Map Thread XIX

Status
Not open for further replies.

Eparkhos

Banned
For your edification (or the malicious destruction of your visual cortex, take your pick) I hereby present the result of the third Most Unreadable Map Challenge. (Actually the fourth, but the other "third" one isn't for WorldA.) This one was started by @APeninSpace, and features many chaotic, stunning, detailed, insanity-inducing contributions by -- among others -- @Etruscan-enthusiast35, @Fred Guo, @Bennett, @Baconheimer, @Allan Nonymous, and yours truly. I've now filled in the last "blank spots" on the map, thereby completing this project. Fred Guo has already started the next round, and I urge you all to participate in it right here. (It's an excellent opportunity to go totally batshit crazy.)

I stress that this map was a collaborative effort, and that I'm only posting it here because I'm the one who completed the project. I had my fair share in the creation of this crime against cartography, but the credit belongs to all those who participated. It was a lot of fun, guys!

View attachment 500565

Is it wrong that the fire is the least terrifying bit about that map?
It reminds me of Guy Fieri's shirt.
images

Which is comforting, because Guy Fieri is understandable, unlike the cartographic aberration in question.

For your edification (or the malicious destruction of your visual cortex, take your pick) I hereby present the result of the third Most Unreadable Map Challenge. (Actually the fourth, but the other "third" one isn't for WorldA.) This one was started by @APeninSpace, and features many chaotic, stunning, detailed, insanity-inducing contributions by -- among others -- @Etruscan-enthusiast35, @Fred Guo, @Bennett, @Baconheimer, @Allan Nonymous, and yours truly. I've now filled in the last "blank spots" on the map, thereby completing this project. Fred Guo has already started the next round, and I urge you all to participate in it right here. (It's an excellent opportunity to go totally batshit crazy.)

I stress that this map was a collaborative effort, and that I'm only posting it here because I'm the one who completed the project. I had my fair share in the creation of this crime against cartography, but the credit belongs to all those who participated. It was a lot of fun, guys!
The color key must look like a phonebook.

View attachment 500565
THE LINES MASON WHAT DO THEY MEAN

View attachment 500565

This was my greatest creation. (Ignore the fact I barely did anything)

View attachment 500565

Do you have a key for this?

Skallagrim

Banned
Do you have a key for this?

Emphatically no.

One might say that this map is... off-key.

That spiral in Africa looks like PewDiePie's logo fr tho...

Pure coincidence. It's actually much, much worse. My description for that element was:

Deep in the desert, the maze awaits. They say that God ordered His angels to build it. They say that it leads the unworthy to hell, and the pious to heaven. They say that when the day arrives for the world to welcome justice, the Mahdi will emerge from this labyrinth. Many undertake their final pilgrimage to this destination, when they feel the end of their lives drawing close. None ever return.

(Yes, most of the lunacy you see on this map comes with a description.)

View attachment 500565

I'm liking those French Republican Grid Departments!

Eparkhos

Banned
Why does Greece and Western Anatolia look normal while everything else looks like...

The results of an atomic grenade being dropped into a steel box full of sheep with multi-colored blood?

kaurstatesblack.png

The first major map of Kauresia, it's own states. This is the second map to show off the major subdivisions of a country in Ball of Confusion. Kauresia is a federation comprising of 29 states, with 2 major territories and a federal district. While the whole structure of government is still being brainstormed, this will be a side project to develop alongside Concordia as the superpower of the southern hemisphere of Erecond.

View attachment 500598

The first major map of Kauresia, it's own states. This is the second map to show off the major subdivisions of a country in Ball of Confusion. Kauresia is a federation comprising of 29 states, with 2 major territories and a federal district. While the whole structure of government is still being brainstormed, this will be a side project to develop alongside Concordia as the superpower of the southern hemisphere of Erecond.
Why is there a state named Gay?

Status
Not open for further replies.