Map Thread XIX

Status
Not open for further replies.

Deleted member 108228

@Ernak, any story behind Baal in Eperaim? Same story behind all the insulting names they use in the Dakotas?

In the world of this map, the "Etymological Rectification Committee" went on a renaming spree across the new Republic,changing the names of cities, places, and even streets. However, in their fanaticism, they became a bit lazy in their naming conventions, often forgetting to take into consideration the city's history.

For the names in the Dakotas, I was more inspired by the book, mainly the reservations. Thus, I decided to take the idea of blacks being the "Children of Ham" to their logical conclusion. They would not be given the privilege of unique city names, but rather derivatives of the word Ham.

Deleted member 108228

What countries if any, is Gilead friendly with? How are mixed race people treated?

Gilead is as friendly to the world as 1980's Iran was to the West. That is to say, not really. Unless it's relating to trade-offs of Handmaids and reproduction technologies, economic loans following the Revival Wars, then Gilead handles it's own business. However, the world has begun to open itself to Gilead, mainly in the form of development plans.

This Gilead was more inspired by the book, so mixed race people aren't treated very well.

@Ernak, any story behind Baal in Eperaim? Same story behind all the insulting names they use in the Dakotas?

They're religious crazy people invoking biblical entomology as propaganda

Gilead is as friendly to the world as 1980's Iran was to the West. That is to say, not really. Unless it's relating to trade-offs of Handmaids and reproduction technologies, economic loans following the Revival Wars, then Gilead handles it's own business. However, the world has begun to open itself to Gilead, mainly in the form of development plans.

This Gilead was more inspired by the book, so mixed race people aren't treated very well.

Out of curiosity have you read The Testaments? (the sequel not the Bible). Spoilers: Gilead is collapsed from the inside out?

Last edited:

Stretch

Donor
Hey, this is a bit of a challenge to the world builder map makers (rvbomally, bmunro etc). There are a number of well thought out and interesting alternate countries on YouTube. The ones that come to mind are WTF Foxy and Korean Mapping's 22 minute Alternate Empires of the World, but there are many more. My challenge is to come up with a plausible history for how things became the way they are and make a world map. Obviously, it would be easier with the more plausible nations.

L48HCNp.jpg
For someone who lives in Israel, the names are hilarious. How did you find all those names?

Hey, this is a bit of a challenge to the world builder map makers (rvbomally, bmunro etc). There are a number of well thought out and interesting alternate countries on YouTube. The ones that come to mind are WTF Foxy and Korean Mapping's 22 minute Alternate Empires of the World, but there are many more. My challenge is to come up with a plausible history for how things became the way they are and make a world map. Obviously, it would be easier with the more plausible nations.

Links please? (I don't think you realize how lazy I am. :biggrin: )

Thoughts on this middle east?

It's middle and it's eastern?

It's a little strange to extend North Yemen into the Hejaz, but whatever. A "Mashriqi" state including both Syria and Sunni Arab areas in Iraq is fine, if a little unwieldy. Turkey probably still wants Iskandria, Alawites be damned!

I can't tell what amount of the West Bank is part of Jordan, but that's fine, I guess.

Your Lebanon seems to have OTL borders which means it's still a sectarian clusterfuffle.

It's unclear to me why Qatar and the *UAE would merge, or how they would conquer that land. Also - is Bahrain with them, too? If so, you should try to find a way to show that.

Why is the Sinai excluded from the heavy green line around Egypt and Sudan? Why does the line start halfway down the Hejazi coast, then wrap around half the Arabian Peninsula before stopping abruptly halfway down the *UAE?

Also, be careful using terms like "ideal map" - people have gotten banned over this. Multiple times. Granted, usually for things far more controversial than this, but still.

Status
Not open for further replies.