 1941 : SS-divisions strike into Switzerland, capturing all of the Nazi gold and managing to pass it for an Italian raid thanks to heavy bribing.
March 1941 : Hitler invades Italy. Mussolini capitulates, the King and his family evacuate to Sardinia; the Papacy evacuates to Avignon.
June 1941 : Operation Cobra's Fangs meet a deadly end when a suddenly appeared Saint Joan of Arc annihilates the SS thrust into the Ardennes. Meanwhile, the armored German offensives through Northern Belgium and Northern Switzerland are met with poor levels of success. This is however but a diversion for Case Werwulf, the landing by airship of a regiment of a thousand nazi vampires and their cyborg Major. Despite the valorous resistance of the British soldiers and the effective use of Britain's trump Alu-card, London falls, as well as much of Southwestern England, to the demonic hordes. The British governments moves to Cardiff. Japan instigates a Franco-Thai conflict, which escalates into a partition of Thailand.
July 1941 : French counter-attack in Belgium and Switzerland. The Germans are pushed back to the Rhine and a roughly straight line from the bend at Basel to the sea, following the Rhine, becomes coated in holy fire, making the German forces incapable of advancing onto French protectory. Meanwhile, King Arthur returns to Cardiff, Excalibur and all. He rallies the English troops and manages to stop the German advance in Britain. Alexander Anderson and the Papacy's Section XIII "Iskariot" coup the Irish government, obtain Northern Ireland and join the war as the Irish Paladinate.
October 1941 : the Hydra coups the Fuhrer. Göring and Himmler are executed, Hess manages to escape, barely, to England, where he is executed.
November 1941 : Initiation of the Undesirable Gestion Protocol. People start flee as much as they can what is increasingly known as the Höllereich - the Hell-realm.
February 1942 : the Rodina marches West.
March 1942 : the Rodina is now short its entire army.
April-September 1942 : French intervention in Spain.

Over the next thirteen years, the Hydra would capture most of Asia, only being stopped by Japanese krakens like the Mongols were by a storm, the Indus's holy waters, and a certain gold-loving individual in the Himalayas. Now, the Höllereich gathers its forces for a mass assault on Jerusalem, even as the Entente is said to have prepared a new weapon, from the Limousin pechblende, and gallons of holy water of Lourdes.

Last edited:
Here's one more map entry for the RDNA-verse, right in time for the end of the year, covering the remaining Free Nations of East Asia, an element of the setting that until recently had been largely ignored. The DeviantArt version can be found here.

The map, in addition to being a distant descendant of this 2010 entry, serves as a significant retcon/rework for both the Sovereign State of Free China and the Empire of Japan, which both haven't really seen any development since 2011. It's also an opportunity to much more properly begin fleshing out the lore for both powers, as well as the Kingdom of Joseon, and their significance in the wider setting. It's at once familiar yet rather difference, to say the least. I also made a point to incorporate various elements of each nation's respective histories in a way that would make sense in-universe.

Also, and once more, this is a work of fiction. This is not a political or ideological screed. The politically incorrect details in the map and text as deliberately in-verse. In addition, depiction is not endorsement.

At any rate, hope you enjoy. Banzai!

----​

The Free Nations of the Far Orient: General Introduction

Encompassing nearly 12,000,000 square km., the vast expanse of East Asia has historically been among the most significant regions of the world. Indeed, many of the Oriental peoples who reside here go back thousands of years into Antiquity, most notably the Chinese. Such cultural and political legacy endures still among the surviving Free Nations, for good or ill, in spite of being at the very fringes of the Collectivist Internationale.

The history of this corner of the globe, varied as it is, is at once distinct yet tied with its most prominent cultures. Over the course of a few centuries, the ancient lands of China saw the fall of the Ming Dynasty in 1640, the subsequent ascension of the Manchu or Ch'ing Dynasty, and an uprising in 1754 that brought about the native Fanrong Dynasty. This latter period, in turn, saw a gradual consolidation of power and by the mid-19th Century, a push for modernization that made the so-called Middle Kingdom on par with the Great Powers by 1910. In the islands of Japan, meanwhile, an age of civil war (known locally as the Sengoku Jidai) led to the rise of the Edo Shogunate in 1606 and a period of relative isolationism. This state of affairs was shattered in the 1850s amidst both growing pressure from Western powers and Fanrong reforms, resulting in the old Chrysanthemum Throne being properly restored in 1863 and a similar if even more ambitious drive towards modernizing itself. Then, there's the Kingdom of Joseon, which though nominally a "tributary" to the giant realm across the Yalu River and Yellow Sea, managed to preserve its integrity and Korean culture. This firm desire to hold itself from being at the mercy from either its neighbors or the Europeans approaching their ports would make it a neutral mediator and trading hub, which served the ruling House of Yi well.

