Map Thread XIX

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't fit into your little boxes. I will ruin literally every thread. Nothing except for even the slightest warning from an admin can stop me.
This is not a game you want to play because not only will no one play it with you there are people here far, far better at it than you will ever be.

Anyways, anyone have any ideas for a divergent India with a POD in like 800? I'm thinking about either having a powerful shia state there or a new religion altogether

Anyways, anyone have any ideas for a divergent India with a POD in like 800? I'm thinking about either having a powerful shia state there or a new religion altogether
Ideas for a specific state I lack, but I do have an idea for a Religion; It is basically a blend of Zoroastrianism and Buddhism, with the main focus being on achieving enlightenment to become one with Ahura Mazda(or his equivalent), and maybe some influences from Hinduism and Islam.

sorry to disturb but does anyone else noticed that maps have been getting relatively suddenly more likes over the past 2-3 weeks? More maps have above 70 or so likes even tho the quality doesn’t seem significantly higher than usual

sorry to disturb but does anyone else noticed that maps have been getting relatively suddenly more likes over the past 2-3 weeks? More maps have above 70 or so likes even tho the quality doesn’t seem significantly higher than usual
I feel someone's plugged AH.com on some far-off platform or something- I've seen a lot of content not up to par (for example, Worldas without any context) and people who don't seem to understand semi-professional forum etiquette (for example, actively insulting people giving advice)

My relatively low quality map did get a surprising amount of likes.

I feel someone's plugged AH.com on some far-off platform or something- I've seen a lot of content not up to par (for example, Worldas without any context) and people who don't seem to understand semi-professional forum etiquette (for example, actively insulting people giving advice)
Have we gone...
...mainstream?​

View attachment 487305

The Tiger of Asia.
POD: The Meiji Restoration never occurs in Japan, and instead occurs in the Hermit Kingdom.

The Korean Empire under the Joseon Dynasty was, inspired by Chinese and Pan-Asian alliance leaders whom of which learnt and studied in Korea would formulate the Empire of Korea to combat Russian, British, and French influence in Eastern Asia. With the humiliating defeat of the Russian Baltic Fleet by the Koreans after the first Sino-Korean war eventually destabilized most of Russia, resulting in a Civil War. This in turn established the Tiger of Asia as a enormous threat to European influence in China. The Korean Empire, however, did not hate the Chinese as much as the Japanese did so as in OTL, and as a result became business partners with them after the annexation of taiwan and other regions. Now, Japan. The Japanese Archipelago has, for quite some time, been under the dominance of the Tokugawa Shogunate, which is just how the Koreans like it. With Japan under a humiliating government it's a perfect opportunity to make the Japanese depend on the Korean Economy, as this would result in its submission as a puppet state of Korea.
Exactly how do you have Korea competing with the Europeans? Do you mean in getting industrial production up and exporting that? Otherwise the Americans and Europeans would have a lot more to trade, not including the opium stuff. Also, for the Meiji Restoratiin wouldn't the political situation need to be closer to Japan in Korea? With one group having immense power, and everyone else piling into an alliance to put them on the side. The Ryukyu Islands probably would need to go to someone else. The Satsuma Domain did have a degree of hegemony over it, but even they acted like they were independent as it allowed them to trade with China indirectly and continue to control the trade of luxuries into Japan. They were quite reliant on them, and made it so the Dutch had to keep their trade goods on the mainland, the Japanese did the selling, and the Dutch were not allowed to take their unsold stuff and leave. The Japanese also didn't have much to trade, focusing on copper later on but trying to do it in limited amounts because they wanted to keep getting foreign trade for their own internal wealth and power. They even checked the port that traded with Korea to see if they could increase imports at a time they were going to threaten the Dutch, to make up for shortfalls. But yes, the Ryukyus were desired by the Americans and I imagine they would have tried seizing some. Sucks for the locals, who were never allowed to accept money from anyone due to the Chinese (while the Japanese simply took the money themselves) though I have probably went over this sort of stuff before. If the Koreans have the Ryukyus as a sattelite state it would make their coming to Taiwan a bit more believable, as the Japanese excuse for invading was something about pirates or shipwrecks in the area. Oooh! And you could have the Americans with the Bonin and Volcano Islands. They had them before the Japanese, who came in a decade later, claiming they once owned the only-Americans-have-lived-here-over-the-last-four-or-five-hundred-years-islands.

worldmap.png

Fourth map in the Alternate Scramble series: Partition of most of Asia by every European great power in the year of 1914. I used the NCS color scheme. And, no, that is Danish Philippines, not American Philippines.

Last edited:

Skallagrim

Banned
Fourth map in the Alternate Scramble series: Partition of Asia by every European great power, and the four Balkan middle powers, in the year of 1914. I used the NCS color scheme. And, no, that is Danish Philippines, not American Philippines.

I made the grievous error of gazing directly upon those colonial borders, without the proper metaphysical protection measures in place...

indiana-jones-face-melting-gif.gif

Since when did we need people from other platforms to provide these things? We were doing fine on our own.

View attachment 487445
Fourth map in the Alternate Scramble series: Partition of Asia by every European great power, and the four Balkan middle powers, in the year of 1914. I used the NCS color scheme. And, no, that is Danish Philippines, not American Philippines.
Bold of you to assume that the British could directly control around three to four hundred million Chinese in 1914.

Status
Not open for further replies.