While the Terror's impact in East Asia was not as dramatically immediate as in Europe, it would nonetheless leave lasting scars on the region's remaining Free Nations. The crumbling of old Russia, combined with the breakdown of economic trade, prompted the Chinese Empire to enact increasingly stringent measures to clamp down on dissent, which were made more complicated by both secessionists and growing political discord. With the assassination of the Yongli Emperor in 1928, however, a Provisional Regency was hastily established in Nanking, which proved incapable of holding the fraying country together. As more provinces succumbed to disloyal governors and militant groups backed by the Internationale, the Regency was forced to move further south to loyalist-held territories in Fukien, Formosa (also known as Taiwan), Canton and Hainan. Allying with the Japanese and American Federation, these "Free Chinese" soon established a network of fortifications to fend off the slowly encroaching Collectivists. Yet by the 1930s, any hopes of liberating the mainland in its entirety within a decade dissipated. Combined with a growing perception that the Mandate of Heaven was lost forever, this contributed to the Enlightened Revolution of 1937, with republican elements within the Regency (known as the T'ung-meng Hui or "United League") abolishing millennia of Imperial rule. It wouldn't be until the Min-ch'uan Reforms of 1958, however, that proper democracy would be embraced and the Sovereign State of Free China truly began reasserting themselves as a major power in their own right, warts and all.

The Empire of Japan fared somewhat better by comparison. Although Imperial Japanese forces failed to stop the Collectivists' march through the shattered remains of the Russian Empire, and were themselves forced out of what was Karafuto Province in 1929 (though not before heavily fortifying the Kuriles), their efforts were said to be instrumental in slowing the enemy's expansion and allowing many more Russians to escape, including the somewhat assimilated Roshiajin in the island of Hokkaido. Through its alliance with the Free Chinese, a defence pact with Joseon (until 2003) and the support of the Royalist "Three Crowns," the realm also became (and remains to this day) a crucial military, naval and atomic vanguard against the Internationale in the region. The Japanese are also known for more than their martial prowess, however, or for the samurai clans that have since joined the aristocracy. Despite the constant threats, these have failed to stifle the gradual democratic reforms that had been enacted since the Restoration of 1863. Though barely noticeably at first, this eventually brought about the emancipation of natives like the Ainu, greater liberties for all citizens and the establishment of a firm civil counterbalance against any internal threats, among others. That this aided in its rise as an economic and technological power on par with the New World, as well as its emergence as a hegemon strong enough to influence Free China in a manner that mirrors somewhat the predicament of the Legitimate Union of Brazil, could not be discounted, either.

The Kingdom of Joseon likewise fared admirably, at least initially. Despite sporadic attempts by rogue Chinese generals and later Collectivist forces to invade the peninsula from 1929 to 1950, the Koreans proved themselves to be stubbornly defiant, winning a series of valiant if costly battles before permanently securing the Yalu River from further incursions. As time went on, however, growing fears of subversive elements within Joseon's government and alleged interventions by the Japanese in local affairs began breeding militant groups and secret societies, many of which became enamored by the examples set by Australia, Colombia and other Reactionary states. Codifying a form of Reactionarism promoting the supremacy of the Korean race, a firebrand military commander named Chang Myon-seon secretly brought the disparate factions under one banner (known in English as the "United Front") in 1988, while gradually building up support for his cause among the Royal Armed Forces. Eventually, this boiled over with the 2003 Summer Coup, ostesibly in response to a supposed ceding of sovereignty to Japan. Though superficially retaining elements of the Royalist government, to the point of paying homage to the Phoenix Throne, in practice the new regime almost immediately proceeded to remake Joseon in its image, with King Yeong said to be in power only as a puppet. Severing ties with its neighbors, it joined the League of Neutral Defiance in 2007 and has since been extolling the return of Joseon to its rightful place in the world. Although there remain dissidents, backed by exiled opposition officials, the armed strongholds along the borders, now bolstered with Australian arms, have remained firm. At least for the moment.

Even in such a reduced form, the remaining Free Nations of the Far Orient still offer much for enterprising visitors and foreign powers alike. Few would deny that they have not earned their place in the Free World, or done their part in keeping the flames of freedom against the darkness and its obliteration of the self in the name of its Will.

- "The World Almanac of Nations." American Federation. 2023 Edition.

----​

For added trivia, the Romanization for the Chinese terms and placenames used is derived from the archaic Wade-Giles system, which in real life was eventually replaced by Hanyu Pinyin (though variations persist in modern Taiwan). Amoy, for instance, is the older rendering of Xiamen, while Fukien is that for Fujian. Similarly, the Korean used is based on the McCune-Reischauer system, which in real life was used in South Korea until 2002 and remains utilized in altered form by North Korea.

The Free Chinese flag is based off of the Five Races Under One Union flag (itself derived from the Five Elements in Chinese symbology), meant to represent the five major ethnic groups of Imperial and later Republican China (the Han, Manchus, Mongols, Muslim "Hui" and the Tibetans). The emblem is that of the Twelve Symbols (also based on traditional Chinese symbolism).

The ruling T'ung-meng Hui is a reference to the real life Tongmenghui secret society/underground resistance, which eventually became the Kuomintang/KMT. Coincidentally, the Min-ch'uan Reforms are a nod to Minquan, one of the Three Principles of the People in Sun Yat Sen's republican philosophy, which translates to "democracy." While the last Fanrong sovereign is named posthumously (if ironically) after the last monarch of the Ming Dynasty, the Yongli (or "Perpetual calendar") Emperor.

In addition to the Japanese flag incorporating a stylized version of the Imperial Seal (based on the Emperor's own Imperial Standard), the country's evolution is based on both Taisho Democracy and to a degree, Post-War Japan.

The Kingdom of Joseon's flag and emblem are a combination of the real life ones used by Joseon until the 19th Century and those of the short-lived Korean Empire (which lasted until 1910). The rise of Reactionarism among the Koreans in the timeline, however, is a combination of the militarist takeover of Japan in the 1930s and the rise of Fascist Italy (complete with the retention of a powerless monarchy).

----

A2muQT5.png

Anyway, back to the same scenario I've posted a bunch of maps for in this thread, here's a map of the most common first languages in each voivodeship of the Polish-Lithuanian Federation according to the 1900 census:

upload_2019-12-3_12-46-52.png

And here's a map using the same data but showing the second most common first language for each voivodeship:

upload_2019-12-3_12-47-19.png

Masovian and Kashubian are considered dialects of Polish but are listed separately on the census, in part because the dialects are more divergent from "standard" Polish than IOTL. Rusynian is the TTL equivalent of Belorussian, but with more influence from Polish and Lithuanian and less influence from Russian, Rumelian is just the TTL term for the Bulgarian language, and while Moldavian is technically the same as Transylvanian and Wallachian there's still some debate at this point ITTL between the three groups as to what their collective demonym should be, so for now the census calls the language Moldavian.

Each of the languages shown on this map is an official language of at least one constituent Republic, but if we were only considering official languages of the Federation as a whole then we'd only see Polish, Silesian, Czech, Moravian, Yiddish, Estonian, Moldavian, Lithuanian, Latvian, Rusynian, Galician, and the recent addition of Sorbian. You'll note that German, despite being a dominant first language in two of the Republics, isn't an official language Federation-wide (for geopolitical and historical reasons involving Prussia, Brandenburg, and Austria) - part of the German Peoples' Party platform is to change exactly this, with some members of the party even advocating for the unification of the German-majority voivodeships as the German Peoples' Republic of the Polish-Lithuanian Federation, and the more extreme members advocating for German secession and unification with the North German Republic. The part about making German an official language at the Federal level is popular with their constituents, the other parts not as much but they still have their supporters.

It's also important to note that "most common first language" does not necessarily correspond to "most common ethnicity" - for instance, even the German-speaking residents of Pomerania would be more likely to consider themselves Swedes or Pomeranians than Germans.

For reference, here's a map where all the voivodeships in each of the constituent Republics are the same colour:

upload_2019-12-3_12-59-6.png

In 1900, the Republics are Bohemia, Courland, Lithuania, Poland, Pomerania, Prussia, Silesia, Galicia, Moravia, Rusynia, Moldavia, Estonia, Livonia, and Lusetia.

Moldavia is also part of the Dacian Group, meant to foster co-operation between Moldavia, Transylvania, and Wallachia, and one proposal being debated by the Dacian Group is accession to the Federation by Transylvania and Wallachia, either as separate Republics or by unifying with Moldavia. There are also ongoing negotiations with the Hungarian Provisional Government over the possibility of Hungary becoming a Republic, although the biggest obstacle there is the fact that Austria is in turn trying to convince the HPG to let Lower Hungary be annexed by the Holy Roman Empire, using full unification with Upper Hungary as their bargaining chip.

Thoughts?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